Rewatchable General

Kino that has a high rewatchability level
>pic related

Only good thing about that movie was Fassbender.

Complete trash otherwise.

Like a complete millenial, I saw Prometheus before watching the original Alien/s. What was the initial reaction from fans of the original to the expanded-upon "lore" being in a god awfully stupid movie like Prometheus? i.e. The Derelict, Space Jockey, Engineers, etc.

One of the biggest letdowns i can remember. I cant tell you how happy i was when i heard that Ridley is not directing Blade Runner 2.

>rewatching movies

Plebs

Yeah, my fav blockbuster of 2010s so far

John Wick.

shit movie

underaged faggot

Wick was good but not great rewatchability

blade runner
the first star wars trilogy

Yes

>movie has a plot twist
>entire movie is based on that
>literally 0 rewatchability

Any Scorsese movie really, expect Wolf of wall street, it's an embarrassment

Does Taxi driver actually get any good?

I've watched the first 20-30 minutes, but didn't really like it

Prometheus gets better every time.

Fuck you.

>intial reaction from fans of the original to the expanded upon 'lore'
From what I've seen IRL (i know two people I'd consider fans along with myself) very positive

The internet seems to hate prometheus but I think that's just a meme-tastic bandwagon of plot-needling with no real thought or passion behind it.

>god awfully stupid movie
Why is it stupid.

please don't say the fucking snake scene

*Jack Reacher

What?

Yes, Robert Deniro's character develops literally to Sup Forums with his anxieties and what not

>Rewatch movies

What autism spectrum are you?

Pic related

this was the biggest movie disappointment of my life, as an Alien fan, seeing the trailers got me hyped as ever

Opening day:

the movie started falling apart, I remember a trenchcoat fedora guy next to me sighing every 15 minutes. The feeling was all around the cinema, people waiting it to finish, no one clapped, everyone in the bathroom feeling sad, complete silent.

>movie has a flute therefore it's bad

Don't get me wrong, I do like Prometheus. But here we go:

- The entire Holloway character. Cocky stupid 'scientist' man. Takes off his fucking helmet in a goddamn alien environment, just because they detected an oxygen atmosphere. What about foreign and harmful airborne particles and alien pathogens that could wreak havoc on the human body?
- they had a sophisticated 3D map of the facility they were exploring, yet those 2 dudes who were trapped there overnight managed to get lost
- why was David such an asshole
- did David know that Holloway would have sex with Shaw right after spiking his drink with the black goo?
- why would all these people agree to go on an x year mission without any prior briefing as to what the mission was about?
- Shaw and Charlize Theron running in a straight line
- and yes of course the snek scene.

Probably missing things, but whatever.

>Holloway didn't science the shit out of all the bazingas like in The Martian
It's a movie, not a textbook. Those events present his personality while delivering plot details at the same time. It's not like the issue wasn't raised either. Holloway just doesn't give a fuck because he's so excited and sure that he's onto something good. If that breaks your immersion just stare out a window for 90 minutes straight instead, nothing unrealistic there.

>dudes got lost with a map
Wouldn't be the first time in human history. And they lost contact with the outside so it's not like they could leave. Is their being lost even a major plot point?

>why was David such an asshole
I think that this is the most interesting part of the movie. I've heard him compared to a genie before which is an interpretation I like. Because of his programming he's absolutely bound to serve his masters, but at the same time he's smart enough to realise that he exists to be exploited and hate them for it. His solution to this is to screw his masters over by giving them what they want.

No matter how hard he's screwing them throughout the movie he never disobeys an order.

>did David plan the sex
I imagine that the thought crossed his mind but I don't think it was planned. If it were planned I think we would have been shown some kind of additional interference between spiking the drink and the sex on his part to make the connection clear.

>why go without briefing
$$$$$$$

>Shaw and Charlize Theron ran straight ahead
Shit, didn't realise this. Might as well boycott the sequel now.

>snek scene
Those suits they were wearing were hardcore as fuck. They're able to survive being hurled around in that massive storm that's throwing shrapnel everywhere and later on the bio-zombie thing is able to survive a lot of gunfire before being flamethrowered. I think glasses man was cocky but the snake must have been unimaginably strong to bust the suit. He didn't know it was a bio-weapon.

one bump because this thread's actually about movies

When every character's actions can be boiled down to the 'movie needs that to happen right now' nothing has any consequence. No effort is made to bring these characters to life, they all exist simply for the plot to occur.

Dave needs to be an asshole because we need the cool squid c-section scene

Holloway needs to be dissapointed with finding confirmation of alien life and intelligent design because he needs to have sex with protagonist

Map guy needs to get lost because we need to start killing people now

Captain has to fuck charise theron and leave the bridge empty with no communications with the 2 crew members who are frightened and alone because we need them to die right now

Everytime something plot related needs to occur, the characters cease to function in any rational way, rather than the story naturally flowing from their actions, their actions must conform to the script

Thanks.
I just wanted recommendations not a fight about Prometheus.

stop.

I feel like you have a bone to pick with this movie.

>OBJECTIVE REASONS WHY THE DEER HUNTER IS SHIT

>Nick NEEDS to be neurotic to justify his breakdown

>Jack NEEDS to be tough because otherwise how would they survive the Russian Roulette

>John Cazale NEEDS to be a knob otherwise we wouldn't get to see how stressed the idea of the war is making Jack

>They NEEDED to get captured by Vietcong to create the stress that would cause Nick's PTSD

>They NEEDED to fall out of the helicopter to leave Nick wracked with guilt

>Of course one of them broke their legs in the fall because the movie NEEDED a cripple to provide a physical example of how the war effects them all

Nothing that you listed is irrational.

no u

>recommendations on rewatchable stuff

>Speed Racer
Looks amazing, gets better with rewatches
>Pain & Gain
Same
>Excalibur
Really unique. Possibly the only good movie on western mythology outside of the old swords and sandals stuff.
>George Romero's original 'Dead' trilogy
The spooky zombie stuff was cutting edge but what nobody gets when they try to do zombies now is that Romero was great at creating characters that felt real. There's new stuff to realise in the interactions between the casts in each movie on each viewing. There's really nothing else like them in the genre. I'd also recommend 'Knightriders,' one of Romero's non-zombie works which is great for the same reason.

>Jack Reacher
It just works.

As someone who really likes Alien and bought that tacky Alien Quadrilogy dvd box set the year it was released, I fucking love Prometheus.

>Alient Quadrilogy dvd box set
I own that. It's pretty great.

I enjoyed Prometheus as a bunch of disconnected lore that looks kinda cool and gives the possibility of a bigger universe.

It's like the Dark Souls of movies

Who would win?

I have no bone to pick with this movie, there are plenty of shit films i hated more, i have a bone to pick with people who refuse to accept the movie was terribly flawed in characterization and plot.

The cinematography was top notch, the atmosphere was spot on and scenes like the c-section were incredibly intense. But that doesn't change that the characters were terribly written, and they make ridiculous decisions and actions because the plot needs them to.

If surfer has his board, the black goo cant even touch him, thus surfer would win easily

Fag stop sucking scorsi dick. Departed was shit rip off.

I disagree. I don't think that the movie had flawed characterisation or plot. What do you have to say to that?

You provided some examples but I don't think anything that anybody does in Prometheus could be called ridiculous. At worst I'd say a couple of things COULD stretch credibility if you're in that kind of mood when watching the movie.

Does Surfer getting the board mean Prometheus-man gets a spaceship?

Dat spaceship wont save him from a man that can phase through objects

What if he phases through right into some carefully placed goo?

>no one clapped

o yƩ america

Well i disagree, and challenge your intellect, what do you say to that

Its poorly written, under no circumstances would the bridge be left empty and no one keeping up contact with the 2 crew members, the entire audience groaned in my theater when that happened because not even thinking about it, just seeing it people can recognize how ridiculous that moment was. When a bunch of people watching the movie can see the flaws instantly how can i think it in anyway is well written

When the crew returns from the sandstorm and only then does anyone realize that those 2 were still down in the installation, how can i see it as well written.

>no one clapped

This is unusual for you?

An american audience didn't clap, let that sink in for a moment

>Well i disagree, and challenge your intellect, what do you say to that
if you didn't have trips I'd call you a fag

>under no circumstances would the bridge be left empty and no one keeping up contact with the 2 crew members
I thought they weren't able to contact them at that time anyway. And when they had been in contact they had nothing to report and were stuck for a while longer with nothing that could be done for them. Would somebody being at the bridge have even made a difference in how things played out?

>the entire audience groaned in my theater when that happened because not even thinking about it, just seeing it people can recognize how ridiculous that moment was
I'd buy that an audience member ripped off one of their own testicles before this. Did the entire theatre watch the RLM review before going in to see it?

>When a bunch of people watching the movie can see the flaws instantly how can i think it in anyway is well written
What the fuck do they know even if they did all groan?

>When the crew returns from the sandstorm and only then does anyone realize that those 2 were still down in the installation, how can i see it as well written.
Do you have autism? Or are you fucking with me?

Has it occurred to you yet that there's more to writing than having everyone act with sound logic all the time? Is that your sole measure of writing quality? How is that last point even remotely a problem?

Jesus christ even by Sup Forums standards this is getting obnoxious.

>that awful Deer Hunter analogy

None of the characters there behaved in a way that went completely what was established and implied. Getting captured by the Vietcong doesn't somehow contradict their personalities, Nick's neurotic because that's what the character is, etc.

As opposed to a highly educated scientist who takes his helmet off in an alien environment because the plot needs to move forward and then says ''come on bro, stop being such a skeptic'' (really A+ subtle thematic writing there, bravo).

>a highly educated scientist who takes his helmet off in an alien environment because the plot needs to move forward
Just because you say that that doesn't make it true. It's kind of inarguable if you won't listen to what I've already said but it still seems flatly wrong to me.

>Nick is neurotic because that's what the plot needs to move forward.

Prove that wrong. That's what you're forcing on me.

I can smell the kinosseur spicness from a thousand miles away.

I bet you thought BvS was a ''revelation'' or some shit, you goofy asshole.

Why don't people get Charlie? He was immature, that's literally the explanation for all of his behavior. He has no patience, his expectations are too high, he drinks and sulks when denied in any way and keeps insulting David simply for being different.

I haven't seen Batman v Superman.

Now what?

NO, HE'S A SCIENTIST! HE'S NOT ALLOWED TO DO THAT! SCIENTISTS ARE LOGICAL!

>Watching movies twice
LOL
O
L

There are only a few movies that are actually legitimately rewachable.

- Prometheus

- Matrix Trilogy (JESUS, this is almost infinitly rewachable! The dialogs are among the best in cinema history. I can literally fab to the dialogs)

Can't think of anything else desu.

you don't even deserve an honest answer, because you clearly are an idiot.

If Matrix dialogue pleases you you'd probably really like Mamoru Oshii's work. You'll be reading subtitles but it's quite obvious that the Wachowskis are big fans of his.

Try 'The Red Spectacles.' I particularly like that movie. It's rather experimental but you can see traces of it in The Matrix.

>he doesn't re-watch movies under a specific set of circumstances that fills the void in your heart with some semblance of happiness

What a faggot, now I'll go re-watch Pirates of the Caribbean while hungover.

>no one clapped
hahahha burgistan is crazy

Im sure everyone will be very dissapointed knowing you won't be sharing your opinions :(

21, 300, A Beautiful Mind, A History of Violence, Ace Ventura: Pet Detective, Alpha Dog, American Beauty...

That doesn't look too appetising but octopus actually doesn't taste bad at all.

see pic related

I like Mamoru Oshii! Wow, haven't heard about The Red Spectacles, though :O Thx for the recommendation, friendly user.