Why does society hate men having long hair?

Why does society hate men having long hair?

Why do they insist that men have short hair and women have long hair?

Because thats the way it has been for centuries and because nature naturally assigns women long hair and men short hair. Faggot

Who gives a fuck. The only reason anybody would ask this is if they're a guy who is scared to grow long hair. Harden up.

"nature naturally assigns" kek. Besides your elegant terminology, women are born with long hair and men short?

I want to grow long hair, I'm in college at the moment doing game design and coding but once I have to get a job I'll probably be forced to cut it. (hoping to get a job in the game industry so I can make games and because they seem to be more lenient in regards to hair length)

Just social norms of the present day. We've been steadily moving toward the trend of people ultimately giving fuck all about appearance. I've seen a person with a facial tattoo working in a bank. No one insists you have short hair, you're just young, and insecure.

Do what makes you feel best.

You're a complete idiot. It hasn't been that way for "centuries". It changes from generation to generation. Millenia ago having short hair was a sign of weakness and invirility.

Blokes with long hair act like girls, it's annoying

/thread

idk op, why do you post this shit every day?

>game design
>hoping to get a job in the game industry

Lmao you have bigger things to worry about than having long hair

What do you mean?

well you see, genders arent really a thing. they are contextual titles used in specifying sides in subjects of human behaviors. Its just a role of separation. People are people, we all have two legs, two arms, two nipples. Now you see nipples are "useless" on males because for women nipples are used to feed infants as they are the excretion points to discharge milk. Since both types of humans grow hair that doesnt stop growing they divided genders by hair sets. Women have longer hair because women aren't suppose to work and are suppose to be home servants and to care for infants and children. men have been selected for a working class to keep the world running there for to avoid injury they made it uniformed for men to have short hair and made it only appropriate to have long facial hair. Everything is just slavery and brain washing. nothing separates man from woman apart other than government and societies. But now its totally acceptable for males to have long hair because of the lgbt and other gender shit movements. so go ahead grow your hair long, punch anyone in the face who calls you out for it. this is now a land of equality.

bump

>game design
lmao

They don't, man buns is master r8ce

A lot of jobs would turn men down just for having long hair.

long hair is awesome. stop being faggots.

Got some sources for that claim?

Because this ain't the 60s faggot.

Other guys can have long hair if they want, but having long hair is too much work to maintain and feels uncomfortable for me

I used to have long hair, however I decided to cut it eventually. I miss it quite a lot, but short hair feels better. Also, the newschool hipster faggots rocking long hair are making me sick.

No. The only reason you would be denied a job because of your hair would be if it looks unkempt and trashy. You can have long hair if you want to, but please, for the love of god, comb it or style it or do something with it that doesn't make it look like a pile of shredded paper that has been soaked in stale bong water for weeks.

Basically, don't look like a fucking bum. Shower and clean yourself and look presentable. You can do that with long hair. It doesn't matter.

why cut it you look metal as fuck bro. im growing mine back fuck it

Society doesn't mind men with long hair. The problem is that many guys don't look good with it. You have to have the right facial structure to pull it off. But yknow what? Who gives a fuck what people think? A majority of society also has a problem with eating ass, it doesn't fucking mean that I'm gonna stop rimming my wife because people have a problem with it. Do what you want, if someone has a problem with it, then fuck them. Why do you care? Grow that shit out or shave it bald, it's your hair.

Society doesn't like a lot of things. So what? Growing up is when you realize that other people's perception of you means dog shit once you grow a pair of balls and stop giving a fuck.

You should study computer science. Avoid any degree specifically geared towards game design in school. It's incredibly hard to get a game design job. In addition to that, the hours suck and pay isn't as great as other software development stuff.

At least that's what I've heard.

computer science, along with software engineering require a shit ton of math. If you hate math, you're not going to enjoy either. Just a heads up.

calm down you faggot.

it's a left over vestige of formality from the old fuckers who still run shit. in the 70s it was all long hair, lov,e sex and drugs and some associate things like long hair to a rebellious lifestyle or care-free work ethic. that's my take on it

>software development requires math

Not sure if using Fortran or never written software

I CAN'T STAY CALM, YOU FUCKING NORMIE REEEEEEEEEEEEE

Because women with short hair are ugly and men with long hair are too.

I use Fortran, yeah. It's the only system i'm familiar with.

That's just.... like, yknow... your opinion, man.

>game design and coding
its always these faggots

Im a guy with long hair, it's never caused any problems ever. My hair is super healthy and girl tell me they're jealous of it quite often. Why do you think society hates long hair. Is it because you tried to grow long hair but you have shit genetics?

Game design... lol

Fucking JP from Grandma's Boy!

not OP but can relate. was born with blonde straight hair. now that shit's brown and curly if i grow it out. fml buzzcut 5ever

My grandfather is 74 and still has a full head of black hair, my dad and all my uncles do too.

Same goes for mom's side.

I have perfect genes.

Oh, but it does. Then again, maybe you are just an entry-level coder.

Zeeeeeep, zoop bee boop bee boop. Sit on my faaaaaaace beeeeeeeeeeee

I figured that was common knowledge. Is it not?

I just got a math degree and I've taken tons of computer science courses too. Guess I'm slightly out of touch these days.

this

Obviously you've never played hockey.

Most dudes with long hair I come across are skinny as fuck with a narrow face, can't grow proper facial hair but still trying hard which makes them look ridiculous. Also, they have that typical computer nerd vibe to them. They should cut their hair, shave and just stop trying to look more badass.

Surprisingly, a lot of people I've come across while I was majoring were surprised at all of the math they had to do. So many kids came in thinking it would be easy, and then they change majors halfway through because they can't take it. Heck, even I myself was a bit surprised with it all. But I got through.

Computer Science is applied math with no direct relationship to reality need. People don't understand this.

Fags. Every one of you.

Who is "they?" Your grandparents? I don't think it's generally a thing anymore, I've had long hair for a large chunk of my life without social issue.

you either rock REALLY long hair or keep it nice and short. but don't come up with a haircut like the dude on that pic. shit looks gay af.
also, make sure you are a fucking musician, because otherwise you will just be laughed at

I've gotten more female attention when I had long hair than I did when I had short hair. If some faggot has an issue with my hair and thinks i'm feminine for it, then that's their personal problem.

Completely unruffled. You will need to try something better than projecting your own defects.
Or you can actually learn what CompSci is about.

Society.

At my university calculus all the way through some fancy multivariable was a prerequisite and I think two upper level math courses were as well (differential equations and a matrix algebra). It was pretty obvious that math was going to be a big part of it here.

I don't think most people care now. Although it would also depend on location, probably. I can imagine it would suck in, like, West Virginia, but then I can imagine most things would.

I have long hair. I do it for little princess foundation. Every three years I cut it and it goes towards wigs for children with cancer. (From too much time on b). Pic is about three years growth.

Society thinks faggots who wear in dresses are "transgender."

They are the epitome of knowledge apparently.

Of course. But people don't see that side of it. They just think "WOW COMPUTERS SOUND FUN" without realizing how difficult and time consuming it can be. I knew that it required math, I just didn't think it would be so much.

3 fucking years? shit, I wish my hair would grow that fast. It would take me twice the time

Why did those posts russel your jimmies, buddy?

If I had to guess it was because you disagree with the first person, you dislike the use of the word heck in the second post (I agree with that though, one ought to buckle up and just say hell), and lastly, you think he's pretentious for talking about things that you don't understand.

How's that? Was I spot on?

I guess I knew what I was getting into. My dad use to be a programmer and my older brother was studying computer engineering. Plus, my fall back degree was going to be applied math anyways. I'm glad I went pure math though, it was pretty fun and still compliments the computer science courses.

You don't need that much math. But you must have very good logical thinking.

They are right sadly, I'm a dev too and would like to work programming computer games, but everybody wants that.
Get a job in the industry, you will get good money and it's a great job even without games.

I think its because of people like me who's hair is so thick that when we try to grow it out it turns into an afro

Also because in history warriors tended to cut their hair short for the same reason viking helmets didnt have horns, so the enemy doesnt have something easy to grab onto

To some degree. My hair is really thick and it doesn't grow into an afro when it's long. The longer the hair, the more heavy it is, and the heavier it is, the more it flows downwards. In my experience, my hair only grows into an afro when it's short. Everyone agrees with me when I tell them that my hair looks so much better on me when it's long than when it's short.

You can't change your genetics or the way you look. But you can work with what you got.

>long hair
>game design

Enjoy eternal virginity

It doesn't

seriously just kys

I used to love when the so called "good Christians" would look down their nose cause i have long hair and long beard.

judge me on long hair, long beard on a custom chopper
>who else had long hair and beard?

How much math you need really depends on what you're doing. A lot of stuff needs various high level math. 3d graphics involve vectors to figure what color each pixel should be. Simulating how a raindrop looks involves parametric equations and some other advanced multivariable calculus stuff. Image processing requires a lot of set theory and topology. Machine learning needs lots of stats (varies widely here actually, depends on what type of machine learning but they all need high level math). You can get by without doing much math in a lot of other areas though. But you need really strong reasoning skills at least because everything is abstract.

because you let the status quo fuck you in the ass you brain dead comformist fuck
>pic related
that's how you don't give a fuck

manbuns are for faggots

>t. user with long hair

I feel like this would only matter if you were fighting without weapons, if youre close enough that the enemy can grab you, you or your enemy is as good as dead

they don't