en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic/
last.fm/tag/electronic
dictionary.com/browse/electronic-music
youtu.be/3PLmGPeLsJY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

..good?

>it's all 4/4

>Look at my extraordinary ability to label stuff, that essentially doesn't sound any different
Good riddance, OP

It bothers me goa trance is fucked up and they have never fixed it, also all these under each genre are the first three artists from each Wikipedia article

never noticed that before, can't unsee now damnit

Wewpedia

>Chop m Screwed

Only exception is hi NRG, also whatever the ones under goa were supposed to be got switched around. And psybient should be along with the goa stuff

all those words and its still all 4/4

I wasn't saying it wasn't, Just saying it's labeled wrong . With anything Venetian snares uses odd time signatures

have you never thought stuff sounded the same but then as you listened to it more you realized that there actually are differences discernable to a more experienced listener?

I okay if you can't tell the difference, but don't be a dick to people for having a developed ear than you in regard to electronic music

youtube.com/watch?v=MM_y7mwZ2bk

>he doesn't think 4/4 is the best rhythm

The most simple rhythm is the most effective, it's the modern african tribal rhythm, used to lure people into a trance and dancing state aka what rhythm is supposed to do.

>muh complex time signatures!

Literally just for showing off the drummer's skills. Sound awful and are undanceable

So is most of what you listen to probably.

Explain whats wrong with it now and why different time signatures = better.

gtfo art fascist

>all dance music

kys

there is enormous variety in electronic music, far more so than rock, but that autistic chart doesn't prove anything

i know its just funny to me

kek

>muh ''''''''''''IDM''''''''

Aphex, Autechre etc are all dance music and post-African repetitions

>wasting time on helping plebs understand electronic music

why though? never understood why this board is hell bent on spoonfeeding everyone.

So we can all scrobble the same music and shit on our IRL friends calling them newbies because they haven't seen the same ''essential'' chart as us.

>still trying to convince people that all hip hop is electronic music
>"disco classic" is electronic now
>most of this stuff is still shitty dance focused garbage

>>most of this stuff is still shitty dance focused garbage
So you agree hip hop fits then.

IDM is dance music too retard

I know this is b8 but hip-hop isn't electronic.

ugh do i have to

fine

im listening to hip hop right now actually but the fact is that, for me at least, for me personally, personally for me, i cant listen to constant 4/4 because it gets boring and i need to hear something else before i claw my ears off

*changes song*

now, objectively speaking, constant 4/4 is inferior to 4/4 + other time sigs because the latter is just more detailed... and i mean inferior in level of detail. i cant explain why its "better" because "better" doesnt rly exist in art. you like things because you like them, end of story.

also i get that it looks like i was implying 4/4 is shit but i was just stating a fact, even tho i knew thats how it wud come across... its just Sup Forums, man :)

how is Wave Twisters not electronic

What is it then? Do they make all the music with guitars?

Samplers are electronic
Turntables are electronic
DAWs are electronic
Keyboards are electronic
Synthesizers are electronic

please direct me to some acoustic hip-hop

actually i can picture that it wud just be drums, piano/bass, and Sage Francis

but ya no stfu it definitely counts as electronic u hoe

>it's impossible to understand why you enjoy an artwork
get that mystical anti-intellectualism the fuck out of here

but I have nowhere else to go! D:

The Roots use mostly real instruments.
Good point

The Roots are but one group in 40 years of hip hop.

I don't get why hip hop fans get so annoyed by this like its a bad thing anyway.

The Roots shud put out a jazz/horn based album and call it "Roots Toots"

breakcore should be connected to jungle and IDM rather than drum n bass and industrial.

source: i'm shitmat

because on Sup Forums

electronic = EDM = normies

>please direct me to some acoustic hip-hop

The Roots

by that logic you could say "electric guitars are electronic"

just because they use electricity doesn't mean they make electronic music

>anything that isn't electronic needs guitars

retard

which is pretty funny because hip-hop is about as normie as it gets

>
>just because they use electricity doesn't mean they make electronic music
Actually, yes, that is the definition everywhere

>Electronic music is music that employs electronic musical instruments, digital instruments and circuitry-based music technology.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electronic_music

>Electronic music is music which uses non-traditional electronic instrumentation and sound manipulation technology as the primary musical backbone of a composition.
rateyourmusic.com/genre/Electronic/

>Electronic music refers to music that emphasizes the use of electronic musical instruments or electronic music technology as a central aspect of the sound of the music.
last.fm/tag/electronic

>electronically produced sounds recorded on tape and arranged by the composer to form a musical composition.
dictionary.com/browse/electronic-music

oh god
you reminded me that I got Human the Death Dance from a record store, spun it a few times, somehow lost it, wanted to listen to it again a few more times but forgot the title and thought it was a Brother Ali record (which I maintain is an understandable enough mix-up) and I couldn't find it so I was like "fuck it, I'll just look it up and listen to it online" so I pulled up Brother Ali's discography and spent like an hour searching the internet as best I could for this "mysterious Brother Ali record" and of course finding no trace of it, to the point that I was like "what the fuck did I hallucinate this album is this some crazy-ass false memory shit have I totally lost my mind" and then I just gave up on it, and like two years later I saw another copy in a record store and was like "oh, it's not Brother Ali, it's Sage Francis. I'm just retarded." It was cheap so I just bought it again and enjoy listening to it from time to time.

whateva nigga

*wanted to listen to it again a few months later

fuck me I'm retarded

you can stay
as long as you leave the bullshit behind

its all g i havnt read this and im not going to

haha just kiiiddiiing ;)

>Literally just for showing off the drummer's skills. Sound awful and are undanceable
Saying this shows a lack of musical maturity

unfortunately mystical anti-intellectualism goes wherever i do :(

lol that kinda thing has happened to me too its so annoying

so is Sgt. Peppers an "electronic music" album then, because they use electronic guitars and other means of electronic production?

not an argument

lol whatEVA negro

not disagreeing with you but id love to see someone dance to some glitchy, broken beat shit

hang on, when exactly does something stop becoming dance music? why is there even a "D" in IDM?

>electronic guitars
electric is not the same as electronic
yes, The Beatles made electric music if that's what you meant

youtu.be/3PLmGPeLsJY

Broke beat is dance music.

Artists in this area mostly have a drum and bass, house, hip hop, techno or acid jazz background.

Regular nights that play this genre of music include Co-op, the brainchild of Bugz in the Attic's Mark Force, held at Velvet Room, and then a few years later moving on to Plastic People, a famous club located in London, for a number of years before re-launching at East Village - both in Shoreditch.

In 2008 Afronaut and Bruce Q (Liquid Fusion) teamed up for a monthly Co-Op sessions which was launched at Concrete in Birmingham, UK. Liquid Fusion ran every Sunday at The living Room (2000-2002) first then onto Zinc (2002-2008). It had a following of several Hundred weekly.

Another night is Inspiration Information, previously at Notting Hill Arts Club but now at East Village in Shoreditch. Elsewhere, DJs from the Kyoto Jazz Massive regularly play at The Room in Tokyo.

so what exactly is the distinction between "electric music" and electronic music, then? I was originally saying that just because an instrument uses electricity doesn't mean the music it makes is electronic music (genre-wise), then you said I'm wrong, but now you're saying there's some difference, so where do the differences end and begin?

it's not just about what the music was made with, there is more to a genre than that, there is also context for why and how the music was made. it's not as simple as "well they used these instruments so that automatically means it was this genre".

IDM is a dumb term that most musicians who have been labelled it have rejected. it's something critics came up with, not actual musicians. most "IDM" musicians can actually be categorized into a wide variety of genres.

>it's not just about what the music was made with, there is more to a genre than that, there is also context for why and how the music was made. it's not as simple as "well they used these instruments so that automatically means it was this genre".

For you.

but you're the only one

>primary musical backbone of a composition.

>central aspect of the sound

these are the key phrases and I think why you are getting confused

once again, you can make music using "electronic" instruments but that doesn't mean it is automatically electronic music is making electronic music isn't your primary goal/method

>primary musical backbone of a composition.
>central aspect of the sound
Yes, its really easy to understand.

The Prodigy make music with computers primarily, they also use guitarists and a live drummer, they are electronic music.

The Beatles make music with guitars and drums primarily, they also used electronic instruments, they are pop/rock.

Hip hop musicians make music with computers, samplers, turntables primarily, they sometimes use other instruments, they are electronic music.

hip-hop is primarily lyrical/vocal, excluding the less popular instrumental stuff

so calling it electronic is kind of not fully true

learn words before you use them retard

The music is electronic, it also has vocals.

There is as much hip hop without vocals too.