Personal AOTY

Personal AOTY

Other urls found in this thread:

konradsprenger.bandcamp.com/
gerardlavender.bandcamp.com/album/the-public-image
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Nah senpai... it was good! And one of their better albums in a while (besides the cover album of twin peaks) but kind of mediocre in comparison to thier early stuff.

Even when not comparing the album to xiu xiu other greater works and looking at it aside from that fact it's still mediocre art pop.

From what I rmeber it was purposely made more accessible to grow a bigger audience and cause Jamie wanted to make a pop record because he was listening to a lot of Rihanna (you can look it up, not memeing). And no i am not saying that cause it's more accessiable it's bad I mean just listen to fabulous muscles that's easy to digest and really good.

between the new blanck mass or the new endon

probably leaning closer to blanck mass desu i love endon but some of the tracks on it just feel a bit like more typical of the whole post-black metal whatever blah bullshit that's been making the rounds since sunbather. a little disappointed about that desu. still great album though

I cant decide between Blanck Mass, GAS, or Mount Eerie

literally who?

no

Nice argument! You must be on the debate team

Pretty much already summed up right here, Arca's new album is pretty nice as well. Was really hoping Clark's new Death Peak album and Humanz was going to be good, but Humanz felt kinda lackluster and Death Peak was "alright".

This is completely true. Mount Eerie's A Crow Looked At Me is definitely AOTY

dishonest musicmaking

I would say the new Nana Grizol is my AOTYSF. I have been enjoying these as well:
Wild Pink - Wild Pink
Xiu Xiu - Forget
The I.L.Y's - Bodyguard
Perfume Genius - No Shape
The new Shabazz Palace and Free Throw records have impressed me on my first couple listens.

Did nobody else like this?
I don't really care for the political narrative but its still good.

Between this and Arca for me

No

Xiu Xiu comes in 2nd place.

This is mine as well, it's really unlikely that I'd find someone else on Sup Forums who listened to this. I found it on the Squidco website.

Got any other good albums from this year?

Imagine being over 15 and thinking that's a good name for an album.

check the new Konrad Spranger on Pan, just came out and it's really great konradsprenger.bandcamp.com/

also this is a 10 minute spoken word/electronic thing gerardlavender.bandcamp.com/album/the-public-image

prediction: will be AOTY

Hell yeah! Glad I ain't the only one.

I have a feeling the new DG album could be AOTY based on the megamix they dropped

Tonemenomicon

this. Get Up is SOTYSF

spot the redditor

At least someone else enjoys this record

>it's the same fucking albums posted in every one of those threads

Brutus finally went to Spotify. I've had the cd for a couple months but Spotify is just so damn convenient. And the cd didn't come with lyrics anyway. I don't know about objective but Brutus - Burst is possibly the most special album of the year to me.

one of their weakest releases

Better than Twin Geeks

not really

Well I don't wanna derail the thread

>he genuinely thinks this.
It's too late, user. That's one hot opinion.

These and pic related

Nope

I'm talking about Brutus or nothing at all. Then I'm starting 18 Visions

No

You werent kidding. This is pretty good so far.

This is so good. Almost feels like he's been retroactively influenced by death grips, but it's more out there and abrasive than any of the shit they put out.

4/5

It's kinda like the last album he put out, but without 15 minutes of the same song (there were 3 long songs on it), alot of saxaphones and screaming. Definitely his best work yet.

I swear to god Rest In My brain sounds like Stefan at times.

No

how are you calling this album of the year?

it is so bland and uninspired.
genuinely annoyed me listening to how nothing the whole record was.
but then saying that, fleet foxes are very hit and miss.

this is really good, thanks

Tbh I kinda liked the last album but I get why other people don't. I listen to a lot of free jazz so I got kinda giddy when he released three massive free jazz style hip hop songs (though it's often hard to even call it hip-hop). Still such an underrated artist and it's a shame that death grips are so popular but B L A C K I E is so unheard of. I think a lot of people reckon DG is the be all and end all of industrial hip hop but there so much more out there. The last album was also apparently recorded in one night which might explain why it's so weird at times. Still got some fucking crazy vocal performances

>A vulture rises

I know clipping. has tweeted a fair bit of b l a c k i e's stuff so at least they're trying to build the scene. Ratking could have done a lot to popularise the style as well if they didn't fall apart like they did.

oooh that looks cool when scrolling up and down

DAMN. I feel sorry for this.

I wonder if it's intentional.

I mean I liked it, but it's like with Remains he decided to do a more cohesive thing with the same style. Sort of completed what he was trying to do.

Been kind of on the fence on this one. Likely to chance soon enough.

eveything now is generic shot so far. ofc im waiting for more

nO

Waiting on Everything Now and LCD Soundsystem's before I make the official call but so far definitely this