Why is wolf so underrated

I still don't understand why wolf doesn't get the praise it deserves. The production is the best and most original in Tyler's career. His lyrics matured an incredible amount from goblin and throughout all of these he was able to weave in an amazing narrative. There isn't a single song that lacks.

Bump

Maybe it wasn't the ending people wanted?

I agre
Its graeats

The ending is incredible. It was a sobering look at Tyler's career and a tragic death. Also the last line is ingrained in my memory

because tyler isn't a good artist period. genius at marketing and cool guy. but his music is trash. he will never get praised for his music by anybody who takes the arts seriously.

almost all of the features were trash or just poorly used and his serious songs were his best

if he matures some more before his next record we are looking at a pretty good rap album

Wolf has great production but suffers from Tyler's awful lyrics and subpar rapping

T B H if Tyler isn't on some horrorcore rapist shit he's very uninteresting

Things I Don't care about
>You being famous now
>Your shitty impression of someone selling coke
>Your annoying fans

Besides that, what the fuck was he rapping about on this album? Just a bunch of vulgar nonsense right? Besides Answer which is him rapping about his dad (yet again) and a girl?

He is rapping about a girl yes but from the perspective of wolf Haley. Wolf wants Sam's girlfriend Salem and they start hanging out. Sam gets jelous and wolf's group and Sams group end up going to war. Between the narrative Tyler raps about himself and his current state.

the whole haley/wolf/sam/salem shit is pure cringe

I simply don't agree the features were great. Even with artists from OF I don't rly like they were hilarious and he kept their features short

That's where you're wrong. He's a lot like ASAP Rocky in that they both showed huge potential with their first releases then fell off greatly. OF definitely had a unique aesthetic and artistic vision. Bastard was a good start to Tyler's career, then he COMPLETELY dropped the ball on Goblin, Wolf was a step up but his lyrics have been shit since Goblin.

Tyler needs to grow out of his manchild lyrics if he wants to be taken seriously by people besides his stans. His production is incredible and I stand by that. One of the only rappers to completely avoid trap beats on his own releases too, which is admirable.

How?

Fr, Bastard set up an interesting narrative but that was pretty much lost by Goblin. Goblin also has terrible acting and the theatrical aspect of it ruins replayability. Something tells me it was rushed.

That whole thing was executed so poorly.

I feel like he does mature his lyrics with wolf. I do agree that goblin is rly shitty and his worst album tho. It was probably because he didn't release it thru OF records

I feel like it was subtle enough to be respected it and you could ignore it if you wanted

>Knock knock motherfucks it's me mr. clusterfuck
>What when where how like who gives a fuck

Yeah real mature shit going on here

He's rapping from the perspective of Sam there

>Wolf
>Goblin
>Bastard
Rate from best to worst /moo/

Wolf>cherry bomb>bastard >goblin

>Terrible lyrics are okay if it's from the perspective of X

sorry, no. Bad lyrics are bad lyrics and I don't care who's perspective it is in.

potential means nothing. everybody has it. Goblin needed to happen if he wanted to became semi-famous. which paid off greatly for him.

>Tyler needs to grow out of his manchild lyrics if he wants to be taken seriously by people besides his stans.
doubt he cares. he can retire at this point and keep making his shitty fashion line.

>One of the only rappers to completely avoid trap beats on his own releases too, which is admirable.
im going to assume you don't listen to much rap. thousands of artists don't use trap beats. trap was still a minority up until recently because its money to use it for a "hit"

anyway like i said. genius guy. but his music is meh

>amazing narrative
You mean the that half assed narrative that led to absolutely nothing

Cherry bomb was much better and is the REAL underrated tyler LP

I think his main problem musically is consintancy

I'm not talking about the whole fucking rap game with the 1000s if not 100,000s of shitty artists, I'm saying rappers on his level.

I Didn't say he cared, but I'm just saying what it would take.

>Potential means nothing. Everybody has it.

Right, because Michael Jordan's level of potential is the same as the kid who might possibly be able to Community College ball if he practices enough.

The narrative actually leads to bastard. Wolf is a prequel to bastard. The order goes wolf then bastard then goblin then cherry bomb. And cherry bomb has the worst narrative.

If all of y'all want serious and "mature" lyrics you should go listen to Sweatshirt insted.

I like sweatshirt more but he doesn't have an album as good as wolf

Cherry Bomb is underrated too, especially now that XXXTentacion is popular.

But Wolf is the better album even though it's really long.

>cherry bomb has the worst narrative
What narrative? I thought it was outside of that

>boring depressed bullshit

I'm good f a m

>I'm saying rappers on his level.
hes not a good rapper. so hes on nobodies level to be compared too. think frank can actually flow better than him lmao

>Right, because Michael Jordan's level of potential is the same as the kid who might possibly be able to Community College ball if he practices enough.

if that kid has the same height, genetics, and access to the same training as MJ who knows he could have been great also.

dear lord

Nope it seems to take place after goblin. Where Sam has died and wolf gets Salem. The biggest clue to this is the movie theater convo which i believe is at the end of 2seater

It still sounds good sonically and it's not even that lyrically dense

You completely misinterpreted what I meant by level

I meant FAME level

>If the kid has the same height, genetics, and access etc etc
>If the kid is the exact same as Michael Jordan maybe he'll be as good

no shit

That's not Cherry Bomb
found OP
Might has well retired since he hasn't dropped anything and I can't see him progressing from Cherry Bomb.

Wolf was my favorite tho

I like all of them equally except for cherry bomb which is the best

besides trap lord and stay trippy and gucci's shit. what mainstream rapper was using trap beats in their albums in 2013?

Who says I was talking about 2013 specifically? You are really skilled at misinterpreting things. If you look at my post I clearly meant Tyler's whole career, not up until the point Wolf was released. Also

>ASAP Rocky - Fucking Problems
>2 Chainz - any of his releases
>Kanye West - Mercy
>Kendrick Lamar - Swimming Pools
>Waka - any of his releases
>Young Thug - Any of his releases
>RHQ - any of his releases
>Wayne - any of his releases
>Wale - quite a few trap songs in there
>French Montana - plenty of his releases
>Rick Ross - plenty of his releases

Note when I say "any" I don't mean literally any just that there is lots to choose from

Are you done playing dumb or did you just start listening to rap last year?

Or do I need to list ALL mainstream rappers to satisfy you?

It's supremely fake deep.

Mac Miller - Loud
Wiz Khalifa - anything off of Cabin Fever would probably suffice

Just remembered these too.

but Tyler's only getting better and ALLAH was Rocky's best project.

They're the only two that have the potential to reach Kanye's level and I hope we get something interesting from them linking up.

>ALLAH was Rocky's best project

FUCK no. Anybody who thinks that trash project was better than Live Love is insane.

Tyler definitely got better with Cherry Bomb but his lyrics are still complete ass

Tyler says cringey stuff every once and a while, but Earl is boring and pretentious, he puffs up his lyrics with meaningless bullshit to prove that he's a great lyricist.

LiveLoveAsap is boring as fuck.

this

What am I reading

>listens to Goblin once