/box/ - Changing of the guard edition

>News
Povetkin kills a man wearing trainers
50 year old black man knocked out in New York by young white dude, can he possibly get away with it?
Joe Smith Jr confirmed Fighter of the Year?

Forthcoming:

>December 23
Beterbiev vs Prieto

>December 30
Inoue vs Kono

>December 31
Fuentes vs Tanaka
Uchiyama vs Corrales

>January 13
Lara vs Foreman

>January 14
DeGale vs Jack

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=4jVWcBWoN9Y
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVmjP4hgOs
youtube.com/watch?v=yyzX6WhJ-f4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

1st for JP will KO AJ

HE CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT

>literally the year of the white man

How can boxing ever recover?

>Povetkin kills a man wearing trainers
Wait, so, was Povetkin wearing the trainers? Or did he kill a man who was wearing trainers? I need to know.

>I'll never lose to a white boy

What did he mean by this? Was it satire?

Duhaupas was the man wearing trainers

>Golovkin vs. Jacobs official for March 18th

How BTFO are black people going to be after this?
>'fight Andre Ward doe!"

Top kek

Golovkin's first real test desu

>yfw whitey has the gall to hit back

HBO's commentary was pretty shocking too, the big story here is Smith winning and they didn't sound excited at all and barely mentioned him for a couple of minutes after the fight ended. Disgraceful really.

webm of KO for anyone who missed it

That's what happens when you have faggots like Kellerman and a punchdrunk RJJ on your payroll.

Fuckin cheating cracka using his forearm to push based BHop

LEL only just seen this

hahaha

kek, reminded me of when Ricky Gervais had a boxing match
youtube.com/watch?v=4jVWcBWoN9Y

"Jacobs was a bum and he wasn't even good! Why is he ducking Ward and Lara???"

>the absolute state of heavyweight boxing

I don't agree with you, brother. As soon as it happened RJJ was like: "He's out!" And if anyone would know, it's him.

>ALL THESE EXCUSES
LMAO dirty fucking faggot always being a whiny crying bitch
youtube.com/watch?v=NYVmjP4hgOs

This is so typically Hopkins.

If anything, it's a perfect send off.

to be fair he took the fight at 12 hours notice, the absolute madman

>Golovkin's first real test desu

if he was schooled by Pirog I don't wanna think what GGG's gonna do to him

youtube.com/watch?v=yyzX6WhJ-f4

Goldenboy is offering Chavez Jr 5 million for the fight against Canelo but Chavez Jr wants more. Chavez Jr ain't worth more than 5 million.

>beating up a 50+ year old man

nice, nice. I'll call my papa at the retirement home for your next match, bud. lol fucking scrub

Black boxers took some L's this year from white boxers

>50 year old black man knocked out in New York
It was in Los Angeles

>guy gets knocked out the ring shockingly
>clearly is hurt
>it's the last fight ever of his HOF career
>let's focus completely on the kid that knocked him out that's the big story right now guise

Chavez junior is a punk and disgrace, his record was built against Mexican goat herders. He's not worth 5 dollars

Wasn't just that, they were being pretty biased the whole way through.

Perfect way for that cancer to leave, like a crybaby

Crawford schooled Postol, Ward broke Kovalev's heart, Barrera battered Shabranskyy and soon Jacobs will knock GGG's head off and AJ will send Wlad into retirement

Rigondeaux will take care of Lomachenko if Arum ever allows that fight to happen. Usyk is lucky he's in a poverty division for Yurobums and Africans

Canelo is a punk and disgrace for trying to fight him

Chavez deserves $10m for permitting him to duck Golovkin for a little while longer

I'm just getting so sick of it all, Mexican fighters should never act this way

No fucking shit, it's Bernard Hopkins. Last fight of his career and you expect a construction worker to get equal attention?

No I expect them to call the fight as it is. Chill out mate.

And they did

The manlets are the real warriors

Estrada, Cuadras, Mares, Salido, Vargas, Roman, Argumedo, Rojas, Ganigan, Guevara and Nery are all worth supporting

>Jacobs will knock GGG's head off

I disagree. And even if you take into account the fact that Hopkins was the draw, it was still outrageously over the top. Hopkins has never lost by KO and this man did it, yet they barely give him a word.

HBO isn't as bad as Sky for this with British fighters admittedly but they can sill be pretty bad.

Is Joe Smith Jr the only notable Anglo-American boxer ever?

The rare white American fighters I see are always Italian, Irish or Slavic

He's improved on his power and counter-punching since then. If he lands shots like Brook did then Golovkin is going lights out

truth

Jacobs is better boxer has the power and speed to win against Golovkin

His nickname is literally "Irish"

>salido
>real warrior

he's a dirty cunt

Rigo ran from loma last year

Equally, there are no German-American boxers. I was shocked to learn a while ago that most white people in USA claim German heritage and English is only the second most claimed heritage among them. I don't know if it reflects the truth, but that's what demographic census studies from couple years back reported.

Roy just kept rambling on about his fights with Hopkins, it was annoying

Maybe because knocking him out isn't a very big feat anymore

If you say so.

"he needs to get in the ring with Wilder if he really wants to prove himself!!! "

Harry Greb is of German descent and p4p one of the greatest

Arguably has the best resume with wins over 13 prime hall of famers including ones above his weight class

HBO is much worse than SKY in everyway

He's Irish American not anglo senpai

Well, obviously I thought we talked about modern boxing. Looking into ancient eras we could make a case for Jewish boxers being really successful. Nowadays German and Anglo Americans aren't successful at all in boxing and while it might have to do with ethnicity a little it has to do a lot more with culture of pushing their kids into white collar jobs and away from sports.

all the white Americans ran away to MemeMA

Also due to wealth classes I think , poor kids are more likely to become boxers. joe smith, kelly pavlik and Tommy Morrison were all working class

What's her username?

>Is Joe Smith Jr the only notable Anglo-American boxer ever?

Tommy The Duke Morrison was American but had Scottish and Cherokee heritage (like most trashy people from the midwest).

I don't know if you are counting scots as anglos but that's the best I could do.

Isn't he an Uber driver on the side? Or was that just a joke?

The hot Mexican chick is Official.janira
White girl is Dessiemitcheson

Do any of you boxing bros have any nice wallpapers?

wasn't he a relation of John Wayne or was that promotional bullshit

he was kind of a joke in his day but we'd kill for a HW as entertaining as him now

joe smith pretty much guaranteed to be great

>smith ko's old legend (Bhop) out of the ring
>Marciano ko's old legend (Louis) out of the ring

History repeats itself

>HBO's commentary was pretty shocking too, the big story here is Smith winning and they didn't sound excited at all and barely mentioned him for a couple of minutes after the fight ended. Disgraceful really.

People are already saying Jacobs is Mathew Macklin level. Amazing how Jacobs went from being considered #2 in the division to a bum overnight.

Can't really say Duhapaus was "unprepared". He was fighting Takam in a few weeks, so he was pulled out of camp a bit early to fight a better paying fight.

This is pretty much right. When he barely started fighting i wanted him to do well. But then you saw him struggle against much smaller men and get gift decisions. He would always blame poor performances on feeling sick etc. the highlight of his career is almost knocking out sergio martinez and basically taking the last prime from martinez career.

My dubs say no

>le dead """"""""""""""""sport""""""""""""""""

They're constantly going to be bringing up his ko loss. Anything to discredit Golovkin. If he kod Ward they'd say Ward was a tired veteran and Golovkin waited too long to fight him

>Joe Smith Jr confirmed Fighter of the Year?

No.

1. Pacquiao
2. Whoever you chose as the Ward/Kovalev winner
3. Frampton
4. Crawford
5. Smith Jr

Frampton should be fighter of the year imo.

How didn't Hopkins split his head open when hitting the floor

The Santa Cruz win is arguably equal to Pac's win over Bradley but Vargas is a far better win than Quigg who is utter shit imo. The Kov/Ward winner has by far the best win of the year but not conclusively and less to back it up.

The Quigg fight was a stinker and it could be argued that Santa Cruz beat him. I'd give it to Lomachenko

Frampton unified a division, then moved up to win a world title at a different weight division. Both fighters were undefeated.

Pac had a good year, but IMO frampton surpassed him.

I would say Lomachenko could also be in the running. although I might be alone in that.

brutal knockout

>I would say Lomachenko could also be in the running. although I might be alone in that.

It should definitely be him. He beat one top fighter and one decent fighter in dominant fashion

Vargas is no better than Martinez - and Loma beat Martinez in better style - and the Bradley rubber match was totally pointless

Crawford's win over Postol was great but Lundy and Molina were poor opponents

People were calling Bradley top 10 p4p prior to the Pac loss. That's better than any loma win. It's easy to discount him because he's not as interesting anymore but I don't think you can desu.

>People were calling Bradley top 10 p4p prior to the Pac loss

Prior to the second fight, yeah

What was the point of the third fight when Pacquiao had already conclusively proven that he was the superior fighter? On top of that, Bradley had already looked diminished against Chaves and Vargas in the meantime

Walters was borderline P4P himself after the Donaire win and only slipped due to inactivity. And Loma schooled him into submission. Manner of victory counts

Bradley's """win""" over pac was a massive robbery and I'm not even a pac fan. He should never have been in the top ten p4p list

legit question. Does america have a great white hope? any prospects in the amateurs? its been so long since a white guy beat an established black boxer. Even though bhop is really old, it means something the whiteman

I don't see what the big deal with Povetkin is. The majority of top athletes use PEDs.

Yea joe "if he's black I attack" smith Jr.

Other than Caleb Plant and mentioned Joe Smith I don't think so. However you should say American white guy, don't throw us in Eastern Europe and Brits into one bag with them when we're constantly producing top notch boxers.

> it could be argued that Santa Cruz beat him
No

White bois gonna be ready to put him in P4P lists alongside Golovkin, Loma and Kovalev

How do you post these listed fights with a straight face. All garbage fights

>rumours say Jacobs is getting paid $3M for the GGG fight

Holy shit.

Was K2 ACTUALLY expecting Al Haymon to bid $12M and win the purse to give Jacobs his $3M (25% as per WBC)?

That's fucking crazy. If they don't sell 250k+ PPVs they'll be losing money. Kovalev-Ward lost money on Ward's purse alone.

yeah they're certainly not on the level of women's MMA

blacks don't crack

my guess is that he gets 0 ppv profits.and theyre going to be expensive ticket prices. ppv is supposed to be $54.99, so maybe theyre hoping people are willing to pay less than Kovalev/Ward. and I assume they'll put good money into promoting this.

does anyone feel like HBO could sign Smith so they can hype him up for a potential Ward fight?

Smith is riding on two major wins, if he continues, and Ward wont fight Sergey again, this could be the next best situation money wise, since there's no way Adonis Stevenson will fight on hbo

the guy is way to raw to be in the ring with the LHW big guns any time soon

if I were managing him I'd target Cleverly's belt, never rated him that highly

Yeah but that hasn't stopped Ward before has it?

What are the essential vitali fights? Never seen him fight.

Lennox Lewis, Corrie Sanders, Sam Peter (who was considered the favourite going in)

also the Kirk Johnson fight after Lewis for the bizarre sight of an American crowd going nuts for a Klitschko

Best part was rjj giving himself credit every chance he had for beating Hopkins in his prime. Has he always been this way when he calls a Hopkins fight?