What can Sup Forums tell me about bipolar disorder?

What can Sup Forums tell me about bipolar disorder?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RJ44q_5uMM4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

its a made up disorder

In a nutshell, you feel like a woman especially during her period.

Real talk though, get help from a professional,

I hear it's like depression, another attention seekers "disease".

As is existence itself. Try to prove otherwise if you must.

Depression + Anxiety + Mood Swings + Insomnia which is related to the anxiety.

I had a psychotic break in August 2015, was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. I had hallucinations and delusions that I was Christ and Lucifer at the same time, I went to a psych ward for 2 months until I was back to normal. I constantly am depressed and think about the past and I always have cringe-inducing memories. But it could be worse. Some people have a combination of bipolar and schizophrenia, called schizoaffective disorder. I'm not sure if I have this but I think I just have bipolar with psychotic features. Can answer questions if you wanna know more

I constantly get long stints of being over the top happy for weeks on end, then i'll wake up feeling like a bag of shit. Find it hard to sleep just staying awake constantly panicing about things. felt like this since i was really young. Issue is, going to a professional could really ruin things for me.

What is the detrimental impact if I only take one of the two lithium capsules prescribed daily? I remember the xanax, celexa and seroquel but the lithium always gets me because it's the only one I take twice.

Is this a major negative impact on my condition?

i have schizoaffective disorder :/ it has its upsides. lots of downside though..

That's hypomania for you. I would seek out professional help before you go full blown manic tho. I ended up on probation after my manic/psychotic episode. I also wake up every night now, but this has only been since February of this year.

Fucking myers-briggs assessments. I was an INTJ to the extreme.

Honestly, I would look into trying Invega Sustenna. You take pills for about a week or two, then you upgrade to a monthly injection. Then that in turn upgrades to an injection every 3 months. If you don't wanna do that I would take the medication as prescribed to reduce the chances of decompensation

It has its ups and downs but with proper medication it is easily managed.

I've had it diagnosed when i was in middle school.

Ask away

Just, being diagnosed with someone like this could potentially screw my life up a lot. Is there ANY other way around it without going to a professional? Or maybe a professional who'll keep it quiet?

Do you have hallucinations everyday or only during mood changes?

check'd

I'll tell you what it's like.

It's hell. It makes you do stupid, impulsive shit one day, sometimes making idiot purchases and draining your bank account, sometimes doing outlandish, childish crap for validation. When you're on a high cycle, you feel like the king of the world, like you can do anything (and you tell everybody as much.) You want to "start a band," even though you nor anyone you know plays any instruments, or "direct a movie" with nothing but a shitty phone camera and insist it's going to "make it big."

Then the depression sets in. You drink because being drunk is easier than being alone with your thoughts. You stay in bed for days at a time, sometimes up to a week or more. You don't bathe, you don't socialize, you think about suicide every day. The future is always going to be the worst of all possible outcomes, and nothing you do matters. Your life has no meaning, so you might as well end it all.

Then you start taking meds. They take a few weeks to start working, but once they kick in you feel a strange numbness. Life doesn't hurt anymore, but the high is gone also. You go through the motions, going to work, watching some tv, going to bed. But everything feels gray. Not bad exactly, just neutral. Your life is now about taking your pills and getting through the day. You're no longer impulsive, and you're better with your money, but the creative spark is gone.

Also, it completely fucks your relationships if you stay unmedicated. Everything is about you, and you can't get out of your own head. It prevents you from forming any real connections with anybody, and you're prone to pushing people away.

It's absolute shit and I wouldn't wish it on anybody.

I'm guessing you're trying to join the military? Well you could just wait it out and maybe you'll only have the mood swings. Not everybody has a psychotic break/full blown manic episode. But I wouldn't recommend it

Side effects from MK Ultra

I'm going to assume that you're in the States, I don't have any knowledge outside of the United States. By law, a professional CANNOT disclose ANYTHING without your consent. If they do, then you can sue them and they'll lose their license. It is also illegal for employers to ask about existing illnesses, mental illness included.

Get in touch with your insurance company and find a good therapist. Don't be afraid to try different therapists, some are better than others and some you'll get along better with.

>former psych major, been diagnosed with BP1 when I was 17. I'm 25 now and in college. You can make it.

Smoke weed, faggot. Works for me.

The first 2 paragraphs are bang on.

I can tell you that very few people actually know what it is. Most people (including a lot of the responses in this thread), just think it is being irritable.

this. it's just moody teenage girls

Could you please elaborate on preventing you from forming any real relationships with people?
What is it exactly that is the cause of this?
Is there any way to maintain a lasting relationship?
Do meds help better connect with people or no?

Having states of euphoria lasting hours on end ending up in massive depressive states wanting to kill your self.Yeah totally made up there

I'm not sure on that one. I need the xanax in order to fund my weed expenses. I know, I know...but it's a viscious fucking cycle. That is how it works in America...with Obama-fucking care...when you're holding for a social security hearing. Spoiler...plan to wait 24 months after your two denials before it which are 8-12 months and of itself. You'll get starved out because nobody will hire you...work your food stamps off for the county because your fucking clinic has practicioners and their letters saying " this guy can't work" mean shit.

They will, however, jump through hoops when you get to the point where you're ready to kill yourself and maybe a few assholes you wouldn't mind taking with you.

Not because they care. Because if you kill yourself THEY fucking failed too and maybe will lose an hour of sleep sometime over it. Or maybe cry during silver linings playbook.

The more I think of it....I better stop before this becomes fucking evidence!!!

No disorder can keep you from developing healthy relationships with people. Unless you're a psychopath or something. But I doubt that's the case. It's just making excuses honestly. The meds just regulate your mood and keep you stable

>massive depressive states wanting to kill your self
if they're are sooo massive why haven't you actually killed yourself? because your a bitch.

I feel the need to say something.

For those who are suffering from mental illnesses in this thread, you can, and will overcome it. You need to be willing to fight and you need to be willing to fight hard. This is not easy, not at all, but you have to be willing to wake up in the morning, look at yourself in the mirror, and remind yourself that you deserve good things in life and that you can overcome your illness.

Remember that treatment is threefold - therapy, medication, and the willingness to fight. If one of these is missing, you'll lose. You guys are better than that, you deserve to be happy. You CAN be happy, you just have to fight.

Why havent you killed your self either?
Having your brain spamming you with chemicals to kill your self is in no way shape or form the response of your conscience mind

Because I have a more massive urge to kill some random asshole that really deserves it.

You're a damn smart fellow. I wish you'd post your contact info so I could get in touch and let you give me some more counsel.

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society.

>therapy
Therapy is pointless and very useless.Interpersonal and cbt are a waste of time, and all that is offered in modern medicine.
Proper medication is the biggest factor here

You are never happy, you just exist

Well you can always just drop the lithium, get on the Invega, and still be prescribed Xanax too. I think you said seroquel too? The Invega would replace that. But Xanax is for completely different things than Invega. Invega is an antipsychotic that also acts as a mood stabilizer

For me, the meds helped immensely with forming better relationships (although it took about a year and change of adjusting my dosages.)

The main cause, for me, was being too self-centered. I was always inside of my own head. It's not that I didn't care about my friends and family, I still loved them, but my problems always took priority. It was either a) whatever I was doing needed all of my attention and energy, or b) nothing mattered, so why should I care about other people?

These days, I actively listen to the people in my life and don't redirect every conversation to be about my new ideas/problems. Medication gets me out of my head and back into the world around me.

Because I'm a cock sucker and really just trolling in here hoping someone will say anything that I can use as an excuse to say I also have a condition

But I don't

Except for being a cock sucker.

935 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW. Washington, D.C come get me

You have a condition,sociopathy,go kill some cats and trap people on tinder

samefag

Maybe. But I often feel that the psychopath in me is the best part and hesitate to have it taper off.

Honestly...and look at the assholes everywhere...even in this thread...don't you really think one should have some psychopath in them to deal with that?

Good post
Some people need therapy too. I know when I'm having delusions and I talk to my therapist about them they go away or at least become insignificant enough to ignore. Happiness is attainable by anyone willing to put in the effort to be happy

>lasting hours

Needs to be at least four days for a hypomanic episode and one week for a manic episode.

For me it was a vicious cycle tbh, depression isolated me and hypomania made me an asshole, things got better with meds, but i really have to put myself out there to develop a healthy social relationship and all the shit i've done during hypomanic episodes it's pulling me down... not impossibile, as you were saying, but it takes effort instead of coming naturally.

Not even.

Can any anons help me understand my mind?
It feels like I have different personalities but they are all still me
Some days I will feel at ease, I'll be more calm and caring, will go out of my way to help strangers with no second thoughts
Some days I feel empty or full of rage and hatred, completly lack empathy, I won't care about people at all
For me its weird because sometimes I am able to care about other people and other times I am simply unable to until something "clicks"

Is that you Barney Frank?

So easy to spot one person smarter than the prick smart asses, huh? It's not tough, really.

This lithium coursing in my veins stops the mania and depression,but now im stuck in an area of grey.Im not happy,but it dosent bother me that im not happy.I exist

everything I love makes me sad except when it makes me happy

You have to make yourself happy. Therapy will help you learn how to do that. It will help you learn how to deal with your problems in a healthy way. It will teach you how to cope with your mental illness. Medication is a part of it, but it is not the entire solution.

You can be happy, but if you believe you can't be happy, then you've given up.

Psychopathy and psychosis are two different things. If you are truly a psychopath there is no medication for that. But if you are at risk for psychosis (delusions and hallucinations), it's best that you treat it. You're already on an antipsychotic if you take seroquel

here's your binky go cry about your bipolar pussy.

>edgy

You are right, bpd type three has really fast alternating mood swings tho. Same with nsbpd

Poke the animal with a stick. Yes, that's it. There's no way the animal sees everything, including every step you take. You're safe. And by you, I mean all of you. Any of you. You never know.

youtube.com/watch?v=RJ44q_5uMM4

Actually though, look up DSM5 diagnostic criteria for a hypomanic or a manic episode. This is why people don't actually know what it is and think that if they can be happy one moment and sad the next moment they are "bipolar", when actually they are moody attention seekers.

Therapy helped me to get out of that state of mind, maybe can help you too.

I understand this. I have done many embarrassing and asshole-ish things during hypomania (not even full blown mania just regular hypomania.) and my depression does cause me to isolate. I had a lot of bad friends in my life, recently just cut off most of them.

Sometimes it's for the best. yes it will be a struggle; friends were so much easier to come by in high school. But you just have to work on socializing and yes you do have to put yourself out there. You can come by a million bad relationships before you find a good one. Just don't let the bad ones ruin it for the people that will want to be a good friend

Bipolar III doesn't exist, its called cyclothymia. Yet another reason that most people don't know what Bipolar disorder is, people like to muddy the waters and incorrectly use terms.

Do you really think, me having made the previous comment, that I didn't know that?

And I'm sure you know that psychopaths lead and rule in this world. From Wall St. to your street, in every way....only psychopaths have the balls to do what needs to be done.

Empathy? Haha, what a delusion.

Go slip up do something that'll let me track back your real ip.

It's the lack of control of energy output so you use all your neurochems too quickly then get withdrawals as well, it causes a negative psychological state which makes access to the neurochems harder and then when you finally get something good to give access if you havnt changed you use it all up again in short you have to control your appreciation to fix it and look for positive things when you're down

Lol, just kidding pussy. That would require one second of my time. More that it's worth. This? This is just for fun. I have no regard for anything that anyone thinks. Seriously.

>who is Winston Churchill
>who is Ghandi
>who is MLK

Come on, now. You can't be this ignorant.

I have this problem as well. I have had color coded thoughts for years; green and red. When I'm having green thoughts, I feel like a good person and I feel nice. But when I have red thoughts I feel evil, antisocial, and easily angered. I don't know what this state of mind switching means, but it could just be mood swings. When I talk to my therapist about the red thoughts they go away for a while, so there's that.

I'm a Clyinical psychologist, you can't begin to understand how many family doctors i had to correct about this.

>clynical

>Clyinical psychologist

Not a real doctor. What criteria are you using people to "diagnose" bipolar disorders, or, wait, is that outside your scope of practice?

Interesting to know im not the only one that deals with this, i never considered them color coded, when you are having your green thoughts do you dislike your other side?

Type three is the "non specified bipolar disorder", i work with this shit buddy.

This must be bait.

Cyclothimia is just depression, get your facts straight since you speak about mudding the waters.

women.

>what is a doctorate

There are many types of doctors. It's a misconception that there are only doctors in medicine because it is the most common, outside of academia. A doctorate is an accomplishment in education.

Are you trying to make the point that psychopaths don't rule the world? And you're, further, trying to point to me as ignorant?

Sigh, let me educate you. All of the mother fuckers you mentioned are dead AND highly over fucking rated in many ways like how MLK liked to get pussy on the side even though he was supposedly a preacher. Plus that shit making people call him Dr. He wasn't a fucking doctor. Churchill was a pussy that was laughted at by FDR and Stalin at the end of WW2 so what's your point?

On my side, the psychopaths:

- Donald Trump, like him or fucking not
- Every banker on Wall St.
- Every high ranking corporate official
- How about Bill Belicheck if you want to look at sports
- If you must cite dead people, who had more impact during their time than Adolph fucking Hitler and you know he had some psycho in him...like 100%.

Hey, just fucking forget it. Think what feels good and makes you comfortable. It's a homo sapien trait and you've all got it to varying degrees. What's your prescripions...you empathetic meat puppets?

Yes. The green thoughts are often completely opposite to the red thoughts, and is usually accompanied by a slight religious delusion. When I'm green I think of Christianity, when I'm red I think of Islam. When I'm green I have a more positive outlook, when I'm red I have a negative outlook on the world. Usually when I'm red I think I know the truth that others don't know, and I feel evil. But I always dismiss this because who wants to feel evil and negative right?

You sound like a psychopath to me.
And you don't seem like you're running the world.

>He wasn't a fucking doctor.
It's funny to see someone with no more than a GED deny that someone had a doctorate.

If you are really interested i can explain that, if you are trolling i'm not wasting my time, to be clear tho, we work with psychiatrist in hospitals

Most of us are like that tbh.

it's like this

Clinical =\= Dynamic

I know, I'm a psychiatry resident.

my wife has it.

bipolar II

ask me amnything

Do you beat your meat and skeet on her feet?

so a woman

>strawman

I did not say they were perfect. I am making a point that they strongly influenced the world without being what you define as a "psychopath". Hell, look at Lincoln. There are sick people in this world, yes, but not everyone who are, and was, a psychopath who "runs" the world. You're heavily mistaken.

So you make your decisions based on what SEEMS to be?

You take the notion of psychopaths running the world, with relevant living examples cited, and to you it means every psychopath does?

And I have a college degree. And actual one, not the honorary kind. In business. And since you're so hot to tout Marty, what was his degree in and was it honorary?

Oh, and did you think that regardless of all that MLK was a huge success? If you mean getting attention and shit, yes. If you mean actually changing things for the better, you're wrong.

If MLK were alive today he'd realize utter failure in the BLM rallies and all the extreme racism from the minority base in the year 2017. They completely strayed from his teachings.

One minute you want to suck a warm, dreamy creamy log if shit from Andy Sixx's asshole, the next minute you don't.

It's absolute hell because a normal brain always wants that creamcorned Sixxlog. Luckily I got a script of logpill and life is now normal

Cool where do you live? I'm in europe and i would like to know how you and you psy team work there

yes because i've never met a man with this retarded excuse to act a cunt whenever you feel like it

Academia and medicine aren't even the only ones (though the most common).

Confirmed psychopath.
>noted and logged

I also majored in philosophy so you're going to look bad if you drag this out. I addressed the three fucking examples in the smug retort that had been presented to me above.

Oh, is that a problem?

Then I gave you an abundant list of people...you know...people who are FUCKING ALIVE in the year 2017 who rule the world and you couldn't deny that.

Let me go ahead and add to the psychopath list:

- Leadership of the catholic church
- Leadership of a lot of the other churches
- The fundamentalist muslim terrorists (in a bad way, but they get their shots in)
- How about the megalomaniacs who run Hollywood and the entertainment business?

All, by the way, alive today in the year 2017.

If you have not actually been diagnosed with antisocial personality disorder, I highly doubt you're a psychopath. You just sound angsty, edgy and delusional to be honest

>I have a college degree.
>In business.

This sums it up perfectly.

I hated the meds. Everything flatlined and I didn't feel human anymore.