My favourite book ever is Blood Meridian

My favourite book ever is Blood Meridian
Tell me why it's shit and how plebeian it is

It is not good.

Y doe

What's it about OP?

Literature on the old west, violence, reality, metaphysics, written in a very dry, novel way by the greatest writer alive. Cormac Mccarty's masterpiece.

Supreme epic feeling to it, left me jaded ever since.

Don't mind me, Satan.
I didn't read it. I don't read books in english because I'm not confident enough on my vocabulary and I don't have a starting point. Would you have any recommendations? I have The Catcher in the Rye, Fahrenheit 451 and To Kill a Mockingbird with me, though. It doesn't have to be one of these, I'm just telling you what I already have.

Start with Fahrenheit 451, that's a really good one

The Catcher in the Rye is a quick, powerful book

never read the other one

heard it's good

I'd recommend One Hundred Years of Solitude to start too. Godlike and easy read.

There's no punctuation

It is both shit and peblian.

I just got into reading. Just finished 1984 and Animal Farm. Anyone got any recommendations for a new reader?

I enjoyed it, just felt a bit pretentious though

I guess a quotation mark must have molested Cormac McCarthy as a kid or something

I'm Brazilian, reading in spanish would be relatively easy, so that's how I would read cien aƱos de soledad if I wanted to. But thanks for the recommendation.

>I guess a quotation mark must have molested Cormac McCarthy as a kid or something

>peblian

That's my ex's favorite book...
I wish I never saw this post lol~

wtf are gay or somefin fr

Mockingbird is easily the best of the 3. Honestly a fantastic story and Atticus is probably the coolest character in all of literature, Chigurh being a damn close second. It's a quick read. It was probably the first book I've read that I was genuinely finding it hard to put down and looking for down time to fill with reading.

Yep I'm gay for dick

The lst of the true.

BM is incredible. The Road was also exceptional. What should my next McCarthy novel be?

its not even pleb tier, plebians had to own land in rome

its more like gallic tier

Catcher in the Rye is shit and practically everyone I've ever met who claims to have liked it is either a pretentious twat or a manchild. Salinger's short fiction is ace, however.

the scene where they are running from the judge was awesome

I might do Mockinbird first. Should I keep looking for words I don't know or I should just try to understand the context and move on?

A dictionary app on your cellphone is fine. New vocabulary is always an excellent thing.

Why is it shit?

It's not. In fact it's quite good.

Any particular dictionary app recommendation?

I agree, just want to see why he thinks it's bad.

Death Be Not Proud is definitely the best book ever published. Literally nothing anyone here says can convince me otherwise.

Ring Around the Sun by Clifford D. Simak

Stephen King is an excellent example of how to prolong an otherwise very short story. IT, for example, could have very easily only been a few chapters. The book is over 1000 pages long.

The Wind-up Bird Chronicle - Haruki Murakami

>reading The Road but not All The Pretty Horses

Mate...

That's a pretty big jump...

mah nigga

The brief life of Oscar Wao - Junot Diaz

Also his Dark Tower series is an example of how to "jump the shark" as an author.

The book is a fine read, people that identify with Holden are suppose to be dickheads
Holden is an asshole, that's one of the main themes in the book

From Orwell? Not really.

Understood, wilco

You should read Empire of the Summer Moon and Life Among the Apaches. Those books have the source material for blood meridian as it actually happened.

The animal v8olence was a bit excessive and the ending was oddly gay.

Uhh, yes. Orwell is pretty simple compared to Murakami. Wind-up is not nearly as straightforward as Orwell. The dream sequences and whatnot -- don't get me wrong, a great book, but a tough a jump.

You might've not fully understood Wind-up if you think that it's not that hard...

Battle Royale is bretty gud
Naked Lunch might be a nice step in a more surreal bureaucratic direction, but I recall it being strange in structure since the author is a junkie

I agree it's a good book, but please tell me how Holden is an asshole. I don't understand how anyone could think that.

This is a fantastic story. It's a little difficult to get into during the intro where Twain makes a vain attempt at writing in old english.

What

Then I probably also didn't understand A Wild Sheep Chase, Hard-Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World, Norwegian Wood, Sputnik Sweetheart, Kafka on the Shore, and IQ84.
OP, The Wind-up Bird Chronicle is one of the easiest Murakami reads and it's a captivating story.

Forgot the pic.

I feel like you don't understand, and are just saying that based on what you've heard.