Reminder that the Dominion did nothing wrong. If the Federation had stayed on their side of the wormhole...

Reminder that the Dominion did nothing wrong. If the Federation had stayed on their side of the wormhole, trillions of lives would have been saved

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0hZqOdsRoKU
youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

The Dominion committed genocide on whims. They for certain sure did things wrong. I want to go swimming in the Founders, though. Can you imagine how great that would feel? The Dominion ended races when they opposed their goals, and that is wrong.

I seem to recall even Dax saying their threats to keep out and stay on their side of the wormhole wouldn't stop the Federation from exploring the Gamma quadrant.

Was exploring space the other side of the galaxy worth an interstellar war that cost billions of lives?

This

Lol. I mean really, lol. "Stay out of my territory"? That's laughable. Billions of lives are worth access to an entire quadrant, that's simple shit.

I'm not sure she meant the Federation specifically, other groups like the Ferengi sure weren't going to miss a chance, so the end result would be the same. To the Dominion all solids are in one big camp regardless of polity, so if any solids are snooping around, everyone gets blamed. The Federation has no problem respecting neutral zones with the other major powers of the alpha/beta quadrant. Also Dominion space didn't go right up to the wormhole. It took several years of exploring before they even ran into them.

The Dominion is expansionist by nature. They're the ultimate expression of "get them before they get us". Sooner or later they were coming through the wormhole, whether or not people were messing around on their side.

The founders where the shapchangers right?
I can imagine that swim being rather painfull

>that episode where the wormhole aliens deus ex an entire fleet of Jem Hadar
Where the fuck did they go?

Into the heart of Romulus's star, which caused it to destabilize, which lead to Star Trek 2009 happening.

The dominion would have sought to establish militarized dominance of the wormhole regardless of who or what was on the other side or who or what came through.

The real problem with DS9 is, through muh-key, the writers tried to paint the federation as just as bad as dominion.

>The Dominion ended races when they opposed their goals, and that is wrong

Explain how there is anything wrong with this.

>Romulus's
What the fuck are you doing

Probably because their goal was the complete and total subjugation of all forms of sentient life.

>tried to paint the federation as just as bad as dominion
Are you retarded?

>i don't wanna be enslaved by goo people
>fine, then you all die REEEE

Reasonable folks

>We're told the Dominion only makes decision when the Great Link reaches a consensus
>The Dominion has murdered billions upon billions of innocents
>Killing off the Great Link is somehow a bad thing

Section 31 literally did nothing wrong.

They just shifted them in time, they actually came through later.

>that episode where the Tal Shiar and the Obsidian Order try to BTFO the changelings

If they had gotten Sloan on board they would have ended the war before it started. And all the squabbles in the Alpha Quadrant would have become null and void with an entire other quadrant to conquer.

>Section 31

never heard of it

Or this time:

youtube.com/watch?v=0hZqOdsRoKU

>ywn see writing this good in any sci-fi show ever again

Wtf I hate worf now

Daily reminder that the Dominion War happened because Fed-cucks willed it by their inaction, they we're willing to sacrifice millions of lives just for the sake of their own illbegotten morality.

I really wish /st/ threads weren't this retarded

holy shit Worf won a fight!

>that
>good writing

garak's only good when hes poking holes in idealism with pragmatism. And even then, only because his pragmatic view is fundamentally flawed.

It's DS9 lad, the well written Star Trek(character-wise).

This

Federation is what an SJW views the future as

>Garak's only good when
>only
>fucking only

Kys faggot, Garak is always good

>it's a trumpfag/sjw brings his politics into a show he hasn't even watched just to bitch and moan like a faggot

Sounds like a whole lot of projection

Why do I even come back here?

Perhaps you're wondering why someone would accuse a man of being a trumpfag, without any evidence

Sloane probably suspected they were infiltrated and let it play out to see how the Dominion would react

>being this dumb
Sup Forums is leaking

>talks about SJWs out of fucking nowhere
>is not a trumpfag

Also, that pic of yours is both scary and why you need tighter regulation and anti-trust laws.

>implying Sup Forums is not a close ally of Sup Forums

Leaking brain fluids right?

According to STO, they came out many years later. Granted STO isn't hard canon, but as I understand it, it is canon until contradicted by the show/movies, and since they keep just doing prequels, that's not likely to happen any time soon.

So what happens when they come out?

Not an argument

I don't actually remember, but I'm pretty sure they take DS9, you fight them for a bit, and then eventually somehow convince them that that the war ended a while back, and the dominion surrendered.

And then they all die because they run out of Ketracel White. Poor fuckers.

Yet another case of literally did nothing wrong.

Well, they did a shitload of things wrong, but it's a case of nature and nurture. They'd probably make a fine police force or military in the hands of someone who doesn't into Nanking when you don't bow down.

Everything they did that was "wrong" was entirely out of their hands. I could almost see using the same argument as "the nazis were just following orders" but that doesn't work since the Jem'hadar since they were programmed on a genetic level by those enslaving them to follow orders or die a horrible death.

My point exactly. Shit, the Founders conditioned them genetically to be obedient. Can you imagine one of he powers of the Alpha Quadrant taking them in as a military force though?

So what happens after the Dominion War?
>Klingons lead by based Martok and Worf eventually join the Federation
>the Cardassians being in dire need of help join too
>soon enough the calculating Romulans throw in because they realize it's the only option remaning for them save from being 100% isolated

The Dominion War turned the Federation/Klingon alliance into the only superpower in the Quadrant.

I could see the Romulans attempting to do that, only for it to backfire, and then the Federation would have to clean up their mess yet again.

I don't think the Romulans would but the Cardies would try it even on the remote chance it might work.

I was thinking of including them when I first typed that up, but I feel like there is too much bad blood there for them to try it, even as slaves.

I'm curious, is STO even worth getting in to at this point? Some of the stuff looks interesting.

The single player missions focused on ship combat can be decent.

The Dominion are still around. They may be 70,000 Light years away, but they're around. And they're bigger than any Alpha Quadrant force. One day they'll reach the Alpha Quadrant. And then the Solids will finish off what they started.

I haven't played in a year or so, and when I last tried to the game had changed so much that I couldn't get back into it. That said, I got a bunch of hours out of it, enjoyed most of it. I more or less treated it like a completely free single player game. Even the currency that you spend real money on can be earned for free, albeit slowly.

I guess I should add that my answer to your question was a yes.

No it's not, there wouldn't be any of the disgusting, unbecoming, institutionalized racism against innocent Ferengi businessmen trying to eke a living and turn a profit.

spaceKino

Well desu there's no competitive element that old players would get advantage over. With the introduction of new tiers of ships any rare things of the past became a novelty only.

You still might look into shedding out 20€ or so for a good end game ship, that makes grinding out the gear a bit easier but its not absolutely necessary as you can make money and just buy something half-way decent of the market. And then there's 3-4 free ships you get per year for doing event shit that are at least decent level.

it's f2p garbage

>Daily reminder Starfleet deliberately sent Janeway to the Delta Quadrant so she couldn't harm the upcoming war effort.

Come again?

Nah, I just got off a bit ago.

This image would be better if it had some hint of being am Uruguayan plane carrying rugby players.

way better starship scene than the one cbs is shitting out in january.

u wot

>being this new

Then again maybe you we're just trolling for (You)'s.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZGoWtY_h4xo

;^)

Everything I do, I do it for (you)

I wanted to get a jump on harvest season, this year's (you) crop is coming in pretty nicely.

Well you've earned this one, cause stone cold said so!

>not a star trek guy
>Brother really wants to show me ds9
>Legit fall in love with it despite goofy star trek shit
>That episode with the jektar or whatever they are called, the dominions drugged up slave soldiers
>It actually shows things from their perspective
>That episode where the prophets just blink 2500 dominion ships out of existence because they want to play with sisko

The federation are literally the fucking bad guys.

Reminder that both sides were being played in the service of interstellar finance