Sami people

What can you tell me about Sami people? who are they?

Should they have a country of their own?
>pic related

Do you personally know any Sami people?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/riXVuhlMNQA
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Germanic_language
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>tfw no Sami gf

youtu.be/riXVuhlMNQA

>Swedish
REEE we don't speak Swedish in Dalum!

We don't like them.

>who are they?
Cancer.
>Should they have a country of their own?
They wouldn't have the population or the Government, besides, majority of all Samis live in Oslo.
There are more Norwegians/Finns/Swedes in the areas where people think they are.
>Do you personally know any Sami people?
I used to. She was a dumb hardcore-feminist.

>What can you tell me about Sami people?
meme people

>who are they?
me

me

no

Reindeer herders, but most of them have just blended in with the country.
The majority of them live in cities and are regular people.
They don't need their own nation.

Very rare. Mostly mixed with southern people. love reindeer and hate wolves

Are they actually snow gypsies?

Sammys people? He was Jewish, right?

Why not Finbro?

so is Oslo the best place to find a Sami gf?

are you really a Sami?
Where do you live? Do you speak the language of your people?

>who are they?
The original inhabitants of Sweden, kinda like Aussie aborigenees or american indians

by right all of Sweden should be theirs as it is their homeland that we colonised. If we swedes will be allowed to stay should be up to them

I know them from swedish tv and radio etc. They are very cool and have such a unique and interesting culture unlike ours which is just about getting drunk around midsummers eve and other such silly things

Those probably have more germanic blood.
Pic related is what samis really look like.

We stopped genociding them in 1975. They're all criminals that avoided the mandatory castration of lapps by hiding in the woods.

hello my name Sami

>Oslo
What the fuck? How high are you? Oslo is not even close to Sapmí.

>kola sami :D

>The original inhabitants of Sweden, kinda like Aussie aborigenees or american indians
North germanics inhabited scandinavia before samis did.

>As late as the 1950s, Sami people were widely regarded as mentally handicapped, thus justifying paternalist laws and policy: 'In the folk consensus from 1950, Samis were classified in the same category as the “mentally disabled” and “insane”.
That's about all you need to know.

But user from Norway said that majority of them live there

They are whiny SJWs. White people built all the cities they live in. They would not be able to sustain their own country even if we did let them (there's literally no reason to)

>that oldest white dude to the left spreading his germanic genes into mongol, Saami qts
doing Gods work

That's a Mongol

WHY IS THIS ALLOWED?

They live in tents, right?

In that case they are.

Fuck all Nordics, Sami are Finno-Ugric and anybody who discriminates them deserves to be hanged. That includes Finns who really ought to know better, since they were on the receiving end of Swedish buttsex for centuries.

Don't you have some territory to lose?

Indo-Europeans are not native to Europe
They are white

And?
We were still here first.
Are there many samis in leafland? You're the expert appearantly

Sorry, Samis have gotten so bleached over the years that they're practically Nordics too at this point

>They are white

They are significantly less depigmented than the rest of the Scandis

You have such a good record with taking care of your minorities don't you Hungary?

>And?
So you aren't the first
Did I triggered you or something?
Races are based on skin color,m8

>So you aren't the first
Indo europeans were the first to inhabit scandinavia, samis came later from siberia.
At least read a wikipedia article or something before making wrong statements about other countries.

>Laulaa englanniksi
Semmonen saamelaispsykoosi siellä.

As soon as your oil runs out, your country will return to the third world state it started with. Tick-tock. Tick-tock. Time is running out.

Fuck off, we have no Finno-Ugric minorities.

You used your stone battle axes to kill the aboriginals, who were of course not not Saami.

Actually, no. We were the same level economically as Denmark pre-oil and we have the oil-fund for usage to invest in industry when it runs out, which won't be for over a hundred years.

Improve your shitposting, please.

>The original inhabitants of Sweden, kinda like Aussie aborigenees or american indians
they are no more indigenous to Scandinavia than Germanics are

>Indo-Europeans are not native to Europe
neither are the Sami

Scandinavia was covered with ice for ages, nobody lived here except polar bears probably.

You really haven't looked much into the subject.

Indo-Europeans arrived around 2800bc at the earliest, 6000 years after the ice melted.

>which won't be for over a hundred years.
In denial much?
Either way, migrants have already caught wind of your wealth, it's only a matter of time before Norway becomes Sweden 2.0. inshallah.

KEK MY LIFE INTO PIECES
THIS IS MY WIFES BLACK SON

SUFFICATION
NO BREATHING
DON'T GIVE A FUCK IF MY TORRENTS ARE SEEDING

>In denial much?
No, not really. There's a lot of unsearched territory which is very likely to hold oil and we just recently found the biggest pocket yet.
>Either way, migrants have already caught wind of your wealth, it's only a matter of time before Norway becomes Sweden 2.0. inshallah.
We're already throwing them out and revoking citizenships by record numbers, but I agree, we'll become Sweden 2.0, just like Finland and Denmark.

Honestly, your shitposting isn't very entertaining and I'm expecting a lot more from you.

I like this map, it's almost the same but recognizes your language as not Swedish

>Indo europeans were the first to inhabit scandinavia, samis came later from siberia.
wrong

t. doesn't realise his eu gibmedats comes with the stipulation that he too will become refugistan

Who were here first then?
Europeans were here before samis, that's fact at least.

>No, not really. There's a lot of unsearched territory which is very likely to hold oil and we just recently found the biggest pocket yet.
How long do you think until the EU starts to phase out fossil fuels until the eventual ban? I give it 10, 20 years tops.

>We're already throwing them out and revoking citizenships by record numbers, but I agree, we'll become Sweden 2.0, just like Finland and Denmark.
>Honestly, your shitposting isn't very entertaining and I'm expecting a lot more from you.
It isn't entertaining, because it wasn't intended to be. Your future is bleak and subconsciously you're forced to admit that I'm right..

the original population had fully assimilated into the Indo-Europeans at least like 2000 years ago
whatever language they spoke they are still among the ancestors of modern Germanics but not of the Sami

You scandis are perma fucked in the dome

God job he's not in the EU innit

>Third worlder trying to talk shit about arguably the best country to live in on the planet
Whatever you say dear.

>How long do you think until the EU starts to phase out fossil fuels until the eventual ban?
You think the only use for oil is fossil fuels? Oh boy.
Let's not forget all the untapped mineral resources we have. Huh, suddenly not so bad anymore.
>It isn't entertaining
You're right, you're terrible at this.
>Your future is bleak
Most of Europe's future is, I've never said it wasn't - I've said the economy is "fine", even if the country is fucked in every other regard.
But by all means, keep jumping to conclusions.

>among the ancestors of modern Germanics but not of the Sami

Lmao. Saami have a lot of Paleo-Scandinavian ancestry, Swedish Forest Saami especially.
Of course that's not a good thing. Paleo-Europeans were basically snowniggers.

No discrimination here, nothing to see

you live in a perpetually frozen rock chewing on barks, sheep eyes and newt legs "best country on the planet", yeah right

Hey Norgebro

honest question

If you had to choose another country to live in, which would it be?

I assume Switzerland?

>mandatory castration

Excuse me what

try not to be a subhuman if you want to breed desu

Sweden had a pretty hardcore eugenics program

I like it too, since it acknowledges the fact that southern swedes can't fucking speak and are all traitors.

>steal a bunch of Danish land
>w-why do you speak danish h-how can this be
really makes you think

Well they're Danes after all

Lapps were not allowed to reproduce. They had to be castrated after puberty. Even lapp women had to get a vasectomy.

>"The eugenistic legislation was enacted in 1934 and was formally abolished in 1976. According to the 2000 governmental report, 21,000 were estimated to have been forcibly sterilized, 6,000 were coerced into a 'voluntary' sterilization while the nature of a further 4,000 cases could not be determined.[43] The Swedish state subsequently paid out damages to victims who contacted the authorities and asked for compensation. Of those sterilized 93% were women.[44]"

Swedes are fucking animals.
How can they get from such a hc eugenics program to "refugees" welcome and impregnate our women politics

what the fuck?

>Danes speak Danish
who would've thought

>the fact that southern swedes can't fucking speak

one would think they would speak properly after we tortured and raped them

but why?

wtf I love sweden now

The one thing you should know about Swedes is that they go hardcore with whatever is the new "in" thing. Back then it was eugenics, now it's loving niggers

they are sub-humans, lower than finns even.

Samis are legit siberians who lived in scandinavia and finland, they got bullied by germanics all the way to 1970s and they were mostly assimilated to finns in finland. Theyre unique snowflakes who whine about how opressed they are, its true desu but they never do anything but whine. Though my only irl experience with a sami is good:
>be me
>be waiting for a bus to northern finland
>an older sami mongol manlet in a sami dress approaches me
>starts talking, apparently ended up in central finland because he took wrong bus when drunk
>chat with him for the entire bus trip
>tells me folk legends and tells me about samis since I bluntly told him I have never met one before
He also used to be a wrestler and a joiker, if theres anything to believe in it

Swedes are not a very middle-ground people

aah, makes sense

rude tbqh

They are the original snow dindus

Nowadays people living in fennoscandia can't reach our level unless they cheat with oil shekels, probably because they're snow niggers and have always been

Hm. Is the reason why Swedes are all cucks today that they feel bad about this?

Germanic languages were invented in Southern Sweden or Scandinavia, at that point most of Scandinavia was dominated by diffeent languages.

Samis are European just like Germanics are.
We don't know who were first. I've read some Wikipedia articles about it, but I don't remember the details and am too lazy to read it all again now. So I'll just tell from memory and make some guesses.
We don't know how Scandinavia was populated first. There was a theory that some came from north, and some south, but I think it's been in part discredited.
During the stone ages, there was a cultural line at Oslo, where the people to the east belonged to southern Scandinavia or Sweden or something, and the people to the west had a different culture.
It's not certain how far south Sami in Norway lived, but linguistic research has shown that Southern Sami language split from Northern Sami language a long time ago. There used to be claims that they moved south during middle ages, but that has been discredited. There are also some findings that indicate that Sami may have lived much further south than their present day line.
This map from this Wikipedia article is interesting
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Proto-Germanic_language
At least it shows that Germanic culture only existed in limited parts of Norway. I personally like to imagine everything else was Sami, but that's just speculation.
My fanfiction: Sami owned all of Norway, but did not do agriculture. Then the Germanic culture came and started doing it along the coast where it was possible, while the Sami kept doing not agriculture everywhere else. Eventually the Germanics spread too much into the country and made Sami culture disappear from southern Norway.

Give me one good reason why severely mentally handicapped people should be allowed to pass on their genes.

i hear people call our country "landetlagom" (country of just the right amount)

no the reason why sweden is so fucking shit nowadays is because of the stupid ass 1968 revolution and the fact that olof palme became prime minister

literally ruined sweden forever

I wish I could travel more to experience stuff like that.. I mean, how many people in this world had a chance to speak with a fucking Sami on a bus trip
I wish I were in Lapland right fucking now
Life is not fair

this guy explained it good

Swedes call it landet lagom, most non-nordics don't give a shit about us.

Proto-Germanic is a descendant of Proto-Indo-European which was the dominant language of Scandinavia at the time

PG probably emerged around 1000-500BC and by the first century AD there is little evidence that any other language was spoken in the region

Germanic scum

that's what i meant, swedish people call it that.
>non-nordics dont give a shit about us
most relevant nordic country anyway

Who are we to decide who gets to reproduce and who doesn't? And I'm pretty sure that not all Sami are severely mentally handicapped.

shouldn't you be out herding reindeer or something

No reason whatsoever, but there ought to be ethical way to pursue eugenics before it can be pursued.

Perhaps embryo selection in the future will solve modern dysgenics caused by a welfare state.

>lower than finns even
Well fuck you too, at least we did something else than rape innocent snowniggers, to deserve right to exist

One sami once came to and started talking about biting reindeer balls when I was in the army

I WANT A SAMI GF

HELP ME ANONS

>Who are we to decide who gets to reproduce and who doesn't?
Don't get all fucking philosophical on me. The fact is that both of us live in states that control our lives to an absurd amount. Under such circumstances, I don't honestly see the problem in eliminating virtually guaranteed welfare drains prematurely.

>And I'm pretty sure that not all Sami are severely mentally handicapped.
I never said that, nor did I imply it. When I said 'severely mentally handicapped' I meant just that (downs syndrome, severe forms of autism etc).

>Perhaps embryo selection in the future will solve modern dysgenics caused by a welfare state.
Perhaps, but that is, as you said, in the future.

Maybe you should try talking to one

Where is the best place to find a Sami gf?

>sami
>blonde

Not according to this

True Indo-European was probably spoken before Germanic became different from the rest.
But the map shows a lot of area in Southern Norway that was not occupied by Germanic culture people, it's easy to imagine that this area was populated by Sami people instead.
Lack of evidence for more languages is not very strong proof I think, it'd be really strange if no one lived in most of Norway. You wouldn't expect a much smaller language before writing to leave any traces, anyway.