Why do you still listen to popular music?

Why do you still listen to popular music?

all actions taken out of concern for image will end in dissatisfaction

I listen to what I like to listen to, faggot. Some of my favorite albums are household names, and some of my favorite songs haven't even broken a thousand views on YouTube.

Bergman has made better films than Seventh Seal.

>favourite song
>has listened to it sub-1000 times
disdainforplebs.jpg

>implying i listen to music on YouTube
Just using view count to quantify popularity m8

Popular music stands in contrast to both art music and traditional or "folk" music. That is to say, popular music doesn't actually have much to do with popularity.

You can't possibly be older than 18

because I like to listen to nice music, and popular music does have nice things to listen.
I'm not trying to prove anything to anyone by listening to obscure music

Everything that is not avant-garde is a popular music tbqh.

Why doesn't anybody in this thread know whag popular music means? Why would you post on a music board if you know nothing about music?

cause i enjoy it

"Popular music is music with wide appeal that is typically distributed to large audiences through the music industry. These forms and styles can be enjoyed and performed by people with little or no musical training. It stands in contrast to both art music excessive citations] and traditional or "folk" music." Wikipedia

What are you talking about ??

I automatically discard anything anyone with anime avatar says, on matters converning art especially.

Because classical music would get incredibly boring if I didn't. Why confine yourself to one genre when there are many to choose from? It's stupid

>gross popcorn, must be a bad movie
Uh, ok.

>listening to any song more than once
>not having eidetic music memory
you clearly don't belong here, cretin

>implying everything but classical is "popular music"

There's only three types of music: Academic, Traditional, and Popular

Yes, Jazz falls into Popular

post some academic music

All classical is Academic music

>Anime image
>unironic use of exclamation marks
>comic sans
>citing wikipedia
>those small spelling errors spread nicely around
that image is such great bait

>forcing yourself to consume different entertainment just to please other people
I hope everything gets better in your life, user.

>ame was a girl meme

It's not about pleasing other people, it's about pleasing yourself with better entertainment.

Ignore him, that is a foolish, forced categorisation that only idiots subscribe to.

t. brainlet

>Jazz falls into Popular

then what is academic jazz? (because there is a lot of that)

Everything will be fine.

Yes, brainlets can only think in discrete catagories and simple genres.

>mastery is art

what if I master eating my own shit?

If it isn't rooted in stricly scored composition it doesn't qualify as academic

Then you can call it Popular music

I listen to classical music when I want to listen to good music. I've been listening to other music lately just to see what exists because I hadn't done that in years, to see if any of it is good, which it isn't. I have also listened to popular music when I've fucked sluts. Can't imagine fucking a slut while listening to classical music.

Because I like listening to different things, even if it's pop.

>Why do you still listen to popular music?
The answer is niggers.

>the only thing i talk with people its art and-or entretaiment
Yezz i found the virgin.

says who?

I like how people think Kanye is talentless but if they ever sat in the studio with them and tried to make a track and then have him make one they would get BTFO.

Kindegarten-level thinking.