Is this the most underrated movie of all time?

Is this the most underrated movie of all time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mTjUu1Bt29o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Have seen it multiple times and I love it. But I wouldn't call it a masterpiece. I find it relatively easy to find flaws in it while most often when I hear it mentioned it is by others perceived as a good movie.

So I don't think it is underrated.

But maybe underappreciated relative to some movie out there getting more attention and praise than most with afterthought would deem deserved.

>find flaws
Real flaws or "that's not how templars would fight / medieval politics weren't like that"?

True Ridley Scott kino

It's good, I just hate Orlando Bloom.

One of my favorite movies of all time. I've watched it atleast 10 times over

If anything it's overrated because of the massive amounts of faggots that think it's underrated and "the director's cut is good i swear!"

It's all mediocre trash. Fuck off. It's appropriately "rated" as so.

The directors cut is overrated

Whats the difference between the cut and the one in theaters?

About 35 minutes.

repeat after me:
CHRISTIANS ARE BAD

AND

MUSLIMS ARE GOOD AND DINDU NUFFIN

no

Did you forget the top-down shot where both armies smashing into each other form an uniform mass of indistinguishable soldiers?

I remember searching this movie because of the now ancient game AOE2. A very tiring and boring experience, and inferior to both AOE1 and 3, but many played it at the time. It was slow as hell.

The Saladin campaign. Was very disappointed when I discovered that almost all important virtual characters based on historical figures in the game had an unit, yes, William Wallace, Joan of Arc, Genghis Khan, all of them, except Saladin! I mean I watched the movie, read the history books and was expecting an exact reconstruction of his image in the game and there wasn't one. Well.

As for the movie It was okay. It's a lot like Gladiator, but worse.

What is Jerusalem worth Sup Forums ?

I was just going to make a thread about this exact same thing. Personally it's in my top-10 movies. It's smarter than people usually give it credit for.

Did you even pay attention? Saladin is the only thing keeping the bloodthirsty allahuakbars in line. Also his actor did a great job.

Nothing.

It's overrated on here

0...∞

>it took a kurd to keep the arabs from goimg savage and lose everything like they did previously
>similar to how a albanian lead the arabs in their war for a independent egypt against the ottomans
what would happen if a chinese man lead the arabs of the ME today?

>It's smarter than people usually give it credit for.
>a blacksmith gets handed the throne of Jerusalem without any of the nobles with a legit claim getting mad
>he also becomes a master of siege warfare and middle eastern farming techniques despite having no experience or knowledge in any of these

what? he has a legit claim via his dad and early in the film it is said that he used to be a siege engineer

the directors cut does not fix the main problem with the movie - orlando bloom.

it would have been a really good movie if they chose someone other than that fucking idiot to be the lead.

he's not that bad actually IMO. the only issue I have with him is his boipussi looks which don't suit the character

remember, he's playing a guy whose wife died and had nothing left in his life other than some vague idea of salvation he might find in jerusalem. he's not even supposed to be intense or expressive all the time

Please elaborate, I know less about this stuff than would like.

the first half of the movie he's mostly fine. most of the problem with him is in the second half where he becomes the defender of jerusalem and all that stuff. he can't handle that material.

In the movie Balian was a bastard. He had no claim. But he turns up to Jerusalem a stranger to everyone and is given command of the whole army when just an hour before Liam Neeson was having to teach him basic fighting moves. It's a decent movie but let's be honest it's fucking retarded in parts.

No he doesn't

He's given a shitty plot of land near Jerusalem and meets the King who then takes a liking to him

>is given command of the whole army

yeah because all other nobles got beheaded in the desert, he was the only one who stayed in jerusalem

No, the original cut is a piece of shit and fairly rated as a piece of shit. The extended directors cut is good/great, and i've never heard anyone anything bad about it.

Yep so it makes total sense to give the job to the illegitimate son of some common whore who got fucked by a lord and who spent his whole life as a blacksmith who never fought in a battle his entire life.

who the fuck else was going to take the job? the former king's favorite or some random pleb serf?

He says he has fought in battles in the film

Are you stupid?

The directors cut certainly is.

He fought in a war in France and he was legitimised by his father.

>inb4 i trolled u

I don't remember this but even so fighting in a battle doesn't automatically make you qualified to be a general. Especially when the movie makes you out to be the illegitimate son of a noble that's lived the life of a peasant. It makes for a good Hollywood story but given the era this movie is set a blacksmith being given land and made a lord like that then fast tracked to the top of the tree to the point he's heir to the throne is bullshit.

His dad might have been a noble but he was still a bastard born out of wedlock to some peasant woman. That's how feudal society worked. In reality he had zero standing other than some silly Hollywood storytelling that made everyone suddenly accept him just because of who his father was. Sorry but that's not how shit worked back then. As for any military experience it was nowhere near the level that would make him qualified to command a whole army and organise a complicated defence of a major city.

Fighting in battles is a little different to knowing how to prepare for siege warfare, we're given no indication on how he would know this and even if there was a throwaway line like "My father taught me just in case" that would be ridiculously dumb

youtube.com/watch?v=mTjUu1Bt29o

It's pretty negative but interesting