I have a nearly 400lb slob on social media that's constantly posting about how he's a correctional officer...

I have a nearly 400lb slob on social media that's constantly posting about how he's a correctional officer, and all kinds of shit. Always talking about when he's going to work. When he gets off work, and constantly posting memes about how bad ass correctional officers are. Are they really as bad ass as he says?

>pic related

One of the many memes he posts.

He's also in his 30's and this is his second job ever. He's only worked for probably 2 years of his life. His job before this was a security guard.

I'm 18 and a corrections officer, it's not a hard job tbh.

I'm pretty sure my friend thinks he's a cop.

it depends where you work

In the UK there's a few big prisons that are FUBAR and working in one of those as a prison officer requires balls

This is in the USA and in a very small town lol.

no.there normal people dude.iv been to prison and strangely at least half the gaurds were lardos or skellies

No, no they're not. I worked 8 months in a jail before i got out on the street. For the most part they're the ones that tried and failed.

Well, I know more prison guards, and you'd rarely ever hear them even mention their job. The only other dude I've heard brag about being a prison guard was this dude that's like 140lbs and 5'6 probably.

Not at all, I went to jail for a bullshit traffic issue. For some background, I am college educated and have held several mid-high tier corp management positions.

Not only are the CO's lazy af, they're inept and as others have said; out of shape as well. They can't answer basic questions and seem to be highschool level functioning at best. Aside from that, due to these people, the jail runs poorly - people do not receive medications, nobody can get information on their legal issues. Hell, my family came to drop off some medication for me and put money on my account to buy food, waited for 3 hours and spoke to 2 people and nobody ever helped. Came back again, delivered the medicine and added the money on the account, I never received my medicine or money even a week later. Had to fill out a request form to get information on it (took hours to get the form) then had to find a pencil (one stub of a pencil to a room of 30 people) and even then still never received the information. I saw the CO's walking around eating ice cream and snacks and banging their batons/hands on the cages more than anything else. Otherwise they just sit in an office behind a two way mirror and play on the computer. If it were any other organization it would crumble in less than a week.

That sounds about right. What a bunch of lazy fucks.

Oh, and let me add that nobody, at least where I was happened to be violent or over the top crazy hard to handle criminal. They were regular people and just complied when the CO's were around. The inside of the jail area pretty much ran itself, people sharing resources and working together etc. CO's were essentially there to antagonize people and run around the people who were doing jail work for free.

I've been a CO for 6 years. The job is 90% babysitting, 5% watching inmates fight, and 5% going hands on with inmates. Contraband is out of control in the 30+ prisons I've been in. Dirty staff and packages thrown over the fences. I've been the armorer and firearms instructor for my facility for almost 4 years so I don't see the yard too much anymore. I clean and maintain the fleet of weapons and security equipment. Being a CO is a thankless job as it should be. 95% of COs are trash.

Been to jail for extended period of time, DO NOT BELIEVE THEIR "BADASS" STORIES.

The vast majority of them, from my own experience are enormous pussies, lazy, useless. The way a lot of jails are set up these days (I've been to two) is a circular-style set-up. Meaning the block is shaped like a circle with about 40-50 cells. One dumb fuck CO sits at a desk in the middle and pretends to do paperwork or fuckoff and do nothing for 8-12 hours at a time. They will fuck with you as much as they can because they know you can't get to them through the cell door. Literally every time the CO walked past my cell I pitch a cup of juice or piss or whatever I had on hand at him when they opened the slots for food trays. Never once did he do anything to retaliate. When everyone was sleeping and half the lights were off, I would spend hours calling him the fattest fucking piece of waste faggot bitch motherfucker and, although I could tell it was getting to him at his little desk, he was still too shook to come over and tell me to shut the fuck up or anything. I'd step out of my cell when the nurses came by to hand out meds and be face to face with him and tell him how much I'd love to bust his fucking skull against the wall, no retaliation. The two times there WERE knock-down drag-out fights in a cell the pussy just stood outside the cell, was scared to open the door and just calmly tried to tell these two gorillas beating the shit out of each other to calm down and stop it RIGHT NOW! No balls whatsoever. Jail isn't fucking Shawshank but you can get your shit fucked up real quick if you say the wrong thing, even by accident, to the wrong people. It's not the CO's you need to worry about it's the other guys in there with you. In jail you're sitting for months with people who have charges ranging from DUIs to double homicides and shit and you don't know who's in for what unless they tell you but you NEVER ask, ever.

Keep in mind there is a huge difference between COs at jails and COs at prisons. Jails are short term inmate housing. Prisons are long term where your day to day mentality matters way more. You see a lot of those people every day for years and years so working relationships and mutual respect is paramount to active the goal of mostly peaceful incarceration

you sound like a pussy user.im definitely not saying that COs aren't, but why would you pick on and harass someone you know runs a high risk of being fired if they retaliate and then go on to brag about it on a basket weaving forum?

Bro, the only difference between a CO and an inmate is the inmate got caught.

[cont] You gotta realize that while YOU might be in there for something stupid like child support or slinging a little dope and have 3-6 months, your roommate or someone else on the block could be walking the basketball court waiting for his trial where he's facing life without parole. You don't just bebop around an environment like that joking and try to make buddies or telling everyone "hey i've only got 20 days left" because when you DO accidentally piss off that one guy who's up for murder, if he already knows he's headed to prison for 15+ years then busting some dumbasses head open in county jail means next to nothing and he WILL do it because it builds cred for him not only on the county block but people will have heard of it at the prison he's going to before he even gets there. Best advice just shut the fuck up, speak when spoken to, don't offer up any personal info about you or your outside life and sure as fuck don't go in there trying to puff out your chest and mean-mug people because someone will most definitely test you and likely knock some of your teeth out. No other prisoner's going to step in and break up a fight and to get the hard-hitting SWAT-level motherfuckers in the block with the muscle and gear to break it up takes 10 minutes+. I don't know if you've ever been in a real bare knuckle fight but they're usually over in ~2-3 minutes. Now imagine some guy who's not going to stop until someone literally pulls him off of you and there's a LOT of time for serious damage. Also, both counties (large metro areas) never once saw or heard of a rape, showers aren't wide open it's single-person showers with a half door that latches on the inside, most of the time people just asked for shit to read or watched the one TV hanging on the wall watching movies like Resident Evil or John Wick or whatever the fuck.

idgaf if some weeb thinks im a pussy on a "basket weaving forum", you got spend 23 hours a day locked down in a 7x10 and tell me how much fun you have. OP asked if CO's are "badass" and I'm telling him they're not. Regular CO's don't even do shit like cell extractions they call in their jail-verson of SWAT to do all that. CO's literally walk a circle around the block, do body count, then sit on their ass the other 10 hours of their shift and do nothing. CO's harass prisoners just as much as the other way around, so it's fair play when you're locked up. There might be 1 in 10 that are okay enough to just ignore but the other 9 are shitbags, out of shape faggots who probably wanted to be cops and couldn't cut it for a number of reasons.

Not only that but a CO isn't going to get fired for retaliation because at your disciplinary hearings it's your word vs theirs (plus any other CO that might be around) so it ends up in their favor every single time.

You're either some punk ass bitch CO yourself or have a dad who is, clearly you've never been locked up and it goes without saying I'd make you my bitch if we ever crossed paths so cheers to you, faggot.

We let niggers on our internet and THIS is the lie we get? Bitch nigger, you better write a better lie in the next thread.

Faggots calling people faggots. What a world

uh, you are likely making most of this up or some bullshit.

i've been to prison. i did hard time followed by dorm prison. hard time spending 21 hours a day in my cell with the worst offenders imaginable is easy af. you get 3 periods of 20 minutes to eat at the chow hall. you got two hours of "rec" to shower, call someone, watch tv, bullshit.

the dorm life was much different, free range criminals. thats when shit got weird. i once almost got my ass beat because a dude was walking around with pencil shavings trying to set me up as bumping in to me and spilling his weed. he said i had to spend $30 of my commissary on him. i bought him a pack of debbies and told him to fuck off.

you were in a cell, if you're being serious. you were caged and had nothing to worry about. you're clearly making this shit up.

more of this man's memes.

honestly the amount of cum they probably eat unbeknownst to them is something to be regarded.

damn shame their jobs will be eliminated by robots

I didn't even read all your post because to me it sounds like your just a dumb nigger whod get the fucking tv turned off.

>you sound like a pussy user

>clearly never seen or read the Standford Prison Experiment

Don't try to make a CO sound like some innocent faggot, they're anything but that. Ask for a Bible/Koran to read (which is lawfully required in jail)? "Oh, what you need to read that for?" Helping pass out food trays with the trustees to get it done quick and spills your cup of juice on purpose (one of three cups of drink you get a day)? "Oh well, hope the food's not to dry for you lol" Fuck outta here. CO's get everything they deserve and you'd know that if you ever got locked up. You give respect and get respect, if they play that game of fucking around cutting your rec time and other bullshit (which they do constantly for no reason) they're going to get it from eveybody on the block. Why the fuck do you think shit like Attica went down dumbass? It wasn't because the prisoners were all bored one day, you clueless fucking mook.

>you sound like a pussy user

>clearly never seen or read the Standford Prison Experiment

Don't try to make a CO sound like some innocent faggot, they're anything but that. Ask for a Bible/Koran to read (which is lawfully required in jail)? "Oh, what you need to read that for?" Helping pass out food trays with the trustees to get it done quick and spills your cup of juice on purpose (one of three cups of drink you get a day)? "Oh well, hope the food's not to dry for you lol" Fuck outta here. CO's get everything they deserve and you'd know that if you ever got locked up. You give respect and get respect, if they play that game of fucking around cutting your rec time and other bullshit (which they do constantly for no reason) they're going to get it from eveybody on the block. Why the fuck do you think shit like Attica went down dumbass? It wasn't because the prisoners were all bored one day.

>likely making most of this up
>I've been to prison

Learn to read dumbass, I did my time in JAIL not PRISON totally different environments and we both know it. At least you got 3 hours out day, we got 1. None of it's easy time but I know county is way more hectic and everybody's trying to hurry and get to prison where you actually have some structure, have a routine, get a job and spend more time out your cell. Believe me or not I'm sure jail/prison is different in Alaska than Montana than Georgia so we're all going to have different experiences all I was doing was answering OP's question from MY experience.

never said COs didn't suck ass.most everything yall said about them was true but it is pretty dumb to fuck with them.i mean they've got a little bit of control on your life.and theres so little to be gained from fucking with them.the only way I could see a tangible benefit from its like some shit like they turned the tv off for a bs reason so you keep kicking the door bugging the fuck out of them to get it turned on.
and yeah I think the COs would run at least a 1/6 or 1/5 chance of getting fired for doing stupid shit.i mean you got cameras there. hard to tell who could end up seeing those.lots of inmates and you never know one of them could have rich family whod get an investigation going or some shit if COs are busting heads.and the top reason is one of the other gaurds is liable to spill the beans to

Never got the TV turned off, in fact the one decent CO would leave the TV on even when we were on lockdown so we could see/hear it from the food slot which was better than nothing in the grand scheme of things. That and you could just pop your lock yourself with a wad of paper and a piece of one of the spoons if you weren't stupid about it so if the right CO was around you could hop out with one of the groups getting rec and manage 2 or 3 if you did it the right way.

In jail it doesn't matter what family members you have. You've got 30 min-1hour maybe to make phone calls but it's brick fucking walls. Your mom's not going to write a letter to the warden and change shit wtf. You're there and yeah they have control over you for the most part but the worst they can do is put you in the hole after writing you up a disciplinary report. When you've got literally nothing to do, read, write, watch tv maybe 20 minutes a day you'll take any entertainment you can get even if it means fucking with a CO and getting sent to the hole. I mean if you're scared of that shit it's on you and it's not enjoyable but it's definitely doable and you're right back in your old cell after 3-7 days so why wouldn't you fuck with a CO for some laughs? I can't believe some faggot like you on Sup Forums would be crying so much about that shit when you're literally on this website for nothing but shits and giggles it's the exact same concept only in real life you sound like a soft little bitch tbh. "hur hurr lets raid and dox people for the lulz but saying some mean stuff to a CO is so out of bounds" Go off yourself you hypocritical fuckboi.

This 26yo Army vet I worked with became a CO. He thought he was the shit. When his wife wrnt to take her driving test, he put on his CO outfit on his day off so they guy would "cut her some slack".

This is the same man who threw a blender at his mom. But wouldnt fight a 52 yo man.

Wow... That sounds about fucking right.

>you're clearly making shit up
like you spilling some nigger's weed then paying him off with a single pack of little debbie's? Fuck outta here clown, this isn't a dick measuring contest. Like i said, I answered OP's ? from my experience and I could give a fuck less if you and your little debbies believe me or not.

in my small ass town your family can make a difference.a dude came in there whos in family owned a very large portion of the reality in the town.he went straight to the trustee cell and had street clothes and pizza sent in when no one else did.do you think theyed bust someones head in with the chance it might be that guys friend.fuck no they value their employment and home.and you have a point about me being a soft ass pussy perhaps your right but your certainly not badass for fucking with COs and possibly a little bit slow for doing so

This guy knows his shit.
Mind your own. If you can. Hard for a lot of State facalities.

Give respect and get respect. Ive seen vids of peisoners saving sheriffs and CO lives. Ive also seen some get shanked just depends on if ur a piece of shit.
Yoy got someone locked up 23 hrs a day in a little closet like space you be assure they have a lot of pebt up anger and a lot of pride for the little the do.

ITT: faggots who finally can use their experience as a felon for bragging rights on 4chins. I have news for you fellas...you are degenerates, who probably should still be in prison. Judging from the way you write, you certainly won't be contributing anything to society - except ensuring my fries are well salted and that, yes sir, I did put extra packets of ketchup in with your order.

> Be fat fuck who isn't even a real cop
> constantly terrorize inmates
> the only reason they don't fuck you up is because if they do that's another 10 years
> enjoy performing cavity searches

Fucking CZECHED!!!!!!!!!

il ensure your moms eyes are well salted with my cum

So you knew he was running game on you and you still baught him something?
Fucking pussy

agreed

Well done. I mean, that's how I like my burger. I'm sure you learned those marketable skills while institutionalized.

>baught
>former convict

kek.

I think he beat his wife too.
She was a korean immigrant. Well married so legal. Educated. But alone with no English in America adhering to Korean culture they ntdont talk about this shit. But i seen some bruises on her legs and arms. He sseems like the type.

Not only did I not go down for felonies, after time served on both convictions my plea got my record wiped and I work for one of the largest financial institutions in the country so you can keep hating yourself for how much your life sucks while I'm busy planning my next 3 week vacation to the Virgin Islands next month dipshit. I know you felt good for about half a second thinking that your life was at least better than one other person on the planet but I gotta bust your bubble. Maybe work on your networking skills, stop being some closet faggot hermit, get out there and stop being afraid to do actual honest work and you can get on my level one day. For fuck's sake I spent over a year in jail total and I'm still ahead of you at life. Feels good. :^)

Spelling doesnt count much on the inside so keep laughing till u get ur wig split.

Not the guy ur posting to but good shit user.
Any financial advice u can give me?

man it blew my mind some of the spelling I seen in prison.people asking me to read there letters and writeing like homer simpson or some shit

I've noticed like 95% of people that go to prison end up becoming career criminals, and the other 4% end up getting out and hating their lives. However, 1% actually do exceptionally well. If you're not bullshitting, congrats on being successful.

If I was in your unit and you kept me up all night yelling shit at the co. I'd fucking stick you 1st. chance I'd get faggot.

dubs confirm.in the joint the loud door banging nigger is first to die

Theres a never ending supply of loud ass nigs, one goes and two spawn. Its incredible

I worked in medical in several prisons. The only difference between the guards and the inmates, in my estimation, were the uniforms. Guards were incredibly stupid (One actually asked me if neosporin cured herpes). They were violent and bullying. Not all of them, but the ones that weren't didn't stop the bad ones.

Thanks buds it took a lot of work for sure but it's smooth sailing now. I'll reiterate I did my bids in jail not prison and I'm not a felon so that made it exponentially easier to get back on my feet I'm sure. Just focus, be ready to bust your ass for a year+ and stay away from the friends (dumbasses) that will pull you back into that lifestyle (cliche I know but it's the truth and it's easier said than done but It's possible man just keep at it.)

You could try I guess, good luck with that. I sure as fuck wouldn't lose any sleep over your dumbass. For all that talk you don't seem to realize that 99.99999% of fights in county are settled with fists. It's not some stupid ass show you've watched and think you know shit. You go to the corner, knuckle up, and have "rec time" while four or five other people watch to make sure the CO's not coming. It's not OZ where they got machetes and shit get real chomo.

You're welcome, Sup Forumsro.

I have all the resources to do great things, but:

#1: Keep associating with idiot friends.

#2: Play video games all the time.

#3: Do all of this, because I'm depressed. The more I do it, the more depressed I get, because I feel like a loser.

Thus, it's a vicious cycle. That's why I understand how hard it fucking is to be successful. A lot of people seriously won't sacrifice just a single year of ass-busting work to achieve an entire life of great success.

Not trying to be tpp nosy, but can i ask what kind of a traffic issue? I feel like you wouldn't be serving weeks+ unless it was reckless endagerment or a repeated duii

>without any weapons

You fucking retarded, bro?

>watch over hundreds of angry niggers and beaner who hate your guts
>make sure everyone on facebook knows who you are and what you do

Fucking moron's probably gonna get killed by a gang one day.

what the fuck are you on about nigger?98% of fights in my county were settled by two grown men just yelling at each other and talking shit then feeling big for having done so

I always wonder what type of person would willingly choose to spend the all day in a jail, particularly b/c most normal people actively avoid going to jail.

W.C. Fields said "If you want to see the scum of the Earth, go to your local jail... at shift change."

He was right.

I had a dui, but that wasn't why they locked me up. I was late to court because I had a job interview and doctors appt before court. Showed up a little late with documentation I was trying to get my shit together and instead of giving me a new court date they locked me up.

Homeless people and others who ended up in the system and got out but were too institutionalized to function outside of jail. There was one guy where I was at who would do minor crimes to get locked out for 30 days or so at the time, sometimes a little more supposedly in the winter etc. Apparently the jail people gave him laundry duty, he lived in the laundry room with his own phone/tv/bed and they'd even let him out through the back to go get burgers and shit. He would get his food and come right back.

Wow that's pretty ridiculous. I've never understood why a judge would want to instruct someone to a correctional facility for a first time offense when they are clearly on a right path already

It was absurd bro. I dont excuse myself from the dui, but I was super depressed at the time and slipped into alcoholism. The doctor I was seeing was a therapist/substance abuse counselor who wrote me the note and I had a letter from my interview saying I landed the job. He kept the papers and disregarded them, ended up costing me the job to since I was locked up on the day I was supposed to start. Not only that, but I willfully walked up to the magistrate to explain and all that a 3 cops came up on me like I was a murderer and were "just doing their jobs". Nobody gave a fuck. Enraging to say the least

I'd assume you're in a more rural area then, I spent time in two of the largest metropolitan counties on the east coast and you had maybe 2-3 hours to settle in before something went down. If you didn't fight the first night, you were definitely going to fight the 2nd day at some point unless you were a bitch who just stood there and let some other idiot grab you up and manhandle you because you were too scared to fight. You're going to get heart-checked at any large sized jail in or in close vicinity to a large city. It's just how it goes. And if your papers aren't right you're just going to get your head stomped on the floor. Weird though they wanted to see papers at the first place I was at but not the second so I guess that's not set in stone. Prison's probably different and they prob check a lot more since you're going to be spending a lot more time together idk man. Again just my experience. But definitely no shanks and no rapes, I guess the closest thing would be getting hit with one of those hollow food trays or some shit.