What does Sup Forums think about this album?

What does Sup Forums think about this album?

It's like the Chronic but worse in every single way.

Only about 2 or 3 of the songs are worth listening to.

classic

A game changer in it's time, but aged very poorly compared to most 90s hip hop. 3rd era gangsta will get it's day in the sun in a year or two if I could guess, as soon as everyone stops hating on Get Rich or Die Tryin.

I was born in 93.
I grew up KNOWING it was a classic
Listening to it lately, it's OK. Lots of random rappers on tracks.

I always listened to this and imagined what the Detox album would be like.

FOR FUCKING YYEEAARRSS.

Then Dre released that underwhelmin 'Comptom' album and I was so pissed. Watered-town trap and nostalgia-influenced POS album.

I hope Dre releases a future 'DETOX' album which blows all of us away.

I grew up thinking that DETOX would be the savior of music. The jesus of music.

But instead, it looks like Kendrick Lamar is Detox himself.

Dr. Dre is a businessman, not a rapper.
/thread

I think it's better than the Chronic by far. Underrated album in that regard. How many songs on Chronic hold up after all these years? not many

this.

2001 is much better than chronic though

K. Dot is better than any Detox album could ever be. but gotta disagree on Compton album I thought it was solid and a worthy final album if that really is it

There's an ungodly amount of filler on it but the good songs are the god-tier

I'll admit that The Chronic is dated but dated isn't a bad thing. The beatwork on the album is some of the best 90s G Funk had to offer if not THE best.

Compton was good...but not amazing.
Believe me...I relied on 'Detox' on being incredible.

Maybe I'm retarded or something...but Compton didnt live up to the Detox hype.

Like I mentioned..I hope Detox is still out there.

Dre mentioned a few years back he was working on 'The Planets' and I think that's my Detox.

Better than the Chronic but not by much. I wish Ms. Roq made a solo album.

Planets won't be out untl 2030 at the latest.
It'll probably be a posthumous album.

The Planets? He is collaborating with Gustav Holst from beyond the grave?

kekked

You joking but if Dre sampled Holst it might be the album of the decade.

imagine if he made a beat out of Mars: bringer of war

i was joking but I am just as into the idea as you are. I'd love to hear him do it

DUDE WEED LMAOOO

its fucking great

I was just bumping this album earlier. I fucking love it. Hitman is severly underrated

the Beats by Dre headphones IS "detox"

fucking created a new way to listen to music..THEN GOT BOUGHT BY APPLE

FUCKING CLASSIC

Dr. Dre could've invented modern trap music.

He decided that he would see where music was going. He decided to work with Monster/Apple on the headphones.

Now that trap/raptrap has hit it's peak, here's Dre's time to shine.

[[[[[hell, maybe dr. dre was friends with lex luthor and actually made today's modern trap sound. Imagine that????]]]]]

>new way to listen to music
>apple

perfect collaboration. a company (apple) that gets millions of retards to buy their "innovative" products. ipod was not the first mp3 player, iphone was not the first smartphone, and mac was not the first computer. However at least those products had something special about them the justified their existence. At the time they were some of the best products in their category... Dre beats are just overpriced headphones/speakers that are more about brand cache than audio quality. And lovely people like yourself proclaim them to be "a new way to listen to music"

I got a new way to wipe my ass, just printed your post and used it as toilet paper

fucking kek
i love you

cant we just appreciate both, i love 90% of the songs on both albums

>lex luthor

lex luger? LMAO

kek I'm drunk. I'm retarded as shit.

You're right

this expresses me right now. I'm 22 but I completely understand this

Apple acquiring Beats was the beginning of their transition from a trendy tech company to a full blown tech fashion company, along with the release of the gold and rose gold iphones.

U ain't seein the bigger picture

bruce jenner acquiring tits was the beginning of his transition from forgotten olympic athlete to freakshow. whats ur point

Dr. Dre will invent a new genre before 2020

screenshot this

literally kekked out loud