twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i don't understand...

who's finn?
why'd you favorite that tweet OP

>tv series shamelessly rips of a writer for "nostalgia"
>he shows appreciation
>"what a pretentious asshat"

i want nu-Sup Forums to leave

He is being ripped off hard but he got to pretend they are "references" or else reddit might get him fired from mcdonalds.

>not knowing Finn from star wars

>Watching STRANGER THINGS is looking watching
>is looking watching

I liked looking watching Stranger Things

Kek, and thats amerifats greatest author

yours is jk rowling LMFAO

Why would you say this?

>not and it but so man

Nice try, Europoor

That kid is playing "Beep beep" Richie Tozier in the new IT movie.

Why wouldn't you just say, "I really enjoyed this series?"

he's not wrong. how is that pretentious in any way? do you mean arrogant or patronizing but are kinda, you know, not smart and didn't realize there were words to better describe his statement? Sup Forums is indeed the land of the dunces.

It's fucking true, he has the right to say this.

because he's taking full credit for being one of many influences on a popular tv show. All his film endeavours have been a disaster, he thought stanley kubrick's the shining was bad, he's an idiot.

>talking about himself in the third-person

Based.

it's a losing battle, amigo. the dunces are here to stay.

Only back when he was heavily into drugs. Sober Stephen King is a shadow of his former self.

What is that little picture of Froggo and friends in the corner?

Shakespeare was pretty decent

can you name one thing or aspect of Stranger Things that was not in some way already handled by King in one of his stories or novels?

keep thinking, you're bound to name one...

>or else reddit might get him fired from mcdonalds.

Are you implying King needs money? He has almost half a billon dollars.

You're an idiot.

He's my favorite person

Holy shit, the Stephen King Online Defense Force is not fucking around.

It's Froggo's profile pic.

>Say stupid things
>Get called out on them
>Must be a defense force out to get me

kys

He is saying ST is equivalent to the very best of his very large and widely praised bibliography.

>@StephenKing beep beep
Why?

Shakespeare was the King of his day. Mindless entertainment.

>beep beep
What did he mean by this?

I'm not the guy you were responding to, but I don't care if they were shooting an adaptation of one of his books directly, you have to admit that comment was ridiculously arrogant.

He's playing Richie in the "It" remake
youtube.com/watch?v=dTizlfTYA5s

I'm still haunted at how terrible the ending to the dark tower was. People on their fucking deathbed waited for that book. Thr last thing they read was how the crimson king threw harry potter exploding snitches yelling"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE" while a guy he met 3 minutes earlier erased the king out of existence. No grand showdown. No nothing. And at the end of it all, nothing mattered.

He's being too modest if anything.

haha, nah. it's just an imbecilic thread and OP has no sense of how much King has influenced the show. probably never read a novel for his life, either. i dug Stranger Things, but it's not the most original or well-written show out there. it's fun and entertaining, but when even the font used for the title is the one King's publishers used way back when his best novels were published, well, need i say more?

>Shakespeare is mindless entertainment

see

>can you name one thing or aspect of Stranger Things that was not in some way already handled by King in one of his stories or novels?

A decent ending :)

Shots fired.

>muh /lit/ memes
Pathetic and predictable

Are you guys confusing King with Stephen spielberg?

as i mentioned before, arrogant, yes, but pretentious? way i see it, it's like David Bowie or Bob Dylan watching some rock tunes obviously influenced by them and calling the show out on it. yeah, it's somewhat arrogant and patronizing, but would they be wrong?

I don't go on /lit/, nice to know King's hackery is well known there too.

That's the puzzling thing to me too...

As for King tweeting, that's very kind of him, and seems like he took the show as a compliment to his body of work.

>All his film endeavours have been a disaster,
Maximum Overdrive is fucking awesome, you pleb.

>said was
>user reads is

Back to class with you, Ralph.

/thread

I can literally read it in his voice

>one of the most prolific American authors
>a hack
Let me guess, you overrate that tripe Lolita or think that Gatsby's DUDE RICH PEOPLE ARE IRRESPONSIBLE ASSHOLES is deep?

hahaha, zing! awesome reply. however, remind me how It and Carrie ended? mix them both and add a little Spielberg and you have the ending of Stranger Things.

BOOM!

>watching stranger thing
>is looking watching steve king's greatest hits
>i mean that in a good way

nope. Stranger Things does feel like a Stephen King retread with cooler music but also given a Spielberg twist, no doubting that. i don't see why King's comments would bug anyone. he's kind of right. think if you were to devote your life to creating stories and fifty years down the line some dudes produce a series with all the similar tropes you goddamn near created. wouldn't you say something about it? way i see, King's being diplomatic here and not condemning the show in any way other than to say he's done it first.

You mean King's endings?

It makes him sound really full of himself. It's like something Kanye West would do. It reminds me of the only episode of Bret Easton Ellis' podcast I listened to where he was ostensibly interviewing Anthony Jeselnik. He started off the interview by asking him in what ways had he been influenced by his books and then proceeded to talk for 90 minutes about the ways he had contributed to his success in comedy. He's just full of himself.

His work was bawdy enough to appeal to the groundlings, but it was not "mindless" in his time or ours.

Some of my favorite Stephen King novels are Insomia, Joyland and 11/22/63. What are yours?

>Giant spider.

most of his novels are shit, but his short stories are excellent

That was a bit of a let down. Telepathic carnivorous alien? Maybe some things suffer the more you show/explain them

>He's the author with the horror and gore lore galore that'll horrify a reader to the core

poe won though

>most of his novels are shit

LOL, okay there bud. Go to bed, school in the morning.

>advocated reading dime store trash fiction
>thinks he's in ANY position to look down on someone

Better take Stephen King's pop up book to bed with you tonight kiddo.

the eyes of the dragon 2bh

>the "Stephen King is good" meme will finally be put to rest once and for all after the Dark Tower movie bombs
Thank goodness.

There's was no biting tongues and telling jokes in Stranger Things.

who are we mad at and why?

>hur dur thats americas most famous
>hur dur shakespear which isnt even in the same era

way to cherry pick faggot

>not hemingway
>not twain
>not faulkner
>not hawthorne
>not melville
>not fitzgerald
>not steinbeck

If Stephen King is the best American author you know, that's because you're shit, not because we don't have objectively better.

basically
>h.r. giger influenced "other side"
>lovecraftian monsters of unimaginable horror
im sure theres more

That was the book that made me stop liking King's works. I'd followed the series since I was a kid, grew up looking forward to new entries.

What a massive fucking betrayal. I heard new editions of the book have a foreword from King trying to justify why the book is so shit.

Glad you think that.

what if he's telling King to get out of the way

>no Vonnegut
Nigga, you serious?

no bro you see vonnegut is a science-fiction writer and that's not real fiction, nahmean

After all the great shit King has given us over the years he can be pretentious. While he has had plenty of misses his hits are many and i have enjoyed each immensely.

Also he is not being pretentious.

Depends on how you interpret his work on whether or not hes a science fiction or fiction author.

Stephen King himself would tell you he is not the greatest american author. He has called himself on occasion the fast food version of literature.

However even if his writing isn't great he comes up with great ideas on occasion and they are turned into interesting stuff.

Considering his most famous work is involves an alien kidnap plot, I would say he was heavily involved with the sci-fi genre. Were they strict science fiction? Probably not.

I fucking hate people who tweet like this. Why the fuck do you have to be so cryptic?? It's just like "bruh." What the fuck does that mean??? We have a fucking language, use it to express yourself you fucking trogdolyte

Yeah, I'm just saying that if the whole alien kidnap plot was in his head due to his PTSD or whatever then the novel would be more fiction than science fiction. Elaborating on this point though kind of makes me feel retarded since its retarded.

>joy land
I mean it was alright, read that shit in one setting waiting on my car to get fixed.

yeah, i mean it's an absolutely fantastic book imo and a fascinating way of looking at PTSD, the disjointed and disparate memories all crashing up against each other n shit. funny how that book and catch 22 came out in the same decade and both were describing PTSD before society even understood what it was.

GUYS GUYS
LISTEN GUYS
CHECK THIS OUT
EH EHM
REMEMBER THE GUYS
GUYS BE QUIET FOR A MINUTE
OKAY
HEAR THIS
REMEMBER THE 90S? :^)
>everyone remembers
>shirts everywhere
>born in le wrong generatium
>even people who were not present in the 90s remembers.
GUYS GUYS
GUYS STOP
ITS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE
I DON'T FEEL SPECIAL
WAIT A SECOND
GUYS GUYS
LISTEN
GUYS
OKAY
CHECK THIS OUT
REMEMBER TEH 80S
>everyone remembers
>shirts everywhere
>born in le wrong generatium
>even people who were not present in the 80s remembers.

Where does it all ends ?

I always think it's funny when life's obvious under-achievers cry about successful, accomplished creators being "pretentious" or "full of themselves."

They've earned it, faggots. You haven't. Stay angry and constipated in your obscurity.

> i wrote a script for stephen king i wrote a stephen king horror movie

No, man, the show rips him off so blatantly, that it's his way of being gracious by saying "yeah, this is borderline plagiarism but I'm not going to be a cunt about it"

We're entering the era where youngfags are starting to emulate the 90's. But they'll never successfully emulate the 90's. Corporate holds too much sway these days, and even shitty 90's bands like Lucious Jackson sound like fucking Beethoven next to the top 40 shit of today.

That's just the thing, the 90's were 99.9999% fueled by the music of the time. That kind of landscape just can't happen anymore.

I just marathoned the first 90 pages of IT. What am I in for?

>there are people in this thread who haven't read/watched IT and are autistically projecting emotions and intentions on what's simply just a reference

Bevy getting railed by everyone
I have no idea why

More of those same 90 pages, until the end where the kids perform a train on Beverley because they're lost in the sewers after "defeating" It and they need to strengthen their power of friendship to find the way out.

>one of the most prolific American authors
>quantity is a sign of quality

>is looking watching