WTF did I just watch

WTF did I just watch

kino-desu

Fuck off, Sup Forumseddit.

why would anyone be scared to post on Sup Forums?

Sup Forums is the autism equivalent of Sup Forums

one punch man is fucking shite

watched 5 episodes of that shit, what's the point ?

Kino.
Now watch Kare Kano.

why do people like this movie? It is shit and goes against the characters' development.

As someone who can't stand animoo, is this film worth a watch? Or is it filled with kawaii 12 year olds with cat ears doing dances and snacking on sushi and getting bloody noses when someone hot walks by

Embarassing, pretentious, scatter brained garbage.

I love how fans of this series say shit like "it's so layered you have to watch it 4 times to understand it" as if thats a good thing. That isn't deep, that isn't layered, that's SHITTY STORY TELLING.

Lynch can make a surreal subversive 2 hour movie that you only need to watch once to understand but is filled with depth.

Evangelion is fucking garbage for pretentious psuedo-intellectual redditors

watch the show it is about a boy growing as a person while piloting a giant mech.

>Embarassing, pretentious, scatter brained garbage

The Japanese equivalent of Batman vs Superman.

Pseudo-intellectual bullshit wrapped up in poorly understood religious imagery.

Literally 2deep4u. Not even that hard to understand. You're just stupid.

It's pretty heavy. One of the better experiences in my life, I'd say. Movies didn't really make me feel that way. Sopranos maybe did, but that's it.

okay papi

This. Eva is a garbage clusterfuck of story and characterization that isn't very well done by any aspect, but which attempts to compensate for its weaknesses by adding in waifu faggotry and NEUROSIS. The normal user can see this as the shit it is, and may enjoy it, hate it or be indifferent to it, but all the while recognizing that the series itself, regardless of their opinion, is plain bad.

However, these very aspects that try to smear over the shit of its core make it a breeding ground for aspie, unsociable underageb& faggots who engage in every kind of faggotry both online and in the real world. The broken, angsty characters all trying their hardest to hide from their mental issues, the SYMBOLISM, peculiar, complex machinery, the whole Freudian faggotry and everything about the Evangelion world fuels their fantasies of being a patrician, while the pity-party character backgrounds, emphasis on guilt tripping, and overall preachiness of the series make it fit just right with the mary-sueish drives of your average preteen and his sense of unwarranted self-importance towards the world. Exactly the kind of shit that makes little kiddies and underage retards eat this shit right the fuck up.

tl;dr; if you like YA novels(Hunger Games, Divergent, Horns, etc) and garbage like Donnie Darko then it makes sense you would consider it good.

I agree, it's not hard to understand. Really simple story that is dragged out at a pretentious "thoughtful" pace, so that it can examine themes that arent remotely interesting.

If you have to say 2deep4u, you're gonna be wrong everytime kid.

I'm no KID, sport. Pack up your bags.

Woah woah woah, I know Donnie Darko is a little up it's own ass, but it is MILES better than Evangelion. Like at least there as an actual purpose and a well developed character arch.

There are few stories out there more convoluted and pointless than Eva though.

Kek.

Evangelion is actually a simple bildungsroman. All the occult stuff, sci-fi stuff, intrigue is just icing on the very simple cake of an unloved kid learning to open up and not fear others.

Is this a movie or a show? Pls respond, I will post a pic of my cute doggo who is eating a bacon & ham birthday cake

You're joking, right? Donnie Darko is fucking empty. There's nothing to be felt in it.

There's absolutely nothing difficult to understand anywhere in the series or EoE.
It's the fucking LOST of anime, I have no idea how anyone was confused by anything.

Both
There's a show, then a movie that's an expansion on the last 2 episodes of the show

w-wait, Lost doesn't confuse you? Not even a little bit?

Thank you. I don't have a dog, I'm sorry for lying to you

It's just about a guy who needs to accept his death so that he can leave his friends and family in peace. It's executed really pretentious but there is a story there.

There is no story in Eva. It's just cringy relationships with self inserts from the shitty writer.

No, idiot.
What confused you about lost?
Are you one of those people still wondering why there was polar bear?

It's okay. I have my own

post a pic

Nah I understood the Polar Bear, I just didn't understand why the island had to keep moving and why there were two separate timelines

>There is no story in Eva. It's just cringy relationships with self inserts from the shitty writer.
I guess I'm just a special kind of person who saw the story then.

Why don't you fuck off with that kind of moronic criticism?

Hedgehog dilemma of what happens in the show and concludes in the movie.

Girl likes boy, she keeps giving him obvious advances but grows frustrated since boy is too fucking naive to notice. Thus she keeps getting hurt.
This could be solved if they had proper communication.

Boy likes girl but is too scared of getting rejected/getting hurt by her. To the point of perceiving her as a hate machine in his own mind – because of her frustrations that are unknown to him.
He is only capable of telling her how he feels and what he wants when she is incapable of saying no.
This could be solved if they had proper communication.

During Instrumentality fuck up, boy goes again to girl in desperation. The girl "how he perceives her on his mind" rejects him and hurts him as he expected her to do so. He explodes in frustration and strangles that which makes him weak and suffer.

Once the Instrumentality fuck up is finished. Boy sees the real girl on the beach and hurts her on impulse believing that the girl that he perceived on his mind during instrumentality is how the girl really is.
Girl on the beach reaches for his warmth – shows him kindness - despite being hurt by boy.
In this case plainly referencing the hedgehog dilemma in which hedgehog A gets close for warmth to hedgehog B, without giving a shit about being hurt. Thus ending the dilemma.

Boy feels the sincere kindness and touch that he had so longed and breaks into tears over girl. Thus confirming to the girl that boy reciprocates her feelings.

Girl says: disgusting which could mean:
She is disgusted that she loves a guy like him.
She was aware of what boy said and did during the hospital scene and insulted him as he had asked her and also because she feels repulsed that he jerked to her.

In the end they finally manage to communicate with each other and the walls of frustrations that where been built during the show are gone, leaving them with a very promising note.

How do we get this cancer off of our board?

The island moved because it was magic and there were immortal god-people living on it and sources of magical power that could be used by people.
There were two separate "timelines" because the other "timeline" was purgatory/heaven where all the characters ended up after they died, because Jack died at the end of the normal "timeline".

Oh wow, you're really embarassed that you know I'm right and you're a fan of garbage.

Neon Genesis Evangelion is a tv show created by Hideaki Anno, also creator of another famous mecha series named Gunbuster.

End of Evangelion is a movie and alternative ending to the tv show. You have to watch the series to understand the movie. They are quite different in tone and approach though.

The tv-show is basically the Nirvana of anime. Take it as you will

>ad-hominem

oh well THAT makes sense, boy do I feel silly

Okay, here's more of your quality level discussion for you then: you're retarded.

You literally just did the same.

You never made an argument.

>hurr just fuck off

typical unintelligible hypocrisy from an autistic weeaboo

nobody is surprised here

I think I'll give the show a watch once I'm home from work. Thank you

I also haven't watched an episode of Lost since the premiere of the series finale, so I really just don't understand how people don't remember any of the things that were explicitly stated or shown.

EVA is fake deep.
Animatiors admitting christian themes were added because nobody in Japan really knows shit about them confirms it.

It literally wasn't even the same person. And making retarded claims like "there's no story" when there clearly is a story makes you the retard of the conversation, so fuck off and learn to make a proper argument.

Why do you keep making this thread?
Why are you upset that Sup Forums doesn't want you?
Why are you upset that Sup Forums doesn't want you?

Thats a cute pup right there

Nirvana ? I dont understand, does it mean its the most well known but not the best

Also what happened to the one that would avatar with Asuka?
how come he stopped after being called out that his posts were never deleted and that the only possible way was that it was moot?

Good dog

>ad-hominem

god bless you

>literally
Retard detected.

Clearly there's a story. A very empty, shallow story. A backdrop for an excuse for teenage level sexual tension. Enjoy eating garbage weeaboo.

>bait

It was very influential.

>Nirvana of anime

He means that the most annoying people you know under the age of 30 will think it's the greatest thing ever.

It means its trash and the creator should kill himself

Also that only pretentious highschool students enjoy it

Kill yourselves

Not only am I now reinforced in my opinion that I've been responding to a complete idiot, you're also making me pity you. How old are you? Do you think anyone's going to listen to what you have to say if you start talking like that?

>ad-hominem

gesundheit

>Not only am I now literally reinforced in my opinion that I've been responding to literally a complete idiot, you're also making me literally pity you.

Uh oh, Im getting pity for not being able to appreciate twilight level story telling. I'm LITERALLY so ashamed right now.

You were the one to say literally first, bitch.

What is this thread

Plebs who can't handle avant-garde and lash out against everyone for not understanding a cartoon.

Offtopic trash that Sup Forums teens will defend by spouting stuff about cunny, cuck and capeshit meme spam that is done by their kind.

>a Lynch fan calling someone else scatter brained and pretentious

its just a story about very sad people trying to find themselves in the world. the religious symbolism and terminology, all the action, all the mecha stuff, gives the characters' inner struggles a biblical and universal dimension, since they're essentially stand-ins for humanity at large. eoe is about the illuminati pretty much restarting humanity and ending the pain of embodiment in a finite, corporeal vessel. the very deep pain at the heart of the whole series is really about shinji, who isn't even satisfied with nirvana, and realizes that the only place his happiness CAN exist is in the real world, and nowhere else, and there's no escape and he has to come to grips with it, and that's why he breaks the fuck down at the end.