Anyone here have experience with fasting? Thinking of doing a week long fast to drop 10 lbs

Anyone here have experience with fasting? Thinking of doing a week long fast to drop 10 lbs.

Tips, tricks, methods are appreciate.

General weight loss thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/E484qiQXxzM
youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Lol.

Day 1: Drink a gallon of water and snack continuously throughout the day in small stuff (I ate peanuts, just a little but not the fucking entire container)

Day 2: 1 gallon of water + peanuts

Day 3: 3/4 gallon of water and peanuts

Day 4: 1/2 gallon and peanuts

Day 5: 1/4 gallon and peanuts

Day 6: a cup of water and peanuts

Day 7: no water and peanuts

Every day sweat in Suana for minimum 30 minutes, no exercising. Too much stress in body.

You'll lose 20lbs

Youll lose water weight not fat weight.Which you will instantly put back on when you hydrate your self.
Dont do this

Why the peanuts though? I feel like I'd lose more by just not eating.

And thank you for the advice!

I was planning on drinking a fuckton of water everyday regardless is that a bad idea?

You see, the human body requires food and if you don't eat your body will begin to shut down and force you to eat

It doesn't require it if it has fat stores to dissolve (which my body has more than enough of)

People fast a lot to detox, I've heard of people going a month without food and being fine as long as you do it correctly

Dont drink more then you need.You can oversaturate your blood stream and have issues with your salt levels.Drink when you are thirsty.

Losing weight is about calories.
Eat 6 small meals,no more then 100-200 calories per meal keep your metabolism going.No gorging..Small snacks.Eat meals high in protien and low in carbs.Try to eat as little carbs as possible.

Don't eat at all. And don't drink, or if you want to drink, just take like one sip or two on your 4th or 5th day of fasting.

If you drink too much water, you're gonna create an electrolyte imbalance and you'll feel hungry straight away. I've done week long fasts multiple times, and I never needed to drink for the first few days.

Also, make sure you do your fast in one shot, in order to maximize fat loss, and keep your muscles from being used as energy.

(Post 2 below, gotta bump before thread is deleted)

Long fasts will lose you both fat and muscle. Do intermittent fasting.Combined with a good diet and exercise, it will get you what you want. there are no shortcuts user.

Try it. Best that can happen is you die.

Peanut butter as a snack?

If I don't drink for that long won't I have complications with dehydration?

Bone broth my man.

Take beef bones. Put in pot. Put pot in oven @ 190 for 8-12 hours. Remove pot, remove bones, strain delicious and nutritious bone broth into container.

Post continued...

You're wrong. Like I was saying, you need to do the fast as long as possible in one shot. If you fast, stop, fast, etc. your body is going to use the fastest energy stores which are your muscle.

If you stay in the fasting mode for a while, your body will switch exclusively to fat. This is because back in the days, when your ancestors were out of food, the body would produce growth hormone and use fat for fuel, because it knew you would need power and muscle to find food/hunt.

I literally just got done losing 8 pounds in a week.

You'll tend to naturally drink a lot of water if you aren't eating much.

If you really want to lose weight fast my advice is to limit your calorie intake to 1000 +/- 200. Don't listen to anything people say about the "types" of calories you should eat or how much of x you need. I went from 200lbs to 130 in a year.

youtu.be/E484qiQXxzM

Alright you want to actually lose bodyfat and not muscle? Don't do keto. You need to do PSMF.

Protien Sparing Modified Fasting is actually a diet I am starting tomorrow. You will lose 20 pounds of water weight in the first two weeks. Some being body fat and some being water weight. The results will be great.

You will level out to around 5-6 pounds of pure body fat a week while preserving all of your muscle/organ tissue. It is a fast so keep workouts light. If you lift, just lift to preserve muscle.

I recommend supplementing onnit 2222 Aminos, an Omega 3, Glutamine, a Multivitamin and a fiber pill everyday.

Look up a "psmf how to guide".

The cool thinking about losing weight on keto is that it significantly reduces loose skin.

Just do exstazy I loose 2 kg''s a night, and you can just sleep through it. Although the next day you feel like shit and it's addictive, so you must be carefull.
Another option, I lost 30 kilograms in 3 months. I go to the gym 3-4 times a week, I eat healthy, haven't even killed all the junk food eating, but I sweat it out if I do. Lastly don't eat after 6 pm. Because the evening treats are the worst.

Should I do some exercise along with this?

I sort of second what this user says, but with some slight variation..

- Lower your carb intake to 25g or less a day
- Lower your calorie intake to 1200-1400 a day
- Keep proteins at 60-120g a day
- Moderate amounts of fat
- Plenty of water as some others have stated

It will take a few days for your body to burn up it's carb reserves and put itself into ketosis, it's important to keep high protein (burgers, almonds, eggs, peanuts, string/block cheese) to ensure w/ketosis your body burns up fat and utilizes protein rather than burning up muscle.

Because the body has used up its carb reserves it will have a hard time gaining weight, so combined with low calorie you will start losing. If you are not getting adequate nutrition in your diet take a few vitamin supplements.

The reason for weight gain is simple, and it's all pretty much due to the liver. Your liver has its own carb reserve which is more than enough for someone who is sedentary or with low activity to function for the day. Once the liver surpasses that amount it starts taking the carbs (which are always converted to glucose) and converts it to fatty acid instead and begins distributing it throughout the body, including within the liver itself. The fat distributed throughout winds up in a region of the body where adipose tissue accumulates.. in males, generally the gut first..

Yes this is a terrible idea.

>muh electrolytes
Yeah you're going to be catabolic as fuck with zero water and vitamins. This dude is an idiot and this a good way to cut the life span of your heart fairly significantly.

Dude just do

Peanut butter is okay but make sure its carbs per serving is less than 5g, don't have any more than like a tablespoon of it at any given time.

Looking it up now

Do not listen to the idiots telling you to fast. The post saying 12-1400 cal a day is fine because its not starving your body of nutrition.

Fasting is a stupid fucking idea and you'll immediately gain the shit right back. If you want to keep weight off you need to permanently reduce your cal intake. There's no magic bullet like starving yourself for a few days, your body will panic and when you eat food it'll just store everything rather than burn any of it off and you'll gain the shit right back and more.

No you won't dude. The whole "drink 8 liters of water a day" is a complete scam, and it actually causes more complications to your body (because of the electrolyte balance).

You need to drink when you're thristy... but once you'll start fasting, you won't feel thirsty because your electrolyte levels will stay stable, since you won't be eating food/salt (that's what causes them to fluctuate). After some days, if you feel like your energy is down, take a sip or two of water PER DAY. Obviously, if you're feeling dizzy because you played sport, take a little more, but general rule, drink a little.

Not even 1000 years ago, people didn't have access to clean tap water.... they couldn't even drink water from the floor, because of the black plague... And I won't even talk before that. It's totally normal to drink little water. In fact, it's even healthier.

>Tips, tricks, methods
dont fucking eat

So how is drinking more water unhealthier? Explain, user.

Hmmmmm

ITT retards giving advice...
Ok OP this is how a real man fasts. Note hunger pains are real and you can over come them. Mind over matter!!

Start day:
Light a cigarette and brew a pot of coffee. Drink like 3-4 cups before you do anything. After that you're gonna wanna smoke another cig. Now it's only been an hour you're doing good 10 more to go!!
Continue smoking cigs and having coffee if you feel hungry.
At this point in the day say 5pm. If you still haven't ate you're doing good. Next buy a 6-12 pack of ice variety beer. I prefer natural ice or Steele reserve. Drink that while you continue to smoke cigs. By now you're cutting out coffee.. those 12 beers will supply you the sustenance you need for the day and the strong beer will knock you out.

I do this every fucking day no problem. I've been working on this Jesus on the cross look for many years!!!
Feel free to ask questions op
This is me

Carb diets work but are completely unnecessary.
It's a sort of niffy trick you can play on your body but as long as you eat less then 2000 calories a day you will average a weight loss.
Carb diets are so popular because they work and you can ignore caloric intake but I would never recommend one. People who learn to lose weight this way almost always put it all back on because they learned the wrong lessons from their eating habits.

That's a hell of a haircut user. I'm already a bit of an alcoholic and my metabolism is shot to shit because I was anorexic previously. Also I already smoke cigs and drink coffee. I want to use this fast as a way to cleanse toxins from my body and shed a few pounds, thanks for the lulzy post though. In one more hour I'll already have not eaten for 24 hours.

Why have that much fat when he can have 250g of protein?

I have already been on a strict diet. You do need to make sure you don't yoyo

>10lbs in one week
kek

When your electrolyte balance fluctuates (when you drink too much, or eat too much salt) you body will release the stress hormone cortisol (the one that makes you age faster and that cause complications) in order to bring it to normal. So each and every time you debalance it, you're
putting stress on your body. Please, if you're not sure about something, just go online and look at the studies or research papers published by legit western universities.

I've personally tried and researched every single bit of advice I gave you here, and I know they work. Just don't listen to these guys that have no clue on what they're talking about, yet they're giving bad advice to people.

Just use google or go to the library and double-check anything you read here, because some people are just stupid.

I yo-yo all the time and have no idea how to stop it

Assuming you are a young adult OP, I'd recommend the following;
1. Stop drinking beer. Drink clear liquor if you have to
2. Eliminate as much processed foods as you can
3. Cut down on carbs, eat more proteins and fruits/vegetables.
4. Exercise every day. I swim first thing in the morning.
5. Take multivitamins.

I went from 206lbs to 176lbs (im 6ft) in about 4/5 months. Its not a fat loss, but its stable, and i can do drinking benders over the weekend and not have to worry about rapidly gaining weight.

retarded as fuck

why are you guys looking to lose weight so extremely? how fat and ADHD ridden are you?

Your post is 100% concentrated broscience.

**fast loss

This is sort of true but only in the sense that a person who tries to severely limit their caloric intake will probably fail horribly. You can lose fat but eating very little but the ability to do this long term and more importantly to transition to simply not gaining wait is something that takes discipline and this sort of attitude of starving doesn't teach long term successful wait loss.

no it isn't, if you lose weight that extremely your basal metabolic rate is going to drop quite signficantly, meaning that you need less food for your body to gain fat coupled with your body being less efficient due to directing its energy needs away from important bodily processes and towards gaining the fat it lost so drastically. losing weight that fast is problematic for that reason. reducing your calories to 500 below what you need to maintain your body weight is the safe and controllable way to lose weight and keep it off.

unless you guys are trying to cut to fit in a weight class or something, there is literally no need to diet this fast. take your time and learn some patience.

Well here's the thing:

>be me 21
>be in shitty soul sucking relationship
>get depressed
>gain 50 lbs
>break up bc fuck that leech
>lose 30 lbs in 2 1/2 months by exercising
>getting impatient
>make a friend
>friend and me hang out all the time
>friend constantly buying unhealthy shit
>friend and I binge drink
>try to switch to just liquor with water
>kinda works
>haven't gained any new weight but not losing anymore
>really impatient now
>friend working all week so I have time to fast without bad influence

And that's why I'm here. Starting weight was 200 now at 169.

>no it isn't, if you lose weight that extremely your basal metabolic rate is going to drop quite signficantly
>reducing your calories to 500 below what you need to maintain your body weight is the safe and controllable way to lose weight and keep it off.
What you're saying here is actually the opposite of reality. Watch this: youtube.com/watch?v=tIuj-oMN-Fk

To throw your electrolytes off balance you need to drink like gallons of water in a short period while excreting electrolytes (i.e. sweating).

Your post is full of stupid paranoia.

You'd dpo best to put some effort into starting to exercise more. If your friend is the root of you all hanging out, just go before they wake up. If you are like me, I cant exercise after I eat, so i wake up a bi early and crank it out then. Sucks at first, but then you get used to it. Bring your friend if ya want to. Nothing motivates me to work out harder than seeing my fat friend practically drowning as I jam out laps like its cool.

Unless they're bodybuilding that much protein is useless.

it depends on what one's normal cal intake is supposed to be.. if it's already at like 1200-1400 a day then dropping it 500 is only going to result in starvation

Also, if you want to exercise during your fast, I would only do some light stuff. A one week fast is good if you want to lose weight, without having to run or do some intense activites... and if your blood sugar gets too low (which happens after intense exercise) your body will release cortisol, which you want to avoid long term.

So, if you want to keep your muscle and lose fat, I would fast one week, then go back to a keto diet (meat, fish and green leafy veggies... with a lot of healthy fats) for the rest of the month. I don't recall the exact number, but after a little more than one week fasting (maybe 10 days), your body will start releasing a lot of adrenaline and cortisol, which is gonna make you lose muscles too... so stick with one week. If you just want to get skinny and don't really care about keeping a muscular "abercrombie" shape, then you can do the fast more often.

But the thing is he has an insanely high metabolism. He can eat whatever he wants and he's fine. He wants to build muscle mass and I'm just trying to lose fat. The only working out I do us running so it wouldn't make sense for him to come along. I think you're right though, I should try to start an early routine. The only problem is I'm usually hungover lol.

is it ok to lose weight thusly:

1. eat clean foods (veg, lean meats, beans, fish, milk etc)
2. cardio 3-4 times per week
3. low carbs (~20% of calories)
4. 500 or so caloric deficit
5. good sleep

is this enough to get lean?

My goal is purely to get skinny, I don't really want to look muscular. How frequently would you recommend fasting?

Broscience at its finest.

Please, don't give advice if you don't know what you're talking about. Just get the fuck out if you can't offer any science-backed tips.

Thanks.

Also just saying (and I'm guilty of this too) this is an image board.

milk is a ton of carbs dingus

As im sure you know, different results require different routines. Running is great. I personally cant run for shit, but it does the job. I would make sure you incorporate push ups, crunches, air squats, and pull ups to make sure you are keeping your entire body active. And Ill tell you what, there isn't a single day i dont wake up just a little hung over. Try to slam down a bunch of water before bed and you'll be alright. i usually have to piss all through the night, but otherwise im functional in the morning.

How do you Sup Forumsros stay motivated during a fast?

that's what i honestly thought till i came to this thread, its always worked for me (been lifting for years and have successfully bulked and cut for most of my adult life)

nutritious and high quality food, cardio, low carbs and a steady deficit always made me pretty lean

jack off
play video games

be useless

Thanks man, good advice.

So everyone binges. The thing is never to binge too HARD. Always have a limit. If your gonna binge don't break that 700 calorie mark and eat less the next day.

The real way to diet is just to keep track of the number. ie calories/fats

I've been holding steady at 2,200. No weight loss but I have been doing that more than easily. That's maintainence.
The point of PSMF is to get your body to run completely off protien to cause intense fat loss and minimal, if any, muscle loss.

Food is fuel. It is not a source of enjoyment, you gotta put the best gas in your car right? Same for your body. It's totally a numbers game. I don't even believe in cheat days. 2000 kcal a day plenty.

I'd personally fast as long as possible... but that is not quite healthy. You would lose weight fast for sure, and you won't feel hungry. But you'll have some problems sleeping, since your body will release even more cortisol and adrenaline early in the morning. Too many stress hormones are not good in the long run, like I said. But the weight will melt easily.

You could also do intermittent fasting in-between your longer fasts. So you do a one week fast, then for one week you eat once per day (and make sure you eat protein and broccoli/spinach plus healthy fats like coconut oil or avocados) then the next week you do another one week fast. And after, rinse & repeat.

You could even do exercise in both options now.

Yes, but correlation doesn't equal causation.

I know that what you did probably worked for yourself, but how can you be sure that for example, the deadlifts and squats you were doing didn't speed up up weight loss through the release of testosterone and growth hormone in the body? If you don't know for sure the variables that came into play, then don't try to spread some bro science online.

>If you don't know for sure the variables that came into play, then don't try to spread some bro science online.
i've already conceded to you and admitted that i don't know fully, and i admit also that what worked for me might not work for someone else cause i don't want to spread broscience

I think I'll do exactly this, thank you user! It sounds sustainable enough. Do you think I can fit heavy drinking into that equation though?

Lmao that's only like a weeks worth of faps. Not even yellowed yet.

Not sure if serious about drinking, but I'll still respond in case anyone is curious.

When you drink alcohol, your body puts everything aside (digestion-wise), and just focuses on eliminating alcohol because it's considered toxic. So let's say you eat some sugar (which should be metabolized pretty fast in the body) and you drink alcogol right after eating it. What will happen, is that the sugar will not be used as energy until the alcohol is present. So if you drank one beer and it took your body one hour to eliminate the alcohol, you'd only feel the sugar energy after rhat hour.

So binge drinking will delay your fat-loss, and even inhibit it completely, if you're always drunk. But you could still drink one beer every day, during your intermittent fasting phase. Plus, in that state, one beer will make you drunk, but it will get metabolized faster as well. So it's gonna be a bigger hit, that lasts shorter.

Bottom line, you can't burn fat while you have alcohol in your system.