Why was this album hated so much when it came out? Definitely not his best...

Why was this album hated so much when it came out? Definitely not his best, but it's still very evident how far ahead of most other people in the game he is.

I seriously don't get how anyone thinks this album is terrible

pretty sure it was more well received than views

its fucking shit op

>Too fucking long
>Drake
>An hour of Drake
>Drake doesn't know if he's from Jamaica, Toronto or London

>but it's still very evident how far ahead of most other people in the game he is

by copying everyone else?

People don't like it because he is one of the biggest artists in the world. I know some people who avoided listening to it just because 6God made it.

By doing them better than they do themselves

Probably true. Have a friend who I know secretly started listening to Drake, although he always laughs at me when I mention him

People don't like listening to the same generic shit constantly, Drake has failed at expressing himself through different sounds over and over. I'll just listen to migos or khalid whenever I'm not fuckin conscious rap

>but it's still very evident how far ahead of most other people in the game he is.

The game of making the most joyless and bland hip-hop possible?

I liked like 3 songs on Views even though everyone hated it but More Life was really bad that I didn't like any of the 22 songs on it.

he perfected the dance hall he has going on with Passion Fruit. Other than that, the album doesn't have a whole lot going on desu

It's his second best album, only behind Take Care

>it's still very evident how far ahead of most other people in the game he is
am i on fucking complex? boring pop rapper making progressively boring pop rap

Drake is bad.
/thread

it's not an album it's a playlist

im from toronto and people here dont even really like drake anymore aside from like non-woke UofT students

People like this must not have listened very much to Drake. I'm not saying More Life is a masterpiece, but it's filled with good songs, Young Thug had some amazing features, etc.

To me, Drake is one of those top 100 artists who actually stands out. Not the only one to do so, but there aren't that many.

>letting people from toronto shape your taste in music

dubs don't lie

lmao clearly didn't listen to the album/any of his discography

drake is a bad rapper, he's also not a good singer. I'm sorry to break this to you

Contrarianism, lads...

It's a decent pop album. Wouldn't call it hip hop though

>Drake doesn't know if he's from Jamaica, Toronto or London
Black culture in Toronto and London is influenced by jamaica

literally >pick one