Feel like watching an epic today. I've narrowed it down to 3 - Lawrence of Arabia, The Last Emperor, and Seven Samurai...

Feel like watching an epic today. I've narrowed it down to 3 - Lawrence of Arabia, The Last Emperor, and Seven Samurai. Which should I watch, bros?

Star Wars.

Dubs confirm.

Haha faggot.

Science fiction is for children.

Why you and not me? Fucking dubs.

Samurai 7

More like Undiverseven Samurai, amirite?

Just wait a couple of weeks and watch the definitive version of the story, bro

Based. Check these.

Can't you faggots stop memeing for 10 seconds? Watch Lawrence of Arabia, OP.

If youve seen all three, why not watch a different one?

Star Wars is not science fiction

I haven't seen any of them. That's why I made this thread. Which one do you recommend?

oh, probably Lawrence of Arabia but you cant go wrong with any.

Seven Samurai.

Zulu Dawn

lawrence of fucking arabia

i kind of envy people who haven't watched it. just make sure to watch it on the largest tv screen in your house. don't watch it on a computer monitor.

Stop with the IMDB-core garbage and watch Marketa Lazarova.

Dubs confirm.

What if im about to watch it on a small dvd player on a car ride should I skip it and wait till i get to watch it on a bigger screen

>small dvd player on a car ride
>lawrence of arabia

this post gave me cancer

Nigga im asking for advice but thank you. I'll wait till I get back home

Literally the only reason to watch Lawrence of Arabia is for the cinematography. Everything else about the movie is fucking terrible. Bad acting, boring, long drawn out scenes, plastic swords, etc. Has some nice desert shots though. Go with Seven Samurai, it actually has a story.

Yikes. Watch The Last Emperor then, iirc it has less big open scenes than the other two.

seven samurai is 10x more boring than lawrence of arabia

ran is better than seven samurai

Alright ya got me. Tho im not op

Don't worry about that, I'm not a pleb. I'm watching the blu-ray on a 55" 1080p television. Guess I'll go with Lawrence of Arabia. Thanks, user.

>Seven Samurai is boring

Seven Samurai has a simple and relatable story.Lawrence of Arabia is 4 hours of a white guy wandering through Arabian deserts saving the Arabs from Turks. Literally Who Gives a Shit: The Movie

Okay thank god somebody else said this.
I just watched Lawrence of Arabia for the first time last month, and I thought it was gorgeous. Every travel scene I kept thinking the movie was going to get good because of how awe inspiring the visuals were.
But no, the dialogue lacks any flair, the pacing is abysmal, the action aged poorly, and all in all this guys life was not as interesting as they seem to imply... This Lawrence guy was not that fucking cool. Read up on him after the film. No idea how some one would be inspired to make that film in the first place.

Go watch the masterpiece that is Seven Samurai.

Lawrence of Arabia is criminally overrated

seven samurai is about a bunch of weird asians being weird asians. the acting is unbelievably awful and cheesy as hell too

it's worth watching once but i would never bother watching it again. ran is superior.

>the acting is unbelievably awful

yea you definitely haven't watched ran. anyone who has watched ran and seven samurai will most likely enjoy ran more, because it's a better movie

seven samurai is babbys first old samurai movie

Ran was made over 20 years later. Of course it's superior.

seven samurai?

more like boring samurai

rashomon was made 4 years before seven samurai and it's also a better movie

so time has nothing to do with it, seven samurai is just boring and only worth watching for it's historical value and influence

Jesus Christ, Ran isn't even top 5 Kurosawa.

kek, ran is by far his best movie

Yojimbo and Ran are easily better than seven.

No. That would be Hidden Fortress.

1. Seven Samurai
2. High & Low
3. The Hidden Fortress
4. Ikiru
5. Yojimbo
6. Red Beard
7. Rashomon
8. Ran

pretty much the worst taste i have ever seen on Sup Forums

>seven samurai is just boring and only worth watching for it's historical value
You are the pleb. There's no getting around it.

Lawrence
It has some scenes you would find interesting, OP

sorry but it's true, you can keep jerking off to a boring movie though i really dont care

Se7en 7amurai is great technically for it's time and has it's place in history, but it's not really a great movie and has aged horribly.

Name one movie from the 60's that hasn't aged. It was 50 years ago.

12 angry men

yojimbo and ikiru are completely fine and have aged very well. ikiru is still fucking relevant

ikr literally nothing happens zzz gay af

>aged horribly
Calling card of the pleb. Stop trying to pretend your worthless opinion comes from having taste.

i think i should stick to zack snyder films

Your "taste" comes from everyone else praising the movie because you're too retarded to form your own opinion. Go back to imdb and tell me some other movies you love, you have to click on top 250 first though.

Your bluff isn't working. Ran is the most popular modern Kurosawa movie, hence plebs like you who don't watch old movies or jidaigeki at all are drawn to it.

Seven Samurai is easily his most well known work so your argument makes no sense at all.

>makes no sense
I explained why in the post you fucking idiot.
Do you even watch movies made before 1975, or have they all aged too poorly?

Do you always get so hostile when not everyone likes your weeb garbage? There's plenty of great movies made before the 70's that can stand on their own and not for just being groundbreaking or innovative.

you are straight up delusional if you think ran is more popular than seven samurai....

>weeb garbage
How embarrassing.
I don't care if you don't like it, just don't be a smug prick about it and pretend you have any taste at all, because you don't.

Getting upset easily is a primary symptom of autism.

Not understanding tone is a telltale sign of autism.