Ask a dollar tree manager anything

Ask a dollar tree manager anything.

It's an interesting place to work. Often it can be a completely different experience depending upon what kind of town you're in.

I am in a very diverse area that's heavy on foreigners and welfare recipients, but it is also a central location to get the McMansion milf crowd that gets off on deals.

Ever fucked a McMilf?

Do you poke holes in chips so they get stale

Where do you work?

Nope, but maybe as I build confidence and make a little more money, that could happen. Some definitely give vibes.

No.....interestingly, most of our stores have a contract with a particular chips vendor like Herr's or Utz, which gets to stock their reserved section, but we offer Wise and generic brands too.

Somewhere in the "Northeast corridor"

Chipfag here do you get the stock of $1 microwave pork rinds?

I used to work in a dollar tree. It's actually a really shitty job, unsurprisingly.

I never noticed any pork rind bags with the word microwave on them. Are there? Or is that just something people do?

I will not dispute that. But I do have a very good manger or two. But yes, the pay for stockers and cashiers is so low that you are often literally getting mentally ill people and welfare recipients.

I try to look for OCD geek types to stock, because even if they're not too physical, they have the OCD forcing them to keep things organized.

I shop at Dollar tree dollar tree sometimes and I'm always amazed at how shitty the public treats their employees. You don't have a Right to be cocky; youre shopping at a fucking dollar store.

what's the best deal in the store?

>Herr's or Utz
Eastern fag detected

>McMansion milf crowd that gets off on deals
was with a milf for a while, can confirm as true

How much do you make an hour?

People everywhere have shitty attitudes about lines at checkouts. That's usually where some customers can't help but crack.

Every once in a while, I have to say, "if you really want things to cost a dollar, you can't expect things to go smoothly.

is pineapple an acceptable pizza topping?

Dollar tree. The only dollar store that isn't a dollar store. So, you blow up any cars with that cheap oil you sell?

Assistant Managers can get $10-18, as far as I've seen. The company was lowballing people to 9 during the peak of recession, but that backfired....they stopped getting enough decent applicants.

Dollar General only offers ~2,000 items out of 8-9,000 item average inventories for a dollar.

So it's also not a dollar store.

How long until you go on a shooting spree and blow your brains out?

I freaking love Dollar Tree!!!

Keep up the good work user

Dollar Tree IS a dollar store. Everything is a dollar or less. I've never sold anything over a dollar (unless you count preset bouquets featuring multiple balloons)

DOllar General is not, and neither is Family Dollar, which we bought.

Did you guys stop stocking the drain cleaner because of meth makers? My local places don't stock it anymore. I don't make meth, I just don't want to pay $4 for the next cheapest drain cleaner at wallyworld

Honestly, I'm using this as a learning experience and some hard knocks cred for future use. I figure no matter what I do, the war stories of a dollar store top just about any other retailer.

I catch vagrants stealing shit often.

I buy all the Rip-It's I can when I go to Dollar Tree.

They taste great frozen

I've not even heard of that use. I still get our generic liquid plumr, just not the gallon size.

There's a county in Pennsylvania where most of the major dry snack companies are headquartered. It's an industry built by German immigrants (pretzels and chips in particular).

Dang, it was the only thing I could come up with for why they would hurt me like this. I guess they just don't like me..... Or wish for me to have clogged drains.

Why do your batteries suck?

how come the food gives me cancer

People steal shit 24/7 from dollar general too

Gotta steal that dollar shit yo

I also worked there long ago.

So do people still ask how much this is as a joke?

Do they still stock douches and have old women come in and buy 30 at a time?

Not OP but plenty of times behind people buying tons of food items I know aren't good deals at dollar tree. Man just cause it's a dollar doesn't mean it's a good deal

People ask how much things cost SINCERELY. every day. They're either not used to it or confusing us with dollar general.

People hoard items all the time.

post some greentexts, man
fun stories, cool customers, brianfarts, weirdos...

Also, I want to mention - there is NO employee discount. Not even a cent. However, if you work there, you know which items are a limited run (bought as overstock from manufacturers or other retailers), and many of those items have consistent resale value well over a dollar. Those "As Seen on TV" items that go from $8-15 make it to dollar tree a few times a year. Even with shipping costs, you can make nice profit over eBay with stuff like that and some discontinued scents and flavors of certain things. I know of one REGULARLY carried item that I won't name that gets consistently sold for $8 on eBay. I'm going to hoard a case of it myself. Sure I have to pay for the case, but that's fine.

Not OP but I think some of the food is a deal like the $1.00 steaks. Three or four of them make a nice meal. I'm still looking for Lingham's hot sauce. I bought one and want more but none of the stores in the MA/RI area have them anymore. I think the bitch that runs a store that sells hot sauce bought them all up and is now selling them for $6-7. a bottle

Test

I've never seen ligham's. it was probably a regional limited overstock buy.

go pay $4 or more for 4 AAs at any other store.

Does the toy isle have those Simpsons figures and the WWE figures?
How often do people buy books from there?

Thanks.

There are licensed figurines of Disney and Simpsons characters but they're really tiny.

I've seen generic wrestling figures but the wwe merchandise is very limited.

As for books, I am always shocked at the fact there is ample space for me to put out new cases of books, but hardcover books still have their original retail price printed on them and that has to play to a certain kind of older shopper.

Thanks for answering. Keep up the awesome work. I love Dollar Tree

Those items are the same department but they should not be adjacent. Shitty stocking!

I buy those by the case when I can

Have you decided how you are going to kill yourself yet?

my father loves them for some ungodly reason.

Damn balloons give me nightmares sometimes. People really overkill balloon orders. And they take up too much employee time. Valentine's Day and Mother's Day means that someone has to spend more than one full shift inflating them

I never did them when I worked there. Thank christ.

whats so special about em? i got a friend who was in the army and he said they drink that shit like water

They cost 1$

how filthy do you feel for working in that place?

They send us way too many of those.

What are you going to do in 15 years when inflation causes everything top be higher than a single dollar?

They are very dense and expand like popcorn.
And they are fucking awesome.

Definitely can feel literally filthy after a shift, but I also respect myself for paying dues and making an honest effort.
I just hate the Sisyphus aspect, where you can make things close to perfect for a moment, then comes a new truckload and you start all over again.

They're already looking to push price points higher than a dollar on some items.

I'm sure you've memorized how much 1 item plus tax is, and 2 items, 3,4..... how many do you have it memorized to?

They're going to keep the prices low by automating their delivery system

I took a c THC (marijuana) piss test purchased from dolla tree, failed the test with flying (rainbow) colors. 10/10 will smoke and piss again

I don't really do the register that much, but I see.

Fuck Dollar General.

Our local DT has a Frozen Food section.
Bad part is most of the crap in there is
imported from China. I see Seniors buying
this garbage all the time. Makes me sad
they have to eat this crap because it's all
they can afford on Social Security.

Do you sell anything that ISN'T junk or bootlegs?

I don't think I ever see china on the frozen food packaging, but I think that food can be grown anywhere as long as it marked where it is packaged

huh
well sounds like you're getting valuable experience from it, and that's pretty cool.
I've only been in one once with my mom and I just felt dirty and ashamed the whole time and wanted to leave

OP here.....I've actually been turning into a minimalist in recent months, seeing everything I don't truly need as junk.

I love Louisiana Supreme. I sip it. And they sell bread now. I spent 250 dollars there once when my dad got stoned. Most of our glass and plates we bought there.

Glad they now have aspartame-free options.

Bread is an outside vendor, but you can really get great deals if you know when the bread delivery is. Bread guys will put out tons of breads, with several varieties in only 2 to 6 of them

OP i manage a store in suffolk LI wya?

Almost all of the TJ Farms Frozen stuff comes from
China. The potatoes come from either mexico or canada

Any of your employees hot?

$4 is a much nicer managers discount steak at kroger. Those steaks at dollar tree are full of crap.

No, but culturally that's similar to where I live elsewhere. I'm adjacent to welfare on one side of the highway and McMansions across town, and every possible ethnicity.

I live in Michigan. The Five Mile location has everything a grocery store has. The placemats are shitty and pretty feminine but theres plenty of options for dinnerware. I bought the Cobblestone Corners train set I pull it out once a year. I should have bought more track.

I have worked in four different stores and three of the cutest girls got pregnant before turning Ninteen. One in my store now is just an introvert, maybe evangelical.

A lot of ours were for a time.

99ยข only store> dollar tree

>assistant manager
>$10-18/hour
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

>three of the cutest girls got pregnant before turning Ninteen

They were all black, am i right?

nope on all three. they were all white girls without present fathers.

Well that's surprising. All the girls i know at my work that got pregnant before 20 were all black. It was sad, because a lot of them were smart as fuck, but threw away their lives for a shitty kid.

i do work with a black woman who isnt very old but she's incredibly smart and hardworking and has multiple kids, but she's actually married.