/heem/: kevin randleman edition

Upcoming events:

12/29: RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2016: SECONDU ROUNDO - Cro Cop vs King Mo (?)
12/30: UFC 207 - Nunes vs Rousey
12/31: RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2016: FINARU ROUNDO - TBA
12/31: WSOF 34 - Gaethje vs Firmino
1/13: LFA 1 - Peterson vs Higo
1/14: Invicta FC 21 - Anderson vs Tweet
1/15: UFC FN 103 - Rodriguez vs Penn
1/20: GLORY 37 - Roosmalen vs Embree
1/21: Bellator 170 - Sonnen vs Ortiz
1/23: VFC 55 - Lindsey vs Cochrane 2
1/28: UFC on Fox 23 - Pena vs Shevchenko
1/29: Submission Underground 3 - Jones vs TBA

Previous thread: News:

>Cruz and Cody "No Skill" Garbage exchange trash talk
youtube.com/watch?v=N1IuWp5dellort

>Despite past rivalry, based Cruz praises retiring Faber
mmafighting.com/2016/12/17/13262246/despite-past-rivalry-dominick-cruz-heaps-praise-upon-retiring-urijah-faber-i-wish-him-nothing

>Media guy talks about who UFC on Fox 22 fighters should fight next
mmamania.com/2016/12/18/13998750/ufc-on-fox-22-results-next-matches-to-make-vanzant-waterson-main-card-winners-mma

>Sage Northcutt contemplating retirement after loss, "I think it's time to reevaluate my standing in this sport and my career."
mmajunkie.com/2016/12/sage-northcutt-hints-at-retirement-following-ufc-on-fox-22-loss-to-mickey-gall

>Interesting article about the Nurmagomedov family
bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/19/8244662/ufc-khabib-abdulmanap-nurmegomedov-dagestan-dynasty-fighting-family-business-mountains-war-mma

>Cruz picks up injury during training, questionable for title fight against Garbrandt
bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/19/696969698008ies

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/nKs4W8iPaTg
mmajunkie.com/2016/12/king-mo-vs-cro-cop-heath-herring-vs-amir-aliakbari-slated-for-rizin-ff-3-grand-prix
mmafighting.com/2016/12/18/13997760/alex-morono-james-moontasri-asked-me-for-catchweight-bout-in-sauna
mmafighting.com/2016/12/18/13997266/mickey-gall-details-sage-northcutts-trash-talk-inside-the-cage-at-ufc-on-fox-22
youtube.com/watch?v=UluNW1VQlg8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Schaub is God

>all links 404

>he literally spent his entire sunday perched on Sup Forums making threads for free

lol I went to work and made $500.

Piana is God

I trip out on these whiners that come on here crying about how much pro athletes make. You make less than $25k a year. Why dont you worry about improving your own financial situation before you waste time crying about how evil Dan White is?

NEW

TO the guy who was defending UFC's business practices, pls kill yourself.

youtu.be/nKs4W8iPaTg

Fuck off you loser

kek King Cody humiliated cruz last night

We all going to make it bros

>t. guy who never spent a dime on UFC but wants fighters to make 100k/yr for showing up

bless

Talk politics and business elsewhere senpai

The fact of the matter is that there are guys on the UFC roster that arent even worth 10k/10k.

Do you think Sam Stout deserves ten thousand dollars for losing to Ross pearson on the prelims of a b level PPV? BEcause I fucking dont.

Jobbers that get 15 people from their hometown to tune into FS2 to watch them fight don't deserve any more than $8k

They don't like fighting for $8k? Nobody asked them to punch guys for a living.

WSOF is even worse, their undercard fighters literally get 100s at most to show in some cases

>B..but the UFC is a corporation ... acting all corporationy ... and they make money

Everywhere else is worse.

Are right wingers the biggest cucks in American society?

>Complain about jews and shilling
>Adamantly defend corporations and exploitative business practices, even though at best doing so doesn't help them in any way and is at worst adverse to their interests

Sad!

I only care about the quality of the sport, nothing else.

Upcoming events:

12/29: RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2016: SECONDU ROUNDO - Cro Cop vs King Mo
12/30: UFC 207 - Nunes vs Rousey
12/31: RIZIN FIGHTING WORLD GRAND PRIX 2016: FINARU ROUNDO - TBA
12/31: WSOF 34 - Gaethje vs Firmino
1/13: LFA 1 - Peterson vs Higo
1/13: ACB 51 - Silva vs Torgeson
1/14: ONE FC: Quest for Power - Bigdash vs Prachnio
1/14: Invicta FC 21 - Anderson vs Tweet
1/15: UFC FN 103 - Rodriguez vs Penn
1/20: GLORY 37 - Roosmalen vs Embree
1/21: ABC 52 - Aguev vs Kincl
1/21: Bellator 170 - Sonnen vs Ortiz
1/23: VFC 55 - Lindsey vs Cochrane 2
1/27: Bellator 171 - TBA
1/28: EFN 58 - Machev vs Brandao
1/28: UFC on Fox 23 - Pena vs Shevchenko
1/29: Submission Underground 3 - Jones vs TBA
2/4: UFC FN 104 - Bermudez vs Jung
2/11: UFC 208 - Holm vs De Randamie
2/18: Bellator 172 - Mitrione vs Emelianenko
2/19: UFC FN 105 - Dos Santos vs Struve 2
3/4: UFC 209 - TBA
3/11: UFC FN 107 - Gastelum vs Belfort
3/11: ACB 53 - Khalidov vs Barnatt
3/18: UFC FN 108 - TBA

Previous thread: News:

>King Mo replaces Candylei, Herrig replaces Carwin
mmajunkie.com/2016/12/king-mo-vs-cro-cop-heath-herring-vs-amir-aliakbari-slated-for-rizin-ff-3-grand-prix

>Alex Morono says Moontasri asked him for a catchweight, talks about weight cuts and his aspirations
mmafighting.com/2016/12/18/13997760/alex-morono-james-moontasri-asked-me-for-catchweight-bout-in-sauna

>Mickey Gall details Sage's trash talk
mmafighting.com/2016/12/18/13997266/mickey-gall-details-sage-northcutts-trash-talk-inside-the-cage-at-ufc-on-fox-22

Die of cancer of the anus, you unbelievably flaming faggot.

yes

silly little drumpfkiniggers are the worst offenders

herr drumpf is a racist, misogynistic, anti-semitic, pig!

kid nate said so!

>I bought a house with all the wins I have over your team, who do you know that can teach you to beat me?
>Ooooh, you bought a house...Ill show you...

I'm literally shaking after reading these posts defending fighter pay.

Lmaooooooooooooooooooo

Okay, let those fightpass prelim fighters take their business elsewhere. If the UFC started overpaying these jobbers, they would hire much less fighters who would be getting brain damage in a high school gymnasium in ballsack, Michigan. I think the UFC does a great service for many sorry ass fighters.

RIP cuckthread, we hardly knew ye.

Maybe you didn't understand me. I don't see how fighters getting paid more will make the sport higher quality. Please enlighten me

>even though at best doing so doesn't help them in any way and is at worst adverse to their interests

because unlike you poorfag i dont think a company is a charity that i have any say over how they spend their money

Gracias man!

lads, i dont feel as good about watersons win now ;_;
youtube.com/watch?v=UluNW1VQlg8

I just wanted to call someone a faggot and they won't let me on mma.reddit.com.

>I'm going to eat every single one of your strikes

>I don't see how fighters getting paid more will make the sport higher quality

obviously going forward when a little kid decides on what sport he wants to play he'll say "mommy how about mma, they just raised the minimum salary for prelim fighters!!!"

Paige doesn't give a flying fuck about fighting. Seeing her get choked out and go completely limp was one of the best moments in MMA history, even better than her getting raped by Butch Namajunas

more money = more fighters = more competition = better fighters = better fights
simple

> Point out that the UFC on average underpays their fighters
> OMG GUYS! THEY NEED THAT EXTRA HUNDRED MILLION DOLLARS!

I understand that people are paid what they are worth, but you're factually wrong if you think the "UFC fairly pays it's fighters". NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB all pay exorbitant amounts for mid to lower tier players that most MMA fighters would never see.

she got back up almost immediately after waterson let go
it was almost like she was faking being choked out

>a company which pays its employees a decent wage in comparison to the danger they face and work they put in is a charity

This is a new level of cuckoldry

>NHL, NBA, NFL, MLB all pay exorbitant amounts for mid to lower tier players that most MMA fighters would never see.

>team sports are the same as individual sports

kys

you NEED 70 people on the roster to play football. you don't need some bum to fill a prelim spot when there are 1000 other ones chomping at the bit

I am this guy
And I am a liberal. I voted for clinton, but I am realistic when it comes to the value of fighters no one has ever heard of who arent event that good

>comparison to the danger they face and work they put in

uh, no one is forcing them to fight retard. how about they go work mcdonalds if they want a fair wage.

oh right the majority of prospects are idiots with no marketable skills so they willingly choose to risk heems for a living

why dont you go fund a kickstarter for them

Alright, that does make sense. I'm no economist though so you could be wrong

>And I am a liberal. I voted for Clinton

It really is sad. Right wingers are clueless half the time.

>it was almost like she was faking being choked out

Lol why would she fake being out? There are videos on youtube you can look up of people being choked out then getting up immediately

He literally said that he thought I was a conservative in the post I responded too. I was correcting him so that he would know that I am not arguing from a political point of view.

Nigga gets his eyebrows done, kek

I'm not saying she actually faked it, I'm saying it may have been a premature stoppage
Compare this to Tate-Holm and you can see a clear difference

>premature stoppage

You are stupid. She literally went out and offered no resistance

You are very very stupid.

dem links tho

>the majority of prospects are idiots with no marketable skills so they """""willingly""""" choose

Is this not the literal definition of exploitation?

You're literally defending a multi-billion dollar corporation making ridiculous amounts of money by exploiting ignorant lower class Americans.

No one is arguing that every fighter should be paid hundreds of thousands of dollars for every fight even if the fighter is on a prelim, but just a reasonable amount which correlates with how much the UFC actually earns and how much it costs to train/live.

Someone doesn't need to be completely out for the fight to be stopped. You can clearly see the second she goes limp and stops moving.

How do you not know this?

>Not knowing the difference between a submission and technical submission

>no name jobber on fightpass prelims makes triple what he does now
>UFC starts hiring less fighters to compensate for large increase in fighter pay
>Talented fighters get stuck in B and C level promotions like Ben Askren
>Less prospects get UFC spotlight
>Great fighters get paid under 10k fighting in shitty promotion
>Great fighters start quitting MMA because no recognition from being on a UFC card

>by exploiting ignorant lower class Americans.
They are getting into a fight for 10k/10k. They can go work at McDonalds or any other lower-class job and get paid even less for more work.

>and get paid even less for more work.

>McDonalds workers work more than MMA fighters

Are you dumb?

honestly not worth the effort of refuting

I feel like I'm in a minimum wage thread on Sup Forums with all these people defending lower salaries and getting angry at the prospect of people fairly getting paid more.

Anyway, shit posting aside, we all agree Rousey is going to get rekt by Nunes right?

Should I stop traneing my back

I feel it's enough desu

never stop traneing

>Going on Sup Forums

Early stoppage Dustin was clearly still conscious and talking to the ref :^)

traps need work, desu

Trane those spaghetti legs and triceps famalam

> Not going on Sup Forums

Your back is fucking shit.

How much do you think Fox pays to broadcast fight nights?

Just doing the numbers - the fighter salaries for PVZ v Waterson roughly equate to the gate with a bit to spare

>NEETs advocating people who actual work hard to put on a show and brain trauma to get paid 30k a year

Punished sage

bless

>9-1

mike perry convincingly lost a decision
cody is next

ufc memes are killed by rear naked chokes, forced "memes" on /heem/ are killed when people learn how shit the fighters they're spamming really are

Which fighter do you think would do the best in the world Of WH40k? My money is on Lawler and Ubereem

deigo sanchez

YES YES YES

>just doing the numbers

What numbers?

>be mike perry
>talk mad shit before the fight
>go into the cage and lose a pretty pathetic decision by fighting like a ninny

Could not have been more exposed if he tried

The Notorious Conor McGregor

shit, thats a good answer. Lauzon as well

The published fighter salaries excluding the reebucks compared to the total gate.

This keeping in mind I failed year 10 maths.

don't forget sponsors, ufc employee costs, commission costs, taxes, ufc loan payments, website costs, health and safety cost for fighter, usada testing, insurance, deals with BTsport and TSN, promotional production

yes, UFC barely makes a profit

A lot of that money goes into contracts and ad buys during football games etc.

Uh huh... and the other numbers like

>Cost of renting the arena
>Cost of paying cameramen and other crew
>Cost of insurance and other things a business needs to operate

?

Yes, obviously. I'm just trying to see how much is actually left over after the salaries are paid in order to cover those things and still provide a profit to the UFC.

Which as

says, is probably not a lot.

FightPass does seem to provide a pretty decent amount though.

>UFC barely makes a profit

You don't know this

the nigga used your format and you still had to post this lmao my man

Honestly if he wasn't knocked down at the end of round two I give the first to Perry

????????

Just made a delicious tofu scramble lads

He got lit up in all 3 rounds. He could've finished Jouban late round 1, he had him rocked but for some reason he just kept off him. He wasn't showing any of the grit and heart he showed in the Roberts fight. He was just letting himself get tagged and not returning anything back.

Maybe he bet on himself to lose.

someone should make a webm of Perry when he puts his head down in shame after the end of round 3. It was so funny how he did it

Maybe he got leg kicked to death and couldn't fucking move correctly.

Roberts was kicking him even harder. I'm not making any excuses for him he was horrible, but he fought like a pussy.

The way the Aldana and Smith fight went was exactly how I expected this fight to go. Except Perry doesn't know what throwing a combo is.

He took a bunch of hard body kicks, didn't seem prepared for that at all. I think Jouban is more of a developed fighter overall, Perry has potential but he isn't there yet. Maybe if they fought in three years it would be different

He was moving just fine, he was stalking Jouban the entire fight