Why did Lou Reed shit on The Doors and The Beatles when both bands were just as important as The Velvet Underground...

Why did Lou Reed shit on The Doors and The Beatles when both bands were just as important as The Velvet Underground were to the rock n roll elevation movement?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H_McaUor0G0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

when someone is a peer for you you make cheap comments easier.

Because he knew TVU were better, but he couldn't have known as we all do today that TVU went on to inspire better bands and movements.

only the doors might claim similar value but that was a sad sack victimhood celebration band and probably deserves only contempt
beatles are a joke band that people took seriously accidentally and could never admit the mistake
at the end of the day making a tranny suck on your ding dong while your sailor friend watches is the only enlightened state of being

Idk, but The Doors suck.

Because Lou Reed was a top banterer, and he used to just chat shit for fu

This is some next level edge

This. He was always being hypocritical/unreliable. Its hard to tell what he actually thought about things at times.

>Why did Lou Reed shit on The Doors
Because he was jealous of Jim Morrison's bad boy image that he thought he deserved
>The Beatles
Because they played more than three chords, if you know what I mean

I think he also dissed Hendrix and Iggy, so he didn´t really liked nobody

He was well known for making up shit in interviews for a laugh, especially hating on other musicians

Lou Reed hates everyone. Plus, Jim Morrison got to bang Nico a lot, something Lou wanted to do. TVU didn't gain a decent following until 15-20 years after they were a thing, so of course he'd be bitter of other bands getting more popular than me

>something Lou wanted to do
Lou went out with Nico for a while

for us today they all represent 60's rock music, but at the time for each other they represented very different places and subcultures

Reed did later induct Frank Zappa into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and everything - as bizarre as that may seem as an idea
youtube.com/watch?v=H_McaUor0G0

>so of course he'd be bitter of other bands getting more popular than me
>than me
Are you Lou Reed?

Because the Velvets were modern in their outlook; the bullshit they sold their fans was S&M, heroin and trannies rather than poetry, LSD and eastern mysticism.

Because his band was better than either.
Also, I know it's relevant in certain conversations, but I hate when people equate "importance"/"influence" with quality of the music itself.

He's right you know.

>the velvets

>Iggy
I thought he was friends with him? Along with Bowie and Jagger, they seemed to be close.

Closer than you think

>Closer than you think
All of them were fuck buddies?

Wait, why audience start to boo at 3:43 when Lou Reed get on stage?

ok, I read some yt comments and I guess I know now:
This is, of course, the same Lou Reed who once described Frank Zappa as '[…] probably the single most untalented person I've heard in my life. He's a two-bit, pretentious academic, and he can't play rock 'n' roll, because he's a loser.’ But when Zappa is dead, and Lou wants some of that sweet, sweet avant-garde credibility . . .