North Korea is shithol-

North Korea is shithol-

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UlP0lQP5YRM
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_to_Be_a_God
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoners_of_Power
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_Attempt
youtube.com/watch?v=lBAtNm71N10
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_DMZ_Conflict_(1966–1969)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_House_raid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Gangneung_submarine_infiltration_incident
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

-e

It is though

how does it feel knowing you probably have less than a week to live?

t. glorious leader using proxy

lol no

>yfw those buildings are all empty

>Americans are ironically brainwashed enough to believe this

This is what it SHOULD look like.

Why do you want to kill millions of innocent people? Because they have different ideology or views?
Well they don't force them on you and don't affect your life in any way.

Pyongyang grand hotel is so fucking cool

Americans are very savage.

I'll play the devil's advocate. What if North Korea truly is a utopia on this planet and the powers that be use extreme propaganda to keep us hating it, and seeing nothing but what "they" want us to see.
My mate from Perth, Oz did a tour there and he said it wasn't that bad, just very restrictive on photos and where you can go. Which begs the question, are we only allowed to see the mediocre lifestyle as a front to the utopia?

If that sounds rambled, whatever...I am drunk and tired.

Watch the Vice documentary.

This is probably the case. The country is effectively a Chinese resource colony anyway. I doubt it's as shit as their reputation would have you believe, but it's likely much worse than they claim.

I have that saved on my youtube channel...need to watch it now, I guess.

I read somewhere that NK is mineral rich and China is "breathing down their necks" for it.

Their particular ideology revolves around killing us, the South Koreans, or the Japs. Furthermore eventual reunification's going to be a massive bitch so a few less million starving Norks might help.
Watch a couple docs from people who've been in, and read some books by people who got out (I highly recommend pic related). People do live out close to ordinary lives but shit can and will go bad for people if you fuck up in the slightest or are related to someone who fucked up.

> Vice
kys
They aren't that bad as shown in the west/SK media but still huge shithole. And always were. Even in USSR we mad fun of their poverty and stalinist-asiatic retardation.

They're wrong, we're right. It would be immoral of us not to force our way of life on them.

>camera angled carefully to hide barren streets
>no furniture in most windows
>fog obscures slums in the distance
Kim/10

It's utopia only for pepole formed and profiled to live in it since early childhood.

Here, have a documentary made by Polish director in 1989 with full approval of their regime. I doubt are there English subtitles anywhere, but it's tasty even if you don't understand the lector. It's one hour long.

youtube.com/watch?v=UlP0lQP5YRM

>kys
It's a decade old, way before they hopped on the poz train.

They are wrong that they were unlucky to be born in a wrong place?
> reunification's
There won't be reunification. Nobody wants it. China needs buffer zone. South Korean economy and life would be ruined by reunification. This is not GDR/Germany case. It's much worse.
> read some books by people who got out
They usually have bias and would exaggerate things because it sells better.
> who've been in
And seen what was shown to them?

If you are really interested watch lectures by Andrei Lankov. There are on youtube and in English. He lived in NK for years and now talks to refugees from there all the time so he has the best insight.

Also isn't western liberalism about accepting different views and cultures. Why try to force your lifestyle on everyone's throat. On the other side of the globe.
They would have revolution or evolution eventually(if fact they already started China-like reforms just too late). Let them decide for themselves and progress in natural way.
They are not treat to you they are far away and weak. They have no influence like USSR had.
Actually this topic - should more advanced civilization interfere is a topic of some books by soviet author
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hard_to_Be_a_God
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prisoners_of_Power
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Escape_Attempt

>Won't be
I'm talking long term, something's going to happen to NK. The Kim dynasty has become more unpredictable as time has gone on and unless they figure out a way to unfuck their food problems then the widespread undernourishment is really going to start being a real problem. Might not be in the next 5 years or even this decade, but NK is going to fall.
>China needs buffer zone and South Korea doesn't want them
I'm not talking about them just dropping the border and getting together and singing Kumbaya, I'm talking a process that will probably take decades where former NK citizens are basically de-programmed from life without the Kims and the country can be properly integrated. Will probably tank the SK economy but they wouldn't have many options if NK went down.

>They usually have bias and would exaggerate things
I understand that some of them include some rather fabricated material, but the one I posted checked out rather well. Also as for bias, I would imagine so considering most of the people leaving don't have many nice things to say.
>And seen what was shown to them?
Better than not seeing anything at all. Plus you can get glimpses of what reality is like over there even though Pyongyang would prefer it otherwise.

I am going to watch some of those lectures though.

To add your interference in middle eat, Liberia, Libya, etc didn't lead to anything good. Things only got worse.

Saved. It's on my reading list now. Thanks
>It's utopia only for people formed and profiled to live in it since early childhood.
Of course. The same parallel can be said about Americans or any other country.
Interesting! It will give me an excuse to learn Polish hehe
The Vice of today is severely pozzed, but yeah old vice was pretty good.

>you'll never live in NK

As I said watch lectures by Lankov.
Kim started reforms they legalized private farming and it lead to huge success they don't starve anymore. Peasants are motivated to have good harvests.
This is kind of reforms China started decades ago.
They also have a lot of private business. Even class of rich people. Much more cars then used to be. Pizzerias and even burger places with high prices in Yuan are full of people in capital.
> unpredictable
They are quite logical and predictable.
> de-programmed
They all watch SK tv-series on dvd. They know about life there. Common people are rather apolitical they care about their well-being and material problems. Even immigrants from there don't care about politics they migrate for economical reasons.
A LOT of North Koreans seasonally work in China.

>Let them decide for themselves and progress in natural way
the problem is that they can't, dumbass, the only one who decides is kim jong and his elite caste of military men

>Why try to force your lifestyle down everyone's throat
People watch our shit and like it. Thus our culture spreads (for better or worse, not going to defend all of it). As for the Norks, we'd probably leave the post-Kim process to the South Korean gov't. Also I'm primarily more concerned with removing the Kims than whether or not they like our lifestyle.
>China-like reforms
Like you said, its too late for that. NK never truly recovered from the massive hit it took in the 90's and then subsequent natural disasters.
>Let them decide for themselves and progress in natural way
So far they've repeatedly demanded a violent take-over of South Korea, I doubt leaving them to their own devices will make them desire it any less.
>They are not a threat to you
Not yet. If they get to the point of making ICBMs, then they are. As it stands the point is moot because we never signed a peace treaty with the North, we only agreed to a ceasefire. We're still technically at war with them.
>should more advanced civilizations interfere
Probably not, but we've become entangled with the problem of Korea for over 65 years, that's probably not going to change anytime soon.

And yes they starved in 90's but not anymore. But on lesser scale that was reported in the west(I mean less deaths).
And many things in western media is just bullshit like they report "north koreans eat grass". Yes they do. And south koreans too. It's kind of grass traditionally eat something like dill or parsley or salad leaves. Eatable one.

What US propaganda have you seen or heard that suggests North Koreans are bad, and not just Kim? We've bent over backwards trying to stoke his ego to keep him from doing something rash. Previous US presidents gave his father hush money every time he rattled his saber. If they bomb another country, accident or not, that's it.

youtube.com/watch?v=lBAtNm71N10

So it was in USSR and many other places and eventually it ended.

No shit. This is why we elected the person who wouldn't get us into a war with you guys and more people are realizing that getting involved in Sandnigger-land was a mistake.
I'll go ahead and watch those lectures, however I wouldn't expect my country to change its position on North Korea anytime soon. As I said here
It's unfinished business.

>repeatedly demanded a violent take-over of South Korea
That's just silly talk. It would be suicide for them and they aren't suicidal. Nobody takes it seriously. They talked about that all the time.
> ICBMs
They would never get such high-tech. But even if they had they would never use it because again it would be suicide.

>learning Polish
IIRC (I watched only part of it and several years ago) It's mostly just camera shots without any commentary; lector only translates Korean language when necessary. It's good, cause it gives you impression like if you really were there, touring the state, and allows you to make conclusions on your own.

You pretty much dehumanized commies in your propaganda. And others like japs.
In USSR propaganda always showed common americans are nice hard-working people oppressed by evil capitalists and bankers. Quite opposite.

>They talked about that all the time
Then I guess all of this was silly-talk?
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Korean_DMZ_Conflict_(1966–1969)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_House_raid
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1996_Gangneung_submarine_infiltration_incident
Or that recent propaganda stunt where NK Special Forces were shown raiding a mock Blue House?
>It would be suicide
Still, if they somehow acquired that tech then given the history of animosity between my country and NK, we would have to regard them as a threat.

The thing is, does NK even realize that if they nuke a US city, Japan, Seoul or a carrier, it's over. I guarantee you that there are a few subs sitting off Japan with ICBMs praying for reason. It wouldn't even be fair, but then there's fucking China in the way.
>...showed common americans are nice hard-working people oppressed by evil capitalists and bankers.
(Not OP) That's true actually

that's not "deciding for themselves", it collapsed because Gorbachev allowed it to, if he(and the party) wanted he could put down any dissent and rule forever

Guess ours was a bit more effective in the long run. Still, yours was rather effective at egging on all the damned hippies and peaceniks that ran around.
Don't tell me you think Communism would actually work here.

Only the Batlics wanted out of the USSR dude, it was a betrayal by Yeltsin and Gorbachev, the people of the USSR wanted the USSR

>Don't tell me you think Communism would actually work here.
Oh fuck no!!! Our politics are already so far left that anything right of Mao himself is a Nazi here. I was referring to their propaganda depicting that the bankers run everything fucking over the working Man.

>75 year old propaganda
I'm not arguing that our country used propaganda like this before during and after WW2. What US propaganda have you seen against North Koreans in the past 20 years? Nobody even thinks about them. The past few presidents never really considered them a threat. Even now I think Trump is trying to force Kim's hand so he has an excuse to send special forces in there to get rid of him.

My bad then.

Nobody wanted gommunism anymore. Nobody took ideology seriously since 70's it was just a ritual. It was stupid marasm and everyone were tired of it.
Nobody wanted planned economy and shit because it didn't work.
But many people didn't want collapse and the way it happened. They wanted gradually reforms. Which perestroika was kinda about but it failed.

Why cant west leave other countries alone?

seriously why does ((they)) need to stuff their dicks on everything?

>Why cant west leave other countries alone?
We get lonely.
>seriously why does ((they)) need to stuff their dicks on everything?
You referring to the Jews or the West here?

So what kind of system do the Russians want/still want? A neo-feudal culture or a gradual return to the monarchy? Russia has always been a difficult nation to define.

Different Russians want different things.
Some want gommunism, some monarchy, some fascism, some - something else.
But those all are edgy ones. Most don't want any radical changes but instead gradual improvement of life and "stability".

>neo-feudal
do you even know what feudalism is?

fucking americans i swear

(Not op) Wasn't gommunism just a hyper inflated version? A oligarchic ruling class with peasants working for those rulers on collective farms? Sounds kind of similar to me?

Party elite lived significantly better than the rest(larger flats in commieblocks and better rations) but nowhere like oligarchs. And their kids couldn't inherit their priveleges unless they study and get into some good position(which was easier for them because nepotism but still they had to put effort and don't fuck up).

>dat poluted air

i think he was implying russians who are against communism want the monarchy back, which by default also means they want feudalism back

You realize youre talking to edgy teenagers