They're staying in San Diego

Tell me I'm wrong

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charger_(horse)
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't care

neither does San Diego

kick out all the transplants

Honestly I thoguht the chargers were coming here but I was watching Fred and Petros last night and Petros doesnt think it's happening. He says it's just a bargaining chip and SD won't come.

this logo is JUST asking for it

You're wrong. Dean Spanos said himself yesterday that he is leaning to moving towards LA, woulds have committed to LA had he gotten 50% on the vote, the League is already oiling up to let Dean slide into LA, and the city council is already covering it's ass with their BS letter last week. Kevin Faulkner made the media round last week, and said absolutely nothing while talking for so long. He spoke the exact same way he did before the time period literally nothing happened last year until the League sent Spanos back to SD this past January.

I work for AM 570

We have a vested interest in the Chargers not coming to LA. It would be bad for sports radio because barely anyone would listen in, and most viewers and listeners want the Raiders to come back

Don't worry Charger fans. We in LA will do everything in our power to make Dean Spanos and his team unwelcome here

Everyone from Fred Roggin to Vinny Bosigniore are all working diligently to prevent the move

>the cholo is still at it

So what part of sports media do you work in?

I'm just letting you know how we in the industry feel. This has the potential to kill the NFL in LA

>Everyone from Fred Roggin to Vinny Bosigniore are all working diligently to prevent the move
Really?
All I see them doing is reporting how certain they are that they are coming to LA, as well as everything the Chargers are doing to make it a success when they do. How does one lead to the other?

If you look at their past tweets and what they have been saying to SD media before last month they were all throughly against the idea of the Chargers moving here

They are calling league officials and owners around the clock to prevent this from happening. So far it's been greeted with lukewarm responses but it's starting to warm up given yesterday's showing at Qualcomm

>Americans unironically name a team after pic related....

Is that why Petros is talking down as I mentioned here?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charger_(horse)

Okay. That's wonderful. Personally, I know them because of hearing them on SD media. You know the really shitty thing about it? The League doesn't care. They're talking heads. That's it. From the Leagues perspective, whether it be Bob McNair feeling sad for Dean and the League over the uncertainty of what is going to happen to the Chargers, or Bob Kraft waxing poetically about how he wishes the San Diego community could come together and put something together for the poor helpless ownership of the Chargers, they are blaming San Diegans, and San Diego politicians for the current situation in San Diego, and if you think they look at yesterday's attendance breakdown as something that will be viewed as anything other than vindication for Dean saying he needs to move to LA, you are sorely mistaken. As if that weren't enough, for all of the uncertainty, the owners know one thing for sure. The Chargers moving to LA immediately doubles the valuation of the organization, the revenue generated via TV deals is worth more in LA than it is in SD, and that increase in revenue means more money in each of their pockets, and that that is what matter to them more anything. If you don't believe me, look at how they voted for who got to go to LA first. That's right. They guy with more money, who could build the better stadium that'd generate more money.

Yeah

Marcelius Wiley on ESPN 710 is also help lead the charge for the Chargers to not come here

Sports media here doesn't like the idea of another Clippers showing up

>I was watching Fred and Petros last night
Any chance you could find a clip to share, friendo?

There's talks about blacking out the Spanos owned team while they are in LA.

570 and 710 already said they won't broadcast games. Not sure about TV though

>Sports media here doesn't like the idea of another Clippers showing up
It doesn't matter, guys. Literally everyone with an accurate perspective of reality has screamed that LA doesn't want the Chargers and wants the Raiders, and League ownership valued what everyone said so much that they sent the Rams to LA, are sending the Raiders to Vegas, and will be sending LA the Chargers soon enough, because at the end of the day, they don't give a fuck what we want if it puts more money in their pockets.

tbqh the Raiders have better odds of staying in. Oakland than the Chargers do staying in SD

>570 and 710 already said they won't broadcast games.
Any chance you have a published source on this, or is it just discussion from work?

>AM 570
>AM Radio

you actually have listeners to begin with?

They're definitely going and possibly changing the name too.

But nobody in LA will give a shit about them and they'll be a tenant paying rent to the Rams. Spanos should have sucked it the fuck up and built a stadium in SD with entirely private money.

Work discussion. Unofficially already, a lot of individual sports commentators are refusing to talk about the LA Chargers.

Isn't it a possibility that Spanos is just trying to still get leverage?

There's nothing for him to leverage at this point. There's zero chance of a last second plan by the city at this point. The mayor can't just come out and say WE'RE GONNA DO IT! The NFL has already deemed that the City/County of San Diego doesn't have a suitable stadium plan.

At this point either the NFL would have to directly intervene and say they are willing to put up even more $$$ than their $300M pledge to sway Spanos.

Or Spanos himself just has to decide he'll go for private money to fund a stadium in SD, which he doesn't want to do because any private dealmaker who funds a stadium will want to have a deal that gives them significant control.

Its on him, be a cuck to Kroenke in LA or be a cuck to a broker in SD, or just have a shitty stadium.

--

The reality is he just wants to overvalue the team so he can sell them. The Chargers are gone, and it blows dicks.

Will SD aztec football tickets jump up in price with no chorgers

I'm trying to work for either 710 or 570. I sent in a resume to 710 already but I didn't get a response back. How did you get the job?

Compared to the Sonics going to OKC, is this better or worse?

>But nobody in LA will give a shit about them and they'll be a tenant paying rent to the Rams
Wrong, nobody in LA will give a shit about them and they'll be a tenant of the Rams rent-free.

Wow, so they still get nothing. They won't own the stadium or get a piece of the revenue outside of their own home games or reap any of the benefits of ancillary development.

San Diegan here. Below is what I think is our best hope:

>Spanos decides to move to LA but not until 2019
>Signs deal with Kroenke and makes announcement
>If SD can come up with something in mean time, then will consider it
>Otherwise, have 2017 and 2018 seasons in SD and move to LA after that
>Gives a few more seasons to get our shit together

Pls sports gods don't take my Chargers away :(

Wanted to give you props on this

That makes no sense. Why announce intent to move and then not do it immediately, leaving multiple lame duck, hyper-low attendance seasons in the market to be abandoned?

It's a dumb idea. But the Raiders might do exactly that because there isn't an NFL-sized facility (even by the Raiders' low standards) in Vegas. The only thing the may be possible is temporary expansion of Sam Boyd Stadium until the new Vegas stadium is complete.

Yes let's just announce that we're moving two years from now, that won't hurt attendance in San Diego at all. There's a reason Spanos is waiting until after the season to move.

For real though, what are the Raiders gonna do when they get approval to move? Davis has said he would keep playing in Oakland until the Vegas stadium is done, but I don't see how that could possibly work.

Raider fans will support the team no matter what. Enough LA Raider fans will trek north to make sure it will continually sell out

They don't even sell out now. And the Oakland fanbase is going to stop going to games en masse. Some fans will be lost permanently. Others will take more time to get over it than the couple of years that the team would be in purgatory.

You don't know how well Raider fans travel

They were never blacked out in LA
Barely blacked out in Oakland

They were blacked out regularly for years in Oakland and they haven't consistently used Mt Davis -- a pile of shit for which the taxpayers are still on the hook for $100 million -- in years.

Maybe they make up the difference with LA fans, at least partially. They'd still be better off immediately moving to Vegas and just playing in an even smaller stadium temporarily. At least it would be easy to sell out and generate some supply-constrained demand.

just be an aztecs fan faggot

If they're planning to move, they should just move. They don't want anything like the Oilers' last season in Houston (or that season they played in Memphis that made the Oilers/Titans go "fuck it, we'll play at Vanderbilt until the new stadium is ready")

The only option they'd have in Vegas is a sub-40k seat college stadium for a Mountain West team.

>which he doesn't want to do because any private dealmaker who funds a stadium will want to have a deal that gives them significant control.
FUcking asshole was willing to in Carson, but not in LA, even after the City Council offers the land for cheap which is funny since Fabiani said SD real estate was more expensive than Carson and was the reason they weren't seeking private financing there.

>Spanos decides to move to LA but not until 2019
The League still remembers Browns fans rioting after Art Model said he was taking the team to Baltimore. He'd risk losing local support, and that or the companies that advertise in the stadium. It'd never happen, phamalam.