I work two jobs, my rent is $1200 a month. I don't have a car, i've sold most of my shit and I can't afford rent...

I work two jobs, my rent is $1200 a month. I don't have a car, i've sold most of my shit and I can't afford rent. It's the cheapest in my city. I need advice. I don't know what to do.

prostitution

bus/train tickets are 60 bucks. leave the town and try to set up somewhere else.

prostitution

Pick up a guitar, play your heart and soul out. Become famous after forming an underground Grunge-like band and woo the whole fucking world, have it wrapped around your finger. Be worth hundreds of millions, yet suffer from crippling depression and form a crippling heroin addiction.

At the height of your fame, commit suicide via shotgun in your Seattle, Washington lakefront home in the upstairs of your detached garage/green house.

Problem = Solved.

what city?

Get the fuck outta the city and move to a close suburb. 3 bedroom apartment in city in chicago is 4k a month

In the burbs i pay 700.

Move somewhere cheaper

Move in another country

Skip rent, buy junk car and live from it. Blare pink season as you live and be happy. Or get a roommate

I've looked into that. It's something I'm going attempt to do. Train tickets are $300 each, bus tickets just take me to more expensive cities

/thread

Ottawa CAN

I've asked and tried to get roommates multiple times, it hasn't worked.

You have two choices:
>Move to a different city
or
>Get a better-paying job

That's it.

All of your advice is my last chance before I become homeless, this is why i came here.

Can't get a better paying job, government town. I don't speak french.
I don't have the money to move, I'd just be better off living in a car or under a bridge

suicide is always an option

I guess I shouldn't have assumed you didn't try...listen friend you male your life as safe as you can. But life is a risk from the start. So stomp toes and be a dick to become happier. That guitar idea wasn't bad

I live in my semi
2 steps from work
2 steps from bed
no rent
no mortgage
no gas/electric bill
no property taxes
no water/garbage/sewer costs.
no house maintenance
no home/renters insurance
no car
no gas
no car insurance
no car payment
no plates, no registration, no car maintenance

All I got is money rolling in every week. My biggest expense is groceries.

More jobs =/= more money. Go to school you nug and get paid more for your time.

Be an hero

You in ottawa?

The Guitar idea is one of the ideas I'm laying on right now. I just don't know where to start

Yep

Where would I even go to apply for a trucker job? I'd be down for that.

Get a roomate you spergy fuck tard. Cut your rent in half, PROBLEM SOLVED

I've tried. I've asked friends and even fucking random people who are looking for roomies. It didn't work.

Get roomies. Ive literally never paid more than 600 a month after internet and Ive lived downtown 4 years

I've advertised looking for roomies. it doesn't work. I'm at a loss

Speaks the truth.
I live in Chicago and my 1bed1bath is 1.5k.
I get to watch my hot neighbor fuck randoms on occasion. So I got that going for me. Which is nice.

Airbnb is an option. Roomies on kijiji is easy. My last place was a dump and I atill found 2 people

I'll try Kijiji

With the guitar and a semi...my god dude you just gotta strum and sing on a beefheart tom waits style.

A quick way to get into govt is sign up for a procurement program at the gonk

i recommend car

here's what I used to do. Just walk around areas you'd like to live in and look for " for rent" signs on windows. Was honestly the best way I found. Eventually after checking a few you often stumble onto something cheap and doable.

Yep. I'll look around for a trucking job.

rent a room out or rent a room somewhere else

I'll do that

Ok first... you need to sell what you don't need. I know you said that you've sold all your shit but is that really true? Do you still have a TV? A toaster? Anything?

Right now, the first thing you need to worry about is the bare essentials here.

1) Utilities / Rent
2) Insurance
3) Groceries

I assume you have a phone. Shop around for lower plans. Yes, that may mean you don't have unlimited text. Sorry but for a period of time, you wont be able to send dick pics to your trap boyfriend because of data usage.

DO NOT GET A LOAN!!! The second most important thing right now is that you do not go into debt for any reason. That will just complicate the matters.

Cut your grocery costs. You do not need to be going out to eat for anything! I'm assuming it's just one person, you. If that's true, you should be able to live off of as close to $75 a month. That'll get you rice and beans. Thats what you're going to be eating for a while. Yes, it fucking sucks but do you want a roof over your head? Yes? Ok well suck it up.

See if you can get help from your parents or family, maybe even friends. I'm sure people would be willing to help you if try not to be so autistic.

You need to cut all unnecessary expenses. Planning on going out with friends this weekend? Think again. No! You need to be saving money to pay for your essentials/ bare minimums (listed above). And also ask your employers if you can pick up some more hours.

Lastly, you need to ask yourself why are you in this position. Is it because you spent to much money on something? Are you in debt? There is no way someone working two jobs should be in this situation.

Best of luck. If you actually want more in-depth help, post your finances and all your expenses on r/personalfinance. Yes it's reddit but do you want to be an autistic hobo or a reddit faggot who has isn't a fucking hobo?

You got this dudder. That's the wild thing, rich folks can do anything but also if you're so poor you can do anything.

Being poor is a mindset. There's a difference in being broke and poor. Ask Dave Ramsey.

Thank you. I really appreciate this. I've screenshotted it, I have sold everything I own, including the toaster. If I want toast I have to fucking use a stove. I've taken the Semi truck job and the guitar thing into consideration. This has helped and has given me ideas. Thank you so much

OP here, thank you everyone for your tips and advice. I've taken it all into consideration and have written down all the ideas. If I don't become homeless and end up staying here or making decent money. I'll come back with the same picture and update. Thanks everyone!

if the guitar thing works out thank /b for it