What the hell went so wrong?

what the hell went so wrong?

You didn't happen to like it.

/Thread

Jessica Alba being front in center with no Bruce Willis to carry her.

Not changing Dwight back to Clive Owen after surgery.

Too long between movies and not using Family Values as third story.

>criminally short use of Johnny
>where the fuck is Clive Owen?
>felt shorter than the first one

too many characters not focused on one

it's still a decent movie

I don't think you two watched the movie. Brolin's story ends with him getting plastic surgery to majorly alter his face. Owen's story picks up after he has received said surgery.

Paced and edited horribly. Rodriguez has last what little charm he had when he made the first and is full hack mode now.
But
>dem Eva Green tits
Pic related

>Eva Green tits
like it's anything new.

Eva didn't play a mommy and breastfed someone

Do you eat every day? Does it get boring?
Get fucked mate. Eva's rack is always a splendid experience

>wasted Bruce Willis
>action way sloppier than the first film
>edgy Nancy

Still one of the better comic book movies

Marv really sucked in this one.

uh, no. SC2 shows him before and after the surgery. SC1 shows him only after.

how could marv be helping nancy in the last story, if he's suppose to be dead? it happens after the hard goodbye.

considering roark wa able to see hartigan in the mirror... sinc city is now haunted? i guess?

It wouldn't have saved the movie, but having Clive Owen as Dwight at the end would have made it better.

I legitimately cried when Josh Brolin showed up after the surgery sporting some face prosthetics and Clive Owen's haircut from the first movie.

*cringed

Nothing really, they just made the same movie twice

I didnt think it was bad. It was fine.

no. the first one was good.

It's better than the bullshit of them killing Manute twice.

Fucking twice. In two different ways.
With no explanation.

They've been developing it for so long nobody cared for it when it finally came out

He was killed only once. A Dame to Kill For happens before The Big Fat Kill and he survives while losing his eye.

ill tell you what went wrong

The main story (the middle story) went on for too long and it got boring,
the first story and the last story were too short, didn't have enough time to develop
the main story dragged while the other two were lacking
and Ill say this, as Hot as Eva Green is, she sucked as that character. She felt very cliche villain. the character is not supposed to be that cliche.
her acting felt too wooden.

it didnt feel as focused as the first movie, it didn't feel as tight in the editing and directing

It wasn't 2007

too little too late

it was not as fun as the first one

>it happens after the hard goodbye

where do you infer that from?

imo (in my opinion) it was an excellent movie tbqh (to be quite honest)

I prefered it to the first one

>implying I would watch a movie with a stripper that doesn't strip.

>protip, I won't. tits or gtfo
>Get that prude off the fucking stage.

>how could marv be helping nancy in the last story, if he's suppose to be dead? it happens after the hard goodbye.

Chronology of comics isn't linear, but it's supposed to happen earlier and that leads to problem as once Sin City turned from one off comic into series there is lot of foreshadowing happening in background, connecting the stories together more or less loosely. Since the Nancy's Last Dance was written for this movie long after actual comics it isn't connected to other stories and it's not mentioned there.

The other written for this movies story about gambler was better IMHO as it has implication that some completely fucked up individuals run the society and get away with it.

Killing the senator Roarks and getting away with it doesn't fit the mood of That Yellow Bastard and the Hard Goodbye. In those Hartigan and Marv do their revenge to Roarks and pay the price for it.

>roark's brother dies in the hard goodbye
>it's stated in yellow bastard that senator roark is the last of his family, so it happens after the hard goodbye
>that strory from sc2 takes place after yellow bastard, obviously

>>protip, I won't. tits or gtfo
eva green is constantly topless throughout the squeal

>stripper who never gets naked
when will this meme die

>eva green is constantly topless throughout the squeal

Stripper being talked about is Nancy played by Jessica Alba.

Continuity errors were what got me

In "Nancy's Last Dance", Nancy goes off the deep end and scars her face with a broken mirror, then her and Marv kill Roark.

But then, in "The Hard Goodbye", which has to take place after "Nancy's Last Dance" as Marv dies in it, Nancy's back to being a doe-eyed "stripper" with no facial scars and no sign of either the craziness or hatred of the city she showed before.

casting eva green automatically makes any movie a b-movie, bitch is mediocre

sad but true
bad actress, she ruined 300

>it's stated in yellow bastard that senator roark is the last of his family, so it happens after the hard goodbye

Third of Roark brothers is never seen in comics or in movies, but is mentioned to be attorney general. So it's probably about Senator Roarks nuclear family.