Do americans really expect each other to tip?

Do americans really expect each other to tip?

Other urls found in this thread:

webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

There he is. There he goes again. Look, everyone! He posted it once again! Isn't he just the funniest guy around?! OMG! xD

I feel very uncomfortable not tipping

I just leave it to my loaded friend. Or my waiter friend who know the exact percents and has a little card in his wallet

yes

the idea is you pay the waitress a pittance and encourage them to give the customers a good experience, earning tips and enticing repeat customers while these customers pay the server directly

basically a way to keep waiters/waitresses on their toes and keep costs low

it really is from a different time.

S P O O K E D
P
O
O
K
E
D

White Americans are expected to tip.

If you don't tip, they give you a lot of shit and you're not allowed to return to the restaurant again.

If you don't tip enough, they don't outright give you shit, but they will spit in your food and ignore you and stuff nex time you go.

good goy

Why? They get paid either way and for the most part, if they're just delivering pizza or some shit, they don't deserve anything extra.

>be american
>have to tip your foreskin to the (((doctor)))

>i dont tip

I've worked retail. anything I can do to slightly relieve someone else's personal hell I am willing to do.

Americans are the definition of corporate cock guzzlers.

Business owners took the notion of rewarding good service and made it mandatory to cut back on their costs, while on the surface trying to make that good service also mandatory (If we pay extra, then we MUST be getting the best service!).

>Europeans getting triggered over the idea of voluntary charity.

Is it because they can't comprehend the idea of personal-choice?
Or is it because they can't comprehend the idea of money being exchanged in a way that isn't done through horrendous government taxation?

Europeans are right.

Voluntarily rewarding service monetarily is backwards and wrong.

We should be doing things that make more sense, like not being allowed to own a fucking TV without a license.

Yeah, they also want you to tip the person who you paid to cut your hair, serves you coffee at the counter, does anything for you..

As a burger you're expected to pay twice desu

>voluntary
If you don't tip they spit on your food, you're pretty much forced to tip.

I tip significantly lower than most people. 2-3 bucks on a $30 tab if the service is adequite. If they suck ass, nothing.

But I'll go 30% or more if they do a good job.

We're so used to giving European countries the tip that we started doing it at restaurants here.

Tipping isn't mandatory, you're a fucking retard if you tip. I've been to the same restaurant multiple times and never tip, and get excellent service. The money gets covered by the waiter by the restaurant so tipping is literally stupid.

>If you don't tip they spit on your food

Maybe in the ghetto.

If you like shit service the next time, then by all means don't tip anything. Not like it's required.

>Places you should tip

Any business you frequent often and where you will be recognized. Tipping consistently will ensure faster delivery/service/whatever

>Places you should not tip

Anywhere else. If you are only going to a place once (traveling) or very infrequently then tipping gives you no benefit.

Not true at all, they aren't legally allowed to bar you from any restaurant for deciding not to give extra money.

In our state, the make the same minimum wage as everyone else, but they also get tips on top of that. So, I tip much less in my state.

anyone else ever thought about how much spit and other shit you had in your foood?

Guys like this perpetuate the ruse that is tipping
You agree with the concept so strongly proving you're thoroughly brainwashed

No because if I don't tip I don't return to the restaurant for a while.

As an american who now lives in Australia it's a retarded system, in australia you only tip for good service as an extra thankyou to your service staff, where as back in America you're expected to tip at almost every single occasion and its considered rude if you don't unless the waiter was literally cursing at you and pissing in your food in front of you, you're expected to tip them for just doing a mediocre job at their job

That really doesn't happen that much, if at all. Most people aren't disgusting, so if an employee spits in someone's meal they'll be a level headed coworker to give them shit or outright snitch.

>get poor service
>complain to manager
>person gets fired if it continues

We have a culture that refuses to hold servers accountable for the quality of their service. It enables this mentality of "well he doesn't tip well so I'm just gonna be shit at my job."

I don't need to think about it. I've been back there before. That's why I tip anybody if I'm coming back.

Why do you guys pay someone just so they'll do their own job properly? Aren't they expected to give you good service regardless? that's a horrible system.

Spit doesn't taste like anything anyways, who cares? What you don't know can't hurt you. Plus most people don't even wash their hands before leaving the bathroom. Think about that.

Current waitstaff are the embodiment of the millennial problem we are dealing with; huge groups of young people who feel they deserve everything but don't want to put in the proper effort.

>don't tip qt waitress on purpose every time
>jack off in the bathroom later while thinking about how I swallowed her spit

No we don't. Maybe at some high class places, but most of these shit entry jobs, they're happy to keep any warm body they can get out there. People always cry about no work, but when I worked at those entry jobs, they're constantly in need of employees to fill in hours.

This is true in most cities. When I was laid off from my last job and waiting for my new proper one to start I went to a nearby place and got a job pretty much same day. Turnover is super high for these places.

>americucks complain about the wealth disparity muh wall street
>most of them work shitty tipcuck jobs that are designed to put the expense of the wagie on the consumers
>b-b-b-but muh 900 dollar plate of spaghetti without tipcucks
>extortion is good, pay that tip tax ordercuck

Why the fuck do people become waiters when they can work at Target or something and make more with better treatment?

You will not make more doing entry level retail. A waiter at even a mediocre place like Olive Garden is still likely going to clear better than $15 an hour, most of it untaxed.

I worked nights at a grocery store when I was 17 and made 13 dollars an hour and never had to deal with customers, on average I made about 450 dollars a week. Everyone else I worked with was either late teenagers or people in their early twenties.

Again, I don't see why waitstaff is such a common choice.

>make more

They wouldn't. Waiters are the most entitled pieces of shit there is. They cry foul when they don't get tips and spout muhh $2.83 min wage, but unless they live in bumfuck nowhere or are shit at their job, they make bank, which fuels their entitlement further when they have a slow day.

>americans are taken hostage by waiters with threats of spitting and fucking around with their food if they don't tip

You can make a ton more off tips than working $10/hr at Target depending on where you work. Honestly retail is fucking shit and they can treat you just as bad easily desu. I never recommend retail or fast food, unless you have nothing else. Just go find a job at some small local company if you want that sort of job.

I tip my friends for going out with me.

>Hey that's a nice plate of calzones you have there, would be a shame if something happened to it. But for an extra 20% I can make sure nothing does.

Tip money os supposed to go towards gas and vehicle problems that might occur on the job

For women, dudes throw tips at them.

My family was in the business and I watched over a number of places and you got all these betas tipping the girls like 50% a meal. They don't even make any moves, they just leave a bunch of tip each time. I know it's not normal because if it's a male server, they'll leave like a dollar or two.

Well women are impressed by money but you also have to look good. Well unless you're really rich.

Betas tipping chicks well isn't about impressing them, it's about being a white knight.

Don't waitors in America get paid like 2 dollars an hour? Hence the emphasis on tipping?

Yeah, I get what they're aiming for, but it seems like a waste when you don't even have the balls to talk to them.

That's the part they don't get. For a woman to just throw herself at a guy because of money it needs to be a lot. If you're paying with a Black card for example you can bet they'll make the first move.

My American girlfriend was out to dinner with her friend and he told her that black people always get poor service at restaurants since it's presumed blacks don't tip, is this true? What's wrong with your country?

yes, they regularly get literally 0 after taxation, so they need tips to have any sort of sallary

Nothing wrong with our country, blacks just don't tip.

Well except the federal laws that say they get paid minimum wage.

Was talking to my brother today and he told me this very thing. He also said that they often mumble their words in the hopes that you fuck up their order and have to give them a free meal.

I really hate niggers sometimes. fucking eternal victims.

>you have the option to pay more, if you don't say yes, you're an asshole!
Why it hasn't been reworked boggles my mind.
A) Mandatory 10-20% tip put on the bill
or
B) Law where waiters are paid a normal salary and not covered by the restaurant so not tipping isn't bad
Just stupid system that benefits some people some times, makes no sense as a job. Like I should pay someone more because they did a good job of writing something down and carrying things back and forth. You can either carry things and read or be illiterate and disabled in which case you shouldn't have a fucking job like that and should learn to fucking read.
Zero sense.

I worked a beach bar Fudpuckers one summer and made 2.7k in tips for service a month. people on vacay spend loads if they get good service

I don't doubt it. Niggas tend to be pretty rude and uppity. The worst thing for a server is fucking rude fuckers.

HOWEVER if your joint is a bit higher class or serves a specific demographic, like say you serve rich, vegetarian hipster crowd usually, blacks are the best desu. They tip well and are good for conversation usually.

>B) Law where waiters are paid a normal salary and not covered by the restaurant so not tipping isn't bad

webapps.dol.gov/elaws/faq/esa/flsa/002.htm

> If an employee's tips combined with the employer's direct wages of at least $2.13 an hour do not equal the Federal minimum hourly wage, the employer must make up the difference.

Gee, it's almost like we already have that.

they don't complain because they get more money from tips then a normal pay while holding on to a victim complex, they are scum.

>Law where waiters are paid a normal salary
Waiters in the USA are paid a normal hourly wage. It is the Federal minimum wage. But if everyone stopped tipping, they would still get paid as much as the guy working at McDonalds.

>young
>black
>probably a couple
>$163.40
>THAT RICH

prolly fake, but still

because american culture is pretty much food this and food that.

tips are included in minimum wage, ask any americlap wait staff

>americans have so shit pay that they must rely on tipping for a living

Poland tier shithole

>mumble their words in hopes you fuck up their order

I don't know, depends on the person, I've had nigs mumble shit during college classes, they just talk like that

>Pulp Fiction opening scene: The Thread

they literally are

personally i'd be more concerned with niggas dining and dashing on you.

>be american
>pay for your meal
>pay the staff too

Oh, you!

Doubt it. They can charge for the meal. Tips are optional.

>State of Clapistan

>go to local tavern with brother to get some fish and chips
>notice they are serving it on paper printed to look like newspaper
>it's not actually newspaper
>start quipping this observation to brother
>"this isn't even served on real newspaper, you know what that means, no tip"
>brother informs me that the waitress serving us was walking by when i said this
>kek
>she dropped the happy waitress act
>still tipped her

So a waitress seats me, leaves, comes back and takes my order, brings it to me 10 minutes later. All in all, less then 5 minutes of work devoted to my table.

Wait, I'm supposed to pay you why exactly?

Whatever the bill says.

>be American
>don't have living wage
>get disease
>too poor to get insurance
>hospital kicks you out to die in the street
>gets shot

AND THE HOME OF THE BRAAAAVVVEEE

>Living wage

We expect people to work.

>be European
>pay 60% of your salary in taxes