I've been on a slasher movie kick. Never watched horror movies before...

I've been on a slasher movie kick. Never watched horror movies before, but now I've seen all the Halloweens (Rob Zombies suck), Friday the 13ths, and Nightmare on Elm Streets.
starting Texas Chainsaw Massacre now.
what should I watch after?

Pumpkinhead
Alien
The Babadook

It's late man. I'm on fumes. Start there.

Leprachaun 1-5

scream (and sequels, idk how good they are though)
child's play (and sequels, see above)

not slasher films per se, but hellraiser is great too. first one is the best by far, but if you were able to sit through all the friday the 13th movies, then hellraiser 2 and 3 should be watchable too. idk if I'd go past that though.

The original TCM is fucking awful.

I don't mean awful like the movie sucks. I mean awful like you feel like you've been through what the characters go through. I felt ear-raped, and mind numb after watching it.

Not saying it ain't a great horror movie cause it's a classic, but I would never watch it again. Just flat out disturbing.

Also Pumpkinhead....kek. Someone has a sense of humor

texas chainsaw fucked me up. It's the oldest one and the most realistic. Not much blood, but the torture and mutilation, like getting hung on a meat hook just sucks, it's something that could really happen.
how are the sequels? are they less effective because they use cheesier effects?

Watch Green Room immediately. It's a horror movie but without the supernatural element.

Adding to the list:
The grudge/ringu
Conjuring

The second one is campy. It's fun. You'll be disappointed if you go into it thinking it's going to be like the first film.

Hills have eyes.
All of them.

Also chekd.

No shitty music trying to induce anxiety. Just a shitty fucking situation all around that, like you said, could actually happen.

speaking of campy, let's not forget the evil dead series.

if we're including asian flicks, then I recommend odishon too.

also, OP if you want a classic horror flick with great visuals, look up suspiria.

WHAT in the fuck was his problem?

Basket case

Sleepaway camp was pretty cool

Obviously some sort of mental disorder. I mean, can you blame him?

The Hitcher

Couldn't wait to eat them fools up.

new York ripper, the beyond, zombie, suspiria.

Tucker and Dale vs Evil
Final Girls
any others like this?

The original is a classic. Not the shifty sean bean one

I spit on your grave (not the remake)

the void just came out, cool mix of slasher and supernatural. the koreans have been doing some great stuff lately. Monster and the devil you know are two awesome serial killer flicks. Monster is more of a dark comedy, but still great.

Opera, it's a terrible movie but the death bits are ace.

>jamie lee curtis never shows her tits

You must harken back to the old days if you are truly interested in gore slash movies and watch these. That goes for all you newfags.
You're welcome.

Pieces
Dead and Buried

Basically most horror films from the late 70's to the early 90's were (and still are) classics. You can't really go wrong.

Do you just want slasher films? I'd definitely suggest branching out. Try Evil Dead.

You should watch Martyrs. Its French or something, but its hands down the sickest movie ive ever seen.

Most fucked up movie I have ever seen. Damaged me psychologically. Watch immediately but make sure it is the foreign version.