LUCID DREAMING

LUCID DREAMING

What's your best technique and/or favourite lucid dream you have had?

I dream every single night, keep a dream journal and do regular reality checks but it hasn't happened to me lately - only by accident. The one time I actually did a reality check within a dream and it didn't work

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/channel/UCJaUAmw7TCFXBwAULWZwslA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bump

It's bullshit is what it is

If dreaming exists then Lucid dreaming exists

bumping for interest

Usually what works for me is trying to breathe while holding my nose. If I end up inhaling, then I know it's a dream.

Best technique? to induce lucid state? that's to have reality tests all day and sleep 9 hours for me,

I find the WILD technique to work the best... google it if you dont know what it is

They are not mutually exclusive, nor codependent on one another.

What the fuck are you on about? It doesn't exist

I've only lucid dreamt once or twice. Somehow I managed to remember my buddies advice. He is a frequent lucid dreamer and told me that once you are lucid, you can spin around and fall backwards and you can teleport wherever you want to go. I managed to teleport to the field by my house.

Something else that is cool is having a dream within a dream. Have had that happen to me as well.

Usually In my dreams I'll see into the future. Mainly I would dream about having conversations with my ex that would later happen. I also dreamt that she would get a tattoo on her left side. 4 months later for her birthday she got a script tattoo on her left side. Kind of crazy. I would also dreamt about going to parallel dimensions in the past to warn her about our break up.

Dreaming is cool as fuck. I am a Dream weaver.

Also the pic is something that appeared to me as I was drifting off in to sleep. If anyone is familiar with Carl Jung's work it is a mandala or a symbol of the universe and self that represents wholeness.

I've only once realised I was dreaming whilst in a dream. Woke up about 4 or 5 seconds later.

Also a couple of nights ago I had a dream within a dream. Was nightmarish and fucked up tho.

No explanation for either

That's all well and good but science says no.

No user.

I don't really know how to force a lucid dream on myself, but I think it has something to do with me playing Dark Souls 3 for about a quarter of my life since I bought it. Not that I enjoy watching those little gremlins trying to kill me so that they can get away from Aldrich.

That's the reality check I use and when I did it in a dream I wasn't able to breathe like normal so I assumed it was real life and didn't go lucid

How do you deny personal experience? If it was able to be experienced then someone could later find the math to explain it. What else is math but a language of the universe? Still dont see how you can somehow discredit someone's personal experience. Bet you dont think much of psychedelics either.

I've accidentally lucid dreamed once when I was standing in a very shallow pond and I realized I was dreaming. I tried to fly since people had told me that this was what they did when they dreamed lucid so I hopped up and thought of flying but ended up falling on my face into the pond. I tried for another 3 or 4 times and I kept falling flat into the pond so eventually I stopped and let the dream continue. Lucid dreaming is definitely a thing but I don't know if it takes practice or what to be good at it.

I can confirm from first-hand experience that LDing is very real.

That's like saying. If the pope exists, then god exists.

I think he was referring to you foreseeing conversations and your girlfriend getting a tattoo. Lucid Dreaming IS real but all of the foresight could be put down to false memories and mis-remembering

Nah man. Literally had a dream journal and wrote that shit down. I'll see if i can go mobile and post it.

Ireference this picture. I see this as everything and everyone being connected by soul strings. My ex and I were still connected, especially because I saved her life.

You have to actually believe that you can fly for it to work. Your mind is used to being awake for real, and you know in real life you can't fly. You need to acknowledge it's a dream- "Oh hey, I'm dreaming. When I'm dreaming I can fly." and your ability, and focus on floating up. Sometimes it helps to pretend you're walking up an invisible staircase or flap your arms.

weak b8 m8 i r8 0/8

You can show me proof that you wrote it down but you can't prove the conversation that you had with your ex. That's where the false memories will play a part

Once again you ask me to prove my personal experience. You want me to math it out? All the atoms and algorithms that lead to the events that transpired?

and what are you talking about cant prove it? It was as simple as dreaming having a conversation with someone, then it happening months later. My experience is clearing different from anything you are accustom to.

It's like when you wake up from a dream. Immediately you can recall 99% of what happened but within as little as 5 minutes you can only recall a paragraph or two's worth. That shows that your memory sucks when it comes to dreams.

So what you can remember and what you actually dreamt could be very different and it wasnt until months later that you had the actual conversation with your girlfriend? Yea i'm not buying it. Your brain would have cherry picked what it wanted to hear and filled the blanks

Eat a shit ton of poppy seeds. Put them in ice cream or yogurt and just wait for 1 -2 days.

Guess you dont subscribe much to spiritual experiences either. Hurray for nihilism.

Bump

you can objectively prove in a laboratory setting that it exists. There are already published articles if you car to do research.

I am the Dream Weaver. It is like I run simulations in my dreams to prepare for the future. Obviously you dont dream about anything useful or have had any significant experiences in your life.

wouldn't argue that you believe what you're saying, but it is possible to have your mind plant memories that aren't there/can't be there or you're simply processing a blurred memory from months prior in a way your mind *wants* to believe.
Another theory is dejavu - it's your mind processing something milliseconds before you actually 'see' what's happening in front of your eyes, meaning it seems like it's already happened before

(not same user)

I don't understand how people need 'techniques'... I just see a dream, realize it is one and do my thing.

I don't think I had a dream where I wasn't in control of it for the past years.

>the dream weaver

welp this just turned into bait

You happen to be one of the lucky ones then. You think it would be simple to recognize that you are in a dream but your mind warps with the dream and your state of reality becomes blurred. It's almost like you are on auto-pilot and you are along for the ride.

I envy you

im not joking this helps

I have had a few hundred lucid dreams and a handful of them where I had a very significant amount of control. I have been able to flip gravity, fly, teleport, create a living creature out of nothing, use my mind to control objects (telekinesis), controlled other individuals in my dream and their cars and whatever.

I am actively creating a guide and method to try to gain full control of every aspect of my dreams. I only have lucid dreams 1-2 times a week but I am getting pretty good at them. Ask me anything

I took Valerian Root pills and on the first night had my first Lucid Dream for months but it never worked again after that, I think it must have been a placebo effect

What's your best technique to staying grounded within a dream? Anytime I get one to actually work i'm too surprised by it all, get over excited and wake up.

The average running time of my Lucid Dreams would probably be around 10 seconds, which is horrible

I only had it happen once, basically by accident, when i dreamed of mx mother who had died a week prior.
Since then i'm trying to train lucid dreaming, but i have problems remembering my dreams. Is there a good method for remembering your dreams?

Bastard. Been trying it for almost 6 years without success...

>dream lucidly
>can't control anything anyway

i go to sleep to ESCAPE real life god damn it

The first thing that you should do when you realize it is a dream is to stabilize yourself and calm yourself. What I will do is think something like, "Ok I am in a dream. Lets stay calm and observe some details." Then I will look at my hands and clothes and any other details to help improve the clarity of my experience.

I have also had many lucid dreams that I wasnt even aware I was in a dream. I a lot of my lucid dreams I will actually think the people around me are real and Ill tell them, "Hey, check out what I can do." Or, "Let me show you guys how to fly so we can go to the moon." or something like that.

You feel euphoric during a dream though, or at least I do. It's a place that I truly feel happy and it sucks that I'm stuck on auto-pilot for most of it

How much control have you had so far? Do you try to do more than just fly or have sex? Like I personally try to practice my telekinesis, telepathy, teleportation, etc. so that I can master the physics of my dreams.

I understand what you are saying. I am taking upper levels psych courses to explain all of this shit. Clearly you want to find some fault with the way the mind recall events. Sure that stuff does happen. There is a million dollar bet that this professor could implant a false memory in a classroom of 4th graders in half an hour. He hasnt lost yet. Thats just not the case with me.

There is an awful lot of BS out there about Lucid dreaming. It has become a fad to espouse powers and abilities that are simply not true. There are no dreams within dreams, except in the movies. There is NO WAY to instantly learn to lucid dream.

The art of Lucid dreaming is an acquired skill that is no different than any other learned process. The best analogy I can give you for truly learning to Lucid Dream is that of learning another language. It takes time study and patience. People that claim they have lucid dreamt once or twice is like a person who knows a few words in Spanish and claims to speak Spanish. It simply is not the same.

That said there is a whole new world out there for those that are willing tolearn the language of Lucid Dreaming. The best Sup Forums quick answer I can give you is this link to a YouTube Channel that is likely one of the best sources for you to learn from and start your journey.

youtube.com/channel/UCJaUAmw7TCFXBwAULWZwslA

If that link does not make it through Sup Forums’s filters then remove the spaces from the following link and try this

Youtube . com / channel / UCJaUAmw7TCFXBwAULWZwslA

Or go to You Tube and search for “The Lucid Guide” This is Daniel Love’s channel and he can step you through all you need to know without any of the hippe dippe neo zen crapist BS that some people try to layer onto the learning process. There are no short cuts like 10 minutes to Lucid Dreaming. ANYONE who tells you that is full of BS.

Good Luck and stick with it. It can, and will change your life.

Yeah it's pretty unique. Dont know many other people who dream the way I do.

Just because you have never experienced a dream within a dream doesnt mean that it doesnt exist. Just because you havent climbed Mount Everest doesnt mean the mountain isnt there.

What do you guys think of sleep paralysis? Has anyone else experienced that?

I actually had a lucid dream that went like this.

I was with some of my friends in the dream and did not know that I was dreaming. Together with these friends we talked about how we were going to go into the dream of another individual. I then went into that persons dream and was aware I was now in a dream. I saw the other people in the 2nd layer and nodded my head to them to let them know I knew that we were all part of this new person dream. Is that a "dream within a dream"?

Only time i experienced it was when i started asking people in my dream why they were there. the first guy told me he was there to tell me about a book, then i saw some scary shit and a demon was trying to kill me and i flew away and then woke up in my bed. but my bed was now sliding up the wall and spinning and then i actually woke up.