I'm on the verge of blowing my brains out

I'm on the verge of blowing my brains out.
To be clear, I'm not some angsty teen or anything. And I'm not really looking for sympathy. But I just can't take this much longer.
I joined the Army in the early 90's, just in time for the first Saudi trip. Field Artillery, 13B. Big guns, boom boom.
So, now I'm in my late 40's, and I have something called tinnitus. That's a high pitched squealing / ringing in my ears. That never. ever. goes. away.
It's been getting louder as I get older. It is drowning out all sense and reason. Just the fucking squeal, all the time. Keeping me from getting to sleep. Waking me up. Always there, always SQUEEEEEEEEEE....
... I just can't take it anymore.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ajb37ie-Juo
mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tinnitus/diagnosis-treatment/treatment/txc-20180394
youtube.com/watch?v=aJaZc4E8Y4U
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/neuromodulationTonesGenerator.php
youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9L3Lz87ak&list=PLtm0hUEJ3PBSlsK8v8c6UCXtvsUq4qIpr
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Live stream it on Facebook, for all to see.

Yeah better end it

u mad bro?

Yeah, I think I can do this. I bought a web cam the other day. I don't have a facey space, but I'm sure it can't be that hard to get one. My .45 is all oiled up, and I have a brand new box of hollow points. I think I can give you the show you want. Just give me a sec to figure out this facebook BS.

yeah don't blame you. that sounds really fucking shitty. there is no cure?

Tinnitus sure is a bitch. I've had it since I was a kid. I'm 35. I have no memory of not having it. I've never known quiet. It's probably why I'm batshit crazy.

No cure. Well, just one. Working on it.

VA can't/won't help?

youtube.com/watch?v=ajb37ie-Juo

mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tinnitus/diagnosis-treatment/treatment/txc-20180394

youtube.com/watch?v=aJaZc4E8Y4U
does this help my dudes?

Lul

I have to pee now.

There's no goddamned fix, they can't do anything for me. They keep offering me goddamned psyche meds like I am making it up, but the fucking squeal is for reals.
This fucking cam is giving me some kind of driver error, something about not being signed or some shit. Look, I'm just going to put one in my mouth, I'm sorry I can't wait any more.

I have it too. My cars engine sets it off
I can't drive for more than 20 minutes before its overwhelming

The psych meds aren't because they think you're making it up, the psych meds just work on a lot of random shit, tinnitus being one of those things. I'd recommend trying it before blowing your head off.

The VA, you say?
Niggers and mexicans get better health care than a US Veteran.

Have you thought of Traveling Abroad?

Goodnight. Enjoy the silence.

Op is An Hero.
Let us have a moment of silence pls.

REST IN PEACE

WARRIOR OF ABRAHAM

>21 GUNS

just do what most people with severe mental illness do and bash your head on the wall until your brain stops working

alternatively, electro shock therapy

in all seriousness though your doctor wouldn't be able to do anything without cloning a new eardrum and surgically removing the current one, but not the eardrum in specific but the entire ear canal and system

OP
Tune this to your tin,
mynoise.net/NoiseMachines/neuromodulationTonesGenerator.php

Oh, my sweet baby jebus.
I am literally crying right now, you dont even know.
I had it in my mouth, and I thought fuck it, might as well watch a video first.
You don't even know. Oh my GOD. It is finally. fucking. quiet. Oh my jesus.

Same age same result

You have my permission to an hero op only on the condition you upload it to YouTube after you kill yourself.

I know you probably think I'm bullshitting you right now, but you just actually, literally, saved my life. Thank you.

Hey red leg, there is treatment for that shit that doesn't involve death. There are no cord pullers who don't have tinnitus. You can make it.

Good work everyone!

Welcome back from The Brink, OP!

Pussy ass nigga I have the same thing and wasn't even in the military, but you don't see me complaining to online strangers like a little bitch. Man up and ignore that shit, after enough time it should be like white noise where you don't even notice it.

Let's all have some ice cream!!

You don't even know how close that really was. I was squeezing the trigger, just a little more and a little more. playing a game of "how close to the click can I go". Then that video caught my eye. Holy shit I still can't believe it's actually quiet. This is surreal.

youtube.com/watch?v=cQ9L3Lz87ak&list=PLtm0hUEJ3PBSlsK8v8c6UCXtvsUq4qIpr

I tried to ignore it, I really did. For about 20 years I tried. But it has been getting louder and louder.

But now... it's gone? Go ahead and call me a bitch, I am crying like one.

Sup Forums saves lives.

Plz don't :(

Chek'd

CRAWWLING IIN MYY SKIIIN! THESE WOUNDS THEY WILL NOT HEAL!

You.
You saved a life tonight.
Yes, you.

hero user

Provided this is legit i can go only imagine how you feel. You go to a taiwanese fly fishing forum at the end of your rope, make a thread in amongst all the violence and banality in desperation and someone you'll never meet maybe a million miles away types a few letters and your life changes.

hmm, this only works for a few minutes for me. Still cool though.

are you aware that they make hearing aids that supposedly counter the sounds of the tinnitus?

This is awesome

Well done, user.
Well done indeed.

Oh, my life really did change. I'm about to go talk to my wife and tell her everything. I have been kind of a dick to her and everyone else for a while now, I'm going to make that right and make it up to her. I just need to stop crying first.

this isnt permanent so it looks youve got a new daily routine to follow

Former 13B, deployed to Afghanistan...shut the fuck up I have tinnitus too. Stop being such a bitch. I didn't wear ear pro all of the time, my ringing differs from a higher volume to a lower from time to time. Stop being such a faggot.

Indeed, tewmporary - it's starting to come back faintly, but clearly present. But dude, I can totally work with this. I just went from no hope at all, to instant reprieve whenever I want. And you have no idea how much I needed that reprieve.

invent a new hat-machine that does it for you

new style + relief all in one

become millionaire

Good for you, mate. Talk to me in another 10 years or so and let's see if you're still a dick. Also, remember this technique, it might come in handy.

Good luck user your hope is uplifting.

Watch Chris Gethard: Career Suicide, comedy show about his life dealing with suicide

That's good to hear. Mine probably isn't as bad as yours. I don't notice it when there's a lot of noise going on, or during music. When it's dead silent though, the sound, though not loud, is so high pitched I can't stand it. After playing around with sound equipment, I can describe it as being around 17-19khz.

Jokes on you, humanity won't be around for another 10 years

The sound is of a certain frequency, the sound wave can be canceled out with an opposite frequency playing at the same time.

listening to anything at 17+khz at any volume is more painful than the actual tinnitus. It would probably work for others though at lower frequencies.

Someone screencap we dont always have a thread that saves a life

9gag memes

Screencap it yourself loser

Nope

Hi, this is Greg's wife. He said I had to read this thread and talk to you.He is so happy right now. I knew he had that ringing thing but I guess I didnt no how bad it was. I dont understand what you did to fix it but he seems really excited.

OMG, don't follow the instructions in the vid if you don't have tinnitus. I just tried it and now my ears won't stop ringing.

Who's Greg?

good luck OP. i dont have full blown military tinnitus, but i've been around motorcycles, lawn mowers, heavy machinery since i was a kid.

i have to keep white noise like a fan going at all time or else the constant ringing keeps me away.

absolutely sucks cock.

thanks for your service,regrets for your bells in the ears,
will answer direct after the short story of a hard working gasoline truck tanker that visits bp & other stations with orders to pump out xxxx gallons of gas,, the guy has chronic severe redye,looks like he is either drunk high on pot also has extreme light sensitivity,,the constant low level of aromatic hydrocarbons cause the bad eyesight problem vectored with aspirin he takes,food he eats, bleached foods and snacks,
the guy gets some.,marginal relief from steroids,did not listen to the food suggestions,wears thicker sunglasses,
what you might try is being meticulous about the diet,exposure to chems at work if you can,get vitamin D 45 minutes of sun ( 2/3 bod exposure per day),source of vitamin D small fish or fish oil,eskimos have gotten massive doses of glaring sunlight over the past million years.
tinnitus may be reduced by avoiding hammering close to your ears,and bleached flours,as most mex fast food restaurants use in food wrapping,whole grain anything you purchase or buy in carry out food

>90s milfag
Ever seen Giant?

You've seen Giant. Jsmes Desn man

My well came in big I'm rich Bick, richer than you!

The medication memantine can be quite effective at curbing tinnitus. It's easy to buy online too, its worth looking into.

Do it OP

holy fuck it works

>invent a new hat

Damn dat beanie with a visor was brilliant

I was born with (albeit a somewhat minor case of) tinnitus. Something that helps me personally is white noise. You've been in the military, so you know that you learn to sleep in whatever noise you're around. I have a Hampton Beach air filter thing that makes noise around when I'm in my bedroom and usually have music on if I'm working somewhere quiet.

Don't kill yourself please.

Hello
And Welcome to Sup Forums, Mrs. Op.

Listen to an iPod , it helps me to sleep user

Show us your pussy

Hey dude - I've got it too.

The absolute worse time I had with it was before I got tubes in my ears for drainage. There was nothing to distract me from it. It was like torture.

Well, thank you. My name isnt really op, it's Melissa. Greg says mostly only horrible people come here, but so far mostly you seem nice. Also he comes here so it cant be so bad. Anyways I am going to bed now but thanks again he is still doing that wierd thing with his hands on his head and grinning like a crazy man so thank you for making him smile so much anyway.

Fuck off.
This is The Thread That Saved A Life.

Show us your pussy

Am I the only one that actually likes my tinnitus? Mine sounds like white noise almost

So we saved his life , can we see boobs?

>I'm not some angsty teen
>posts on Sup Forums

Hey OP, have you tried the reddit cure?

It's not really a cure, but is supposed to provide temporary relief.

Video here: youtube.com/watch?v=ajb37ie-Juo

Op just stands for Original Poster.
Your husband started the thread, so he is Op, and you are then Mrs. Op.

Nice to meet you, Melissa

Miracles Happen.

late 2 the party

jew

We're not horrible people, we're just people. Everyone else is just lying to themselves.

No.
Fuck you.

you enjoying your check for $130 a month from the govt for it 10% nigga!

Wew, lads!!!!

Bite me.

I always assume people asking that are on their phones and don't want to grab a shitty cap, but I mean, more realistically, he's an entitled faggot.

Shut up you cunt

Have you tried pouring peroxide in your ears and gently masaging them with a q-tip?