What is the best Ween song and why is it Boys Club?

What is the best Ween song and why is it Boys Club?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5YyBZXSUGe8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Its The Blarney Stone

Someday

the beauty of ween is the variation i think, you dont pick one song thats the best, you marvel at their awesome range and laugh at how goddamn funny everything is

if i had to pick, my favorite song is Tastes good on th bun

I like you user.
Tastes good on th' buns a weird choice though. I will respect your choice.

youtube.com/watch?v=5YyBZXSUGe8

Wish 12GCG got more love on this board. It's such a great album. Who doesn't love Powder Blue? That song kicks major ass. Same with Piss up a Rope and Fluffy.

literally every song is gold, the musicianship is heavenly, and the lyrics are funny as fuck

I fucking lose it at Mister Richard Smoker every time.

This

I agree with you user. Its brown af but is still catchy. I just really love that fucking riff

It is a damn good riff. Love the cowbell in the drum part too.

the drums really make the song for me, the rhythm is positively crunchy

I love The Mollusk. It's a simple but vivid track, just a dude and a kid talking about a mollusk he found.

If you dont think that Buckingham Green is Ween's magnum opus you literally have shit taste

fuck i forgot about how good this one is

why ask why?

If you think that Buckingham Green is Ween's magnum opus, you literally have just got into Ween (probably only listened to The Mollusk a few times and haven't really listened to their other albums or songs and never seen them live) and should listen to more Ween, because their other stuff is amazing.

ftfy

I've CWC, Mollusk, WP and bits and pieces of The Pod. My friend rec'd me Quebec but I havent listened to it yet. What's your favorite album?

I like The Pod and Pure Guava the best, but they're all amazing.

pure guava is unlistenable to me

any love here for Joppa Road? comfiest song ever

it's the most easiest album to listen to for me

Frank

I'm hopefully going to see them live in september. Anything I should expect other than a good show?

i dont get that

pure guava seems like it was designed to specifically to sound ugly, like it was a challenge to listeners, can you handle this attack on your ears

Yeah. It is for most people, but you just got to embrace the brown, man. I'd say listen to their live stuff to kind of get a sense for their sound without all the studio magic. They also play a lot of their older songs live, so you can familiarize yourself with them. Also, you get a sense of what Gene and Dean are like. Then, try listening again and you'll find it more enjoyable. A lot of the appeal of their early albums is the fact that they were two dudes who made music full of shitty fart jokes in their Mom's basement.

They're amazing live. Their shows are hilarious. Expect alternate versions of several songs. They like to expand on a lot of their earlier songs, making them longer with added intros, closers, or solos. Also, Claude plays the drum machine parts, so don't expect any of the songs from the first 3 albums to sound like they do on the first 3 albums. But yeah. Expect a good show and a good time.