Just came back from the Suicide Squad premiere...

Just came back from the Suicide Squad premiere. It came out today in my country and I just went there ready to bash the shit out of it because schadenfraude.

Lowest fucking expectations ever, went in prepared (thanks Sup Forums) for something horrifying and boring as fuck and it just wasn't the horror I read about. Average capeshit, doesn't deserve the hate at all, or more like now that I have actually seen the thing I don't understand where it comes from. At the end I was only left with "that's what people are calling the worst thing ever? Did they watch only two movies in their lives?".

I'm not saying it was a masterpiece because it wasn't but I enjoyed it, maybe because it was a lot of us, but I had lots of fun. Packed theatre, too, with almost half of it of cosplayers. Very cute Harleys by the way.

tl;dr average capeshit, after seeing it the over the top negative hype makes no sense to me.

>Comparing Leto to Michael Emmerson's Joker

Fucking sinful.

perhaps, the shots line up well

Just thought it looked cool.

Speaking of which, Leto wasn't even the disaster I thought it'd be.

Except he sounded like a kid with a retainer due to those teeth caps.

Just saw it today, agree. Only serious problems:
-No motivations for half the characters. Why the fuck did Croc do anything? He basically went on a suicide mission when he went for the bomb, why did he even do that? It really sucks too because Croc's basically my favourite member of the Batman villian pantheon and he had no role here.
-Weird, weird soundtrack. Recognizable pop songs start up with no warning at random.
-A few too many meaningless scenes, like when Harley steals the purse. Clearly made exclusively for trailer play.
-All they needed was a bomb to "kill" an impossibly powerful sorcerer? And all they needed was to chuck something explosive in the swirly blue mist? Why didn't they just get Croc to throw a grenade in there from the ground outside the building?

Liked it better than Cap 2 I'll say that much. I way prefer the DC aesthetic to the shitty Marvel one.

This has been a common theme with Sup Forums and the DCEU. It's happened with every film so far.

>MoS released
>Sup Forums meme's on it and says it's the worst fucking thing, just a disgusting film
>Watch it
>It's actually pretty okay to good

>BvS comes out
>Sup Forums calls it even worse than MoS and an afront to cape films
>Watch it
>It's actually pretty good

>SS comes out
>Sup Forums calls it LITERALLY the worst fucking thing
>Watch it
>It's okay to good

I'm starting to think Sup Forums, being impressionable as fuck, has just bought in to what the critics say and is pushing it hard. I'd be willing to bet most haven't seen the film, or alternatively made up their mind before seeing it.

The DCEU is 6/10s at worst (MoS) and 7/10s at best (BvS/SS)

> And all they needed was to chuck something explosive in the swirly blue mist?

Odds are we're not getting a second one, so they really should have had Katana use her sword in some way to stop it. The power of those souls could counteract the magic, but she'd have to sacrifice her husband.

wish they spend more time as a team DESU

other than that Its a pretty enjoyable flick all the way through. Better than Civil War anyway which was fucking awful by any standard one uses to grade cinema

>List of marvel movies suicide squad is better than

Iron man 3
Captain America 1
Thor 2 (arguably 1)
Avengers 2

>Odds are we're not getting a second one
They've already started development user

Really? Huh. I wouldn't have expected. I mean, I didn't like it, but it seemed to have done alright but not great. I guess that's good enough for WB to give it the green light, though.

OP here.
I got no beef sorry I couldn't leave it be with Marvel because I enjoy the movies, so I'll not compare it to those. For what it's worth, I think all capeshit is basically the same.

I agree with your points, mostly.

Croc was just there but when It Ain't Me started playing I lost it visibly.

I thought the soundtrack would bother me more but it really didn't? Only the Without Me part was jarring. Why the fuck was that even there.
I enjoyed even the meaningless Harley scenes because holy shit Margot in IMAX 3D was something else. I'm literally in love, that's one beautiful fridge

Yes, they could have done something more with the ending. It was a letdown. Also, I don't think Cara's casting was a good choice but that might be me.

Last one, this is super divisive but I liked this version of the Joker. Absolute madman.

Someone add the AM THE JOKAH BAYBE guy.

This.

I hope they let Ayer's work with his smaller budget and go with an R rating.

(ayer said he dislikes huge budget flicks)

No one has ever made a movie worse than Iron Man 3.

Captain America 1 was fun though. (all the avenger flicks were awful and thor is boring)

Thor is legitimately the most boring.

I think that'll change with Thor: Ragnarok though.

>Sup Forums meme's on it and says it's the worst fucking thing, just a disgusting film
>Sup Forums calls it even worse than MoS and an afront to cape films

I feel I have a right to ask AREEEYOUKIDDINGMEE

Shit was good. Critics need to stop hating

I didn't like it. There were too many different story lines that they crammed together, ultimately they all suffered because none of them were properly fleshed outand. Also the characters suck. Why were boomerang and Harley even there? They could've gotten any muscular idiot and any person with a bat to replace both characters and it would've been exactly the same.

I am moderately hyped. I just want a good Thor because I liked his comics (well when Walt Simonson wrote it)

that being said...I'll watch it when its on tv...fool me once shame on you...fool me three times and I'm an idiot

i have no friends and nothing to do tonight

i was thinking of going to the strip club (drop 125 dollars)

or should i go see suicide squad

Watch the movie and fap to harley quinn.
there i saved you 125$
Buy a game man.

>Catched