I've never heard anyone say anything positive about Tool

I've never heard anyone say anything positive about Tool.

cause there isnt anything... they are edgy garbage that simpletons think is deep.

They're pretty good.

Step outside Sup Forums then.

they are dream theatre-tier
garbage nu-male metal

They're fine
Sometimes great

theyre music sounds like my dad but i like my dad

>dream theater

I'd completely forgotten that.

They are nowhere near as cheesy and wanky as Dream Theater, check yourself m8.

Sup Forums is pretty much the only place that pretends to dislike Tool.

They're fine. I don't like their music but I know Danny Carrey is a super respected drummer, and they're well known for using uber complex time signatures and patterns in their songs. Not my cup of tea though. Have several friends who worship them as if they're the metal Beatles. They have a super devoted large cult fanbase. They do odd shit like only put out an album every 10 years and tour like every 5 years. Thats all their is to em

Tool is next level. Deal with it plebs

they're not metal at all

The most positive thing I can come up with is that it exists because they sure fuck take their sweet time teasing the idea of making anything

I love their bass lines.
And Maynards voice can build a sort of spiritual intensity.
The time signatures are interesting, concepts are strong, references to occult and new age stuff are entertaining.
It's good.

All the instruments contribute well and coordinate decently. The drummer is very good (H is one of my favorites for drumming). Last I heard, the guitarist quietly has a family and looks heavily up to King Crimson. Even though their music can sound very samey and they have big variety issues, they crafted their carved their own sound out and almost make all the tracks distinguishable enough from one another in that limited realm. All that being said, I almost never listen to them.

Dream Theater might be the cheese kings, one step above I JUST WANNA PLAY VIDEO GAMES. I still love Take the Time.

Tool is a decent rock band.

emos can sing the lyrics but they dont respond to the melody, the melody of intellectual human interactions and emotions.

>he doesn't remember the dark ages of pseudo intellectual Tool fans hyping them up to be the greatest thing ever for most of the 2000s
>he doesn't remember "muh Fibonacci"

You must be over 18 to post here

so true

they're bready gud, but the edgy teenage pseudointellectual fanbase ruins it for the rest

>they're bready gud, but the edgy, pseudointellectual fanbase ruins it for the rest

ftfy and this

90's Maynard was a god tier vocalist.
Adam is an underrated guitarist.
Danny is one of the best rock drummers of all time.
Justin took Tool to the next level.

>he doesn't remember the dark ages of pseudo intellectual Tool fans hyping them up to be the greatest thing ever for most of the 2000s
>>he doesn't remember "muh Fibonacci"

god man, I couldn't go to a single party in high school without hearing some woke ass drunk tool fan ranting about tool and the true definition of the word nigger and how I should be offended if someone uses it since hip hop has made it a household term

high school sucked

I typically enjoy this bands music

what are you a fucking faggot?

Tool is awesome but some ppl care more about the fanbase than the music itself

LOL! Nice one pal!

Sup Forums ladies and gentlemen

They make good music

Good times.

I might be seeing them live soon. In my opinion they're really freaking good, not only are they all great musicians and their shit is complex but their music actually hits me on visceral level, which bands like Dream Theater don't.

I wish they would do a European tour so goddamn bad

when they put out the album they might do it, or just do a full on world tour

>hating good music because of a bad fanbase
I never understood what brain damage causes people to do this

The band is nice, you should just listen to it without paying any attention to the lyrics. Isn't this what people generally do with most bands anyway? So they are great

Tool is actually really great Maynard is a fuckface, though.

Saw them front row during their Aenema tour. Dad was a huge fan at the time, I had never listened to them much other than car rides where I never paid attention. Scared the absolute shit out of me.

They had potential to be good but their music doesn't really hold up for repeated listens which is why they really kill their legacy by putting out so little material

Best live show I've ever been to

I like them. I don't pay much attention to band's fanbases cause I don't have autism.

fucking good band. saw them live the other night and it was a fucking experience, man. What a live show these guys put on

>Pandora playing
>Tool comes on
>What the fuck garbage is this
>Skip or thumbs down every single time

Tool a shit

their drummer is great.

I like Tool (no I'm not an emo teen). They make great music and their chord progressions and drum patterns are pretty sick!

I'm convinced everyone in this thread bitching about Tool has yet to even hear one of their albums fully.

When you're listening to Tool, just remember that they're not like other bands. Their music is incredibly artistic, almost to the point where you have to be paying complete attention to them to even remotely understand them. I remember listening to a song on Lateralus (though I can't remember what it was), where I thought a song was absolute bollocks during the listen. Then, I closed my eyes for a second, and all of a sudden the song had an entirely new meaning. It was insane the way Tool could just become something so different when you take a look into the music.

Another thing you should note about Tool is that it's easy to get a headache listening to them. Not because they're a bad band, but because of how many ideas their music is riddled with and how complex they are. Soon enough your head will fill to the brim and the rest will just sound like noise to you. Just turn it off and give it a listen the next day.

If you don't like the music, you'll definitely at least enjoy reading through the lyrics, and picking apart the song itself and all of the artistic values that go into making it the complexity that it is.

gay

Dude LSD lmao

They're pretty good but that Lateralus album is fucking boring so I quit after that

Their music is Magical.

It took me a long time to get into and understand what all the admiration was about, but after I've finally broken into it...it's like their music is on an entirely different level. I started out on Opiate, I listened to it once, didn't get much out of it. Then I saw Escape From LA, and the director John Carpenter uses the song "Sweat" to perfect effect in the beginning of the film, and it just haunted me. I listened to Opiate again and it's like every time I listened to it, it eerily got better and better and became one of my favorite albums in a very short period of time.

Next I listened to Lateralus. Once again, didn't think much of it. Seemed like Tool was just experimental and overrated. Then listened to it again the next day... and it's like something unlocked in my mind overnight. The album was brilliant, amazing, and beautiful. It continued to get bigger and more incredible the more I listened to it. I've probably listened to it 50 times since then.

Yesterday, listened to Aenima. Remember feeling disappointed that it was no Lateralus. Listened again today, and it's brilliant, haunting, and marvelous. Tool does something I've never heard before; It's like they're playing with the very properties of music to set up something you can't understand at first, then blow your mind with a musical idea that couldn't have been understood or expressed in just a few playthroughs. Their music engages you on a spiritual level and shows you things you didn't know existed. If you don't like Tool, it's not because they're "overrated" or not as good as you've heard, it's because you haven't been enlightened. The best way to listen to them is to accept that the music is excellent and you're in good hands musically. If you try to judge it like you do most music, it will prevent you from understanding.

they'd be good if every song wasn't the same fucking song in a different time signature, it all sounds the fucking same

It's like, I want to like them, but can't find it in me to genuinely enjoy them. Everyone around me gushes about how complex and deep they are, and it's like, yea I can hear that number thing they did there or how that part is circular, but they manage to still sound like shitty, boring, radio rock.

I think I grew up and changed or something because I used to like them but now their music just gets on my nerves. Its almost a chore listening to them drone on.

So many tool fans are pretty shit but if you can ignore that, I think they are a good band.

should or shouldn't be offended?

My iTunes library in 8th grade had like 1,000 plays of Stinkfist

see that's the trick. they use complexity stuff so their fan base has something to jerk over but it still sounds generic because if it didn't it would alienate most of their audience

Seeing them at AllState Arena this Thursday, shit's gonna be a blast

>being this pretentious
I like Tool but come on buddy

I enjoy them
>and that's all that matters