Is Beethoven's 9th the apex of Western Music?

Is Beethoven's 9th the apex of Western Music?

Why? Why not?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hDXWK3W477w
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

7th > 9th

I love classical music but Beethoven bores the piss out of me. His music in general is way too heavy on motifs for me, and it seems melodramatic. It might have something to do with how ubiquitous his shit is in western culture.

As far as I'm concerned, the value of the 9th is in the works that it influenced, rather than how good it is in itself. You can hear echoes of the 9th throughout the Romantic period, but I prefer to listen to a lot of those works instead.

Kunst Der Fugue is better

No, it's Der Hölle Rache.

>His music in general is way too heavy on motifs for me, and it seems melodramatic
It's okay user, you're just aren't ready for him.

>Why not?
Because it isn't the 5th piano concerto.
youtube.com/watch?v=hDXWK3W477w

>it seems melodramatic
i think hes very precise and expressive with what he does, melodramatic sounds like faking an emotion greater than it is, i dont see that in his work.

Yes. Each movement is the pinnacle of what it expresses: the 1st is the most colossal, towering piece of glacial drama. The 2nd is the height of mania, endless repetition without being boring. The 3rd is an unmatched celestial sweetness. Then the 4th is the spiritual climax and culmination of all humanity.

>not ready for babby's first classical

>Western Music
He was german, dumbass

Dude if you are gonna bait at least try to not make it super obvious.

all of Europe is the West, boi

is this ironic

Ahem.

Are you ironic?

1. This isn't Western
2. It's shit

>user needs the Sup Forums hivemind to tell him whether some music can be enjoyed unironically or not
the absolutely sorry state of Sup Forums.

post I replied to was embarrassingly pretentious

>assuming all that shit

>America isn't the west

>a good classical piece must be obscure
Typical Sup Forums drone mentality.

literally everyone itt is a loathsome pseud
including me

also am I the only one who thinks that the 4th movement lasted far too long?

Niggers aren't Western.

You merely have no taste.

Never listen to Mahler.

now this is podracing

nice straw man, buddy

Is Schoenberg obscure?
Is he babby's first classical?

I was talking about the user's purple-as-fuck description of the music, not the music itself

Cool, neither are the Spanish or Italians

>mediterraneans are the same as niggers
Are all americans this fucking stupid?

Guah! Beethoven dwellers often suffer from an astonishing lack of fantasy... Easily analogue to a big gaping h o l e. I love beethoven, but theres no doubt who gets the edge between him and HIM.

hmmm doesn't say that on the map

Race as a definitive caste trait was invented by the rising bourgeoisie to keep the proletariat from uniting and claiming their rightful place as the rulers of the world.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

classical music is gay.

>2 lines
That's not purple.

something funny user?

Schubert

go back the death grips containment thread

why are you intent on misunderstanding
did I hurt your ego

If you think that was purple prose you don't know what purple prose is, probably because a 3 paragraph Sup Forums post is the longest thing you've read in months.

>classical
Didn't Lou Reed die so we wouldn't have to listen to this shit?

Boring.

>he's never listened to D 959

"Purple prose is the name given to writing — or, well, prose– that’s just too flowery and too melodramatic for its own good. In other words, just way too much."

if you don't think the post was flowery and melodramatic, you're delusional

It was one fucking sentence per movement you retard, you probably think anything that uses more than one adjective to describe something is purple because your descriptive vocabulary is limited to the words "faggoty" or "epic".

one flowery and melodramatic sentence per movement

no, Beetoven wasn't the greatest