ITT: Musicians who got famous or more famous with their worst album

ITT: Musicians who got famous or more famous with their worst album

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cEVkt0fLWKA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Call me a turbopleb, but I fucking adore the first 3 Arctic Monkeys albums, they were the first band I properly got in to as a youth. AM makes my blood boil, the summer it came out (Ausfag) it was the only thing that played anywhere and it was the only thing my friends listened to for 3 months.

My heart broke a week a go when I saw photos of them recording their next album and Alex Turner was playing piano. I want hard hitting fast-paced Arctic Monkeys again.

everyone on here likes early AM you dingus

>

wrong

Nah, I would say their worst was Lullabies to Paralyze. SftD was pretty good, even if it had way too much filler in it.

I wouldn't say it's their worst, but it's so fucking boring compared to their other records, c'mon Will you don't need to make your music dumber just for the sake of having more people listening to you

Everybody loves WPSIATWIN,FWN and Humbug you faggot. They are legitimately good post-punk/indie rock albums. Hell I'd say A certain romance is one of the best rock songs of the 2000's

Piano? Fuck, I'm craving for a rock Arctic monkeys album. Then again, I can understand why don't want to make one. AM itself sold a shit of albums, they want to cater to that audience.

I believe this was their most commercially successful album

>intermissions
>intermissions
>muh fucking intermissions

Why didn't they break into the mainstream with rated R again?

Suck It and See is EASILY their worst album. AM has at least an interesting sound going on instead of being watered down Humbug.

Humbug is one of the best 00's records m8

Actually agree with this.

And this.

This too, although it's still a pretty neat album. The Love Will Tear Us Apart videoclip is hilarious..

Its not their worst album you fucking dweebs, I haven't even listened to it and even I know that. The fact that its got an 8.0/10.0 from Pitchfork (their highest rating ever for an Arctic Monkeys album) and probably a 10 from NME shows that it has significantly more acclaim than Humbug at the very least, and what an appropriate album title because that's what you all are - humbugs, mere plebiscites who aim to attach value to your meaningless existences via pretending to like some entry-level hipster bullshit except durr lol not the popular stuff *shits on the floor and flings it at normie bystanders* because you are fucking annoying, and its not just me that thinks this, even on this website we are starting to become bugged by people pretending to hate the most popular album of an artist because it is more popular. I'm shaking right now with rage the likes of which you cannot comprehend and frankly are reaching the end of my wits, yet it is you contrarians who shall fall first and bow before the lord in eternal shame. Humbug sucks, so does Suck It and See so no AM is not their worst album, its generic "indie-rock-for-people-who-are-too-lazy-to-find-their-own-preferences-and-dye-their-hair-blue"-core though its not as bad as some of their other material, Jesus Christ.

>took the bait on SFTD
I can see where you're coming from, though.
I love them but I feel like their debut s far more accessible and does better for an easy listen. I guess it was only a matter of time, at least they didn't break out with Lullabies, which is by far the least bombastic of the lot. Seriously, what the heck is wrong with that snare

call him a cocky faggot all you want but imagine how much pussy he gets

it's more pleb to hate early arctic monkeys so you're ok

>Cocky Faggot on Piano
I think it's an act. Even so, he's got some cash to splash and is having a laugh with his mates. Listen to Bourne Identity and it explains the 'persona' quite well.

Underage detected

b8 or retarded

youtube.com/watch?v=cEVkt0fLWKA

LAD

>I haven't even listened to it

checked

I dig the creepy dark undertones of Lullabies, it adds some uniqueness to Qotsa's already distinct sound. Also, it features some of their best shit like Little Sister. It's not like SftD is bad, it's a fantastic record, it's just their other albums are more fantastic.

I'd not go that way. I think you mean that SFTD sounds standard, while the other albums are more nuanced, is that right? I agree on the rest

kek butthurt. Pitchfork was paid to do a good review or maybe the fake american style that Arctic Monkeys gain after Humbug, SIAS and AM actually did the work because everyone knows that pitchfork hates most british music. Melon actually gave AM a fucking 3 and that's exactly what this record deserved. And yes it's their worst record, you must be really deaf if you like music with gay sounding backing vocals in every fucking song on a record.

this album sucks

And of course you really need to try making your own opinions rather than giving a fuck about pitchfork. Pitchfork isn't relevant these days, unless you are a "pitchfork hipster wannabe" then yes go for it.

strong bait here

>wasn't alive during the early 2000s where this man was the topic of every conversation in America and on the news every day

no you're just brainwashed

>Implying they have any good album

>it's more pleb to hate yet another generic twing twang disco beat indie bandwagon jumper

Sure thing, mate.

Early Arctic Monkeys was the shit man
It's ok to like them here

This wouldn't exist if it weren't for the actual album they got popular with

I mean, as far as Nirvana goes, this was still a good album.

>got more famous
Humanz was nowhere after two weeks

Come Again?

They became radio-friendly with this album

lost the grit

Fight me irl

What's your favorite album/albums from him then?