I unironically think that Man of Steel is the best capeshit movie ever made

I unironically think that Man of Steel is the best capeshit movie ever made

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SqBzNT_llL8
youtube.com/watch?v=N1A8xZVei-g
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

agree. the dark knight is 2nd best

I did not like it at all. It was the only movie I have wanted to walk out of in quite a while. Not sure why either, its not even as bad as some of the other stuff I have seen, just something about it made me hate it.

Me too. Too bad first half hour was total clusterfuck.

Agreed famalamadingdongpingpongschlong

Much better than it's taking flak for but ultimately forgettable.

BUT HE KILLED SOMEONE WHO WAS ACTIVELY KILLING THOUSANDS OF INNOCENTS, THAT'S NOT MY SUPES, REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

In that case, you are unironically a retard.

Agreed. Its straight up kino and the best Superman movie ever.

Me too

I actually thought that was a great moment for Superman. Henry Cavill played it brilliantly and you could see the pain and conflict in his expression as he did.

Watchmen was better.

great thread, I'm so fucking happy we can finally talk about this, this is the first man of steel thread I've ever fucking seen here...

>muh superman doesn't save anyone
>that scene between Clark and his dad after he saves that bus full of kids was terrible because...
>pa kent didn't die of a heart attack? Not muh superman

I'm still not sure if everyone is trolling about this film, or if they actually have autism about comic books.

This scene has been etched in my memory.

>I unironically think that Man of Steel is the best capeshit movie ever made

If you have 6 years old...

great post, I'm so fucking happy we can finally be sarcastic, this is the sarcastic post I've ever fucking seen here...

You're a fucking idiot. In the end fight against Zod, Metropolis is completely destroyed, knocking over 50 skyscrapers in their fight in the process, killing thousands. Superman and Zod are locked in a death grip, Zod about to use his heat vision to kill 4 innocent people. Superman in an attempt to save them...breaks Zod's neck. Thousands of people are already dead and you're worried about 4 people? Superman would never cause such violent destruction, he would always put out fires, do everything to keep buildings from falling, vowing never to let go, lest he gets someone hurt, he even said this in the final episode of the Justice League series in his fight against Darkseid.

Zack Snyder, just stop

Probably but Supes is more iconic for most people so they care more about MoS than Watchmen

stupid fuckin frenchie

I thought the first half hour was the best

>forgettable

That's one thing mos is not. Hell the music itself is the best in capeshit

;_;

>pa kent didn't die of a heart attack? Not muh superman
That's a legitimate complain. Like that he asks not to be saved is understandable but why the fucker doesn't he even try to get away?

And I respect your opinion.

damn

marvel would never make a scene like this showing a us veteran BTFO

>why doesn't he try to outrun a tornado

That Death of Superman comic cover with the bloody S legitimately made me cry when I first saw it as a kid, so this scene really got to me, especially when the camera shows that one guys face.

Yeah, it's not like he hadn't any time

With a fucked up leg...

found it to be pretty boring tbqh

Hi, numale

that was just gratuitous

I appreciate good gore in film like in Watchmen or District 9 but to see it in a Superman movie was just jarring

A few months ago I thought to myself "self, why havent you seen Man of Steel yet? BvS is out soon and I need to be prepared."
So I got a copy, started watching and realized things were familiar. I jumped around in the movie and realized I must've completely blocked all memory of the movie from my mind because of how shit it was.

yawn

>I thought the movie was shit
Just say that next time, blogger.

A statement that simple did not require that many words.

Suicide Squad is heaps better than MoS and BvS

It brings back the fun and enjoyment that was missing

Saying "it was shit" implies I remember why it was shit.
Saying "it was so shit my mind blocked it out" shows how shit it was and states that I couldnt explain why it was shit because I dont remember anything from it.

Download and watch Man of Tomorrow. It's a fan edit of MoS and BvS and is much better than both.

>metropolis is completely destroyed
youtube.com/watch?v=SqBzNT_llL8

DUDE WEED

Are you trying to get me asleep motherfucker?

I really hated it.
>bland looking, desaturated colors, ugly blue filter
>cgi shit-fest
>krypton world design was terrible
>fight sequences are drawn out and exhausting, and what's worse is they have no impact or consequence to the film, they're only that long to appeal to the Sup Forums crowd, and Sup Forumscksuckers
>wasted actor potential, everyone seemed to lack direction, or just didn't really care
>obnoxious camerawork: shitty shaky camera, snap pans and zooms, over-used going out of focus effect

I'm not even a Superman guy, or a comic book guy, though I have seen all of the old films as well as the 2006 released Superman Returns, and this is by far the worst Superman movie yet. It's almost as if the guy who made Sucker Punch tried to make a Superman flick, oh wait...

I've read post four times and can still barely understand what the fuck it is your trying to say. I know you're saying you dislike the movie but you're just trying so hard to sound intelligent about it it comes off and gibberish.

Same.

t. redditor

Read the original David Ayer version of SS. It is a truly better and more engaging story than MoS.

>krypton world design was terrible
You fucking serious?

The first Act of Man of Steel is an 8/10

Will this get released?

Me too, OP. I didn't at first, but as time has rolled on, I've just come to love it more and more. I even used to think Superman's theme was kind of a let-down compared to Williams's anthem from the Donner films, but as I came to better understand the film, even the music took on more resonance.

>getting rid of Boomerang's racism and sexism

Literally the best parts of Ostrander's Suicide Squad.

>will [a completely different movie] get released
take a guess.

I enjoyed it a lot OP. Specially the fights and the incredible soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=N1A8xZVei-g

If you don't mind my asking, how old are you? Don't interpret that as an attack. I'm looking for honest, polite discussion.

jared leto says it will if he dies soon

It's a solid 4/10

I think Snyder's aware of the memes. It's horrifying what Nam-Ek does, but it could also be a nod in a certain website's direction.

That really got me, too. I mean, it really, really struck deep chords with me. Seeing all the empty businesses is where it started sinking in - all the people gathered to honor him.

no. all the joker scenes differ and contradict the Harley relationship.

Although I see no reason why they cannot release an extended cut by including the full length scenes of each scene (because it is obvious so much dialogue was cut like Harley talking to Joker in Akham).

>implying WB won't lock it up in the safest vault somewhere
After all Nolan apparently "destroyed" the behind the scenes footage of Ledger I hear. None of Ledger behind the scenes of TDK has ever surfaced

Hopefully these scenes end up in the extended edition either as part of the movie or as deleted scenes so someone can do a sick fan edit and make it how it should have been.

Probably not with everything. We might get some of them in an extended edition or as special features but we won't get them all in the release.

I seriously hope he dies. And I couldn't care less about this footage.

Clarks/supermans death was done tremendously better in the extended version.

holy shit i never noticed all that blood

I hope so. The only part that can't really get worked in without breaking continuity are the *alleged* events during the Joker's copter crash and his return at the end.

On my list of the 91 theatrically released capeshit films I've seen, I have Man of Steel at number 88, and that's the honest truth.

me neither but now it got me thinking. How the fuck does the pilot disintegrate?

post top listing fag

What's the bottom three? Steel? Catwoman? I must know.

1. 1978 Superman
2. 2012 Dredd
3. 2004 The Incredibles
4. 1989 Batman
5. 2008 Iron Man
6. 2005 Batman Begins
7. 2002 Spider-Man
8. 1993 Batman: Mask of the Phantasm
9. 1994 The Shadow
10. 2003 X2

88. 2013 Man of Steel
89. 1997 Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie
90. 2005 The Adventures of Sharkboy and Lavagirl in 3-D
91. 2005 Son of the Mask

>Henry Cavill played it brilliantly

yeah, no

Honestly, Man of Steel was/is dope as hell. I don't even like Superman like that and I thought they did great job with him in this. No other Superman captured his power like MOS did.

Plus, we got Faora.

Superman is just a fucking boring character.

>no dark knight
>bat begins above the rest of nolan's

I don't understand why the shadow is up there otherwise it actually looks fine. Also Power rangers has jackshit to do here.

>don't understand why the shadow is up there
Personal childhood favourite.
It's not an objective list, by any means. Just in the order of how much I enjoyed them.

K I N O

what number is suicide squad?

You unironically have shit taste in movies.

TELL THAT TO ZOD'S SNAPPED NECK

he obviously hasnt seen it. Else it would be the new 91, pushing back the mask 2

64. 2016 Suicide Squad

the pilot got desintegrated, but how?

Alright fuck you. You just discredited yourself.

Too high or too low?

Too high. Like you were during the screening.

There's a very subliminal theme embedded within this film. It's about growing up, coming of age, accepting responsibility - the "weight of the world," as it were, all things very appropriate for an origin story.

If you're at all interested, take a look at this and see if any of it fits with your current mindset. As a psychologist, I was surprised to find such an insightful analysis of these scenes posted here of all places. It meanders around a bit and wrestles with some concepts the original author struggles to find the proper terms to express, but overall, it's very accurate and stands up to scrutiny.

I've found that there are many people within your age range that pick up this theme unconsciously and they balk at the implications of what personal agency for the main character implies about themselves and their own responsibilities.

Frankly, I'm surprised that the author didn't include Clark's initial childhood flashback, where he's still seeing his parents(specifically his mother) as idealized, perfectly nurturing beings. It's the one glaring omission from the analysis.

Nam-Ek reached down and ripped his head off. That's his helmet in the center of the spray,

Eh. 31-73 is all your mediocre shit. Not offensive but not decent, either.
Just another average day at the movies.

Nice catch. Also saved.

SS is offensively bad though. You were definitely on drugs when you watched it.

Have you not seen Spawn or something? There's no way that can't be bottom 3.

79. 1997 Spawn

It's a movie, about exhibition, and having a story point that isn't even believable undermines the whole of entertainment: suspension of disbelief.

How the fuck did Spawn beat MoS?

Pass the dutchie man

This movie showed potential and could have been the door opener into the DC universe (The way Ironman was to Marvel in 08), but now it seems DC is throwing everything onto the grill for a quick money grab rather than planning it out, its desperation.

Nolan kept Snyder in check with this film since he was a producer. Its the only rewatchable film since. That's why the story was kept straight and wasn't all over the place like SS or BvS was. No Nolan oversight for those.

You what? Nolan is no better than snyder.

Fuck you, Nolan changed the world with his view on the Superhero Genre. He started it all. Disney would be shit if Nolan didn't change the game.

MOS was miles better than SS or BVS simply because they told a story correctly and kept it straight.