Hey Sup Forums I ship off to Air Force Basic tomorrow...

Hey Sup Forums I ship off to Air Force Basic tomorrow, I'm excited to go but the job I have booked is not one I particularily want. Is it possible to change my job during basic? Can I switch to a general aptitude area or to any other job? Thanks for the help, in advance.

would be a much better place to ask and receive answers for this question.

Try traveling outside of Sup Forums for once.

I believe you are fucked

Nope. You obviously didn't question your recruiter enough before signing your contract.

no it is not possible. there is a line in your contract that states AIR FORCE NEEDS WILL PREVAIL. and they do. Kiss your ass good bye

This. It makes absolutely no difference what any recruiter may have told you or promised you, once you've finished basic, you will be assigned your MOS based on the needs of the Air Force at that moment.

When you get the chance make 9/11 2.0

Yeeeeea no you'll go where your're needed. Enjoy those tasty Air Force wooks though user.

This nigga is going to be a crew chief aint he... kek

Kind of. You will in like week 6 during interviews.
Enjoy san antonio, when you get base lib use it well!

You're going to fight with your roomies a ton, but your a team, remember that. Don't snitch on anyone.

DO NOT ADMIT TO DOING ANY DRUGS OR HAVING ANY MEDICAL PROBLEMS.
Do not go to medical unless you 100% have too.

you will get sick. tough through it.

Dont be annoying. Be mature. Make friends.

Go for honor grad. Its not too hard, and the end test is a joke. Just study. The main thing is being in a position of leadership. gun for it.

DO not be a chow runner.

They will fire your guidon several times.
Dont fight over who goes into the chow hall first. Seriously.

DO NOT talk politics or anything controversial.

Get as much rest as you can.

You'll be fine homie. make sure you write your parents lots of letters and tell them to give your adress to everyone, and for everyone to write you letters, they really help.

just have some common sense and you'll be good!

Or services

AFSC?

this

Hey two of my friends are shipping off next week, ones in the marines and the other the army. I don't understand exactly what they are doing though.

Also Just tough out whatever MOS you get. Its a great learning experience and it's another skill to add to your resume.

After 2 years in your career field you can switch out. Even if you hate it, your work reflects you. Have some pride. If you're going to be a garbage man you better be the best damn garbage man there is.

Aim high.

E3 here, in basic you can change your afsc, I didn't change mine because 2ax32 is nice, like user said before DO NOT BE A CHOW RUNNER just don't fucking do it, stay away from med they'll fuck you up shits depressing, if youre a brewdog sorry crew dog which is crew cheif then you're lame lol, have fun in basic and don't be scared, you'll hear a lot of rumors about shit but that's about it, and remember why you're there when you make that first call home and when you cross the bomb run and loose the title of trainee it's dope

Actually he can't apply for a cross training until his 3rd year if he's a 4 year or his 5th if he's a 6 year.

you're airforce you dont really have a job

lol fuck off faggot. Crew chief is cushy as fuck. You're probably faggy ass avionics. tf outa here.
go install some fucking warning tags on the Cbs.

This. If you don't like your job, don't reenlist because your chances of retraining after your first term are shit.

Fuck the chair force you chemtrailing pussies

lol have a fun time buddy

Found the salty marine

Also, user, make sure when in basic and you're eating chow, you're never the one to finish your 3rd water (or juice later, if your MTI likes your flight) first.

10 year AF veteran here. The challenge of basic is to be good without standing out. Don't draw your TI's attention, if you get an attaboy don't get to proud and don't get bummed out if they knock you down a peg later on.

Don't be surprised if half way through you are cruising along thinking that you have it figured out and find your TI tearing up every locker in your dorm and screaming at you for no reason. It's their job to keep you unbalanced.

Study, help other people out, work as a team and you will do just fine. My flight went so far as to run our final individual mile and a half test in formation, shit made you feel 10 feet tall. By the time I left basic I actually missed the routine. I also graduated with a case of double pneumonia coughing up blood when checking in to my tech school. Don't be a pussy.

DO NOT BREAK INTO THE LOCKER WHERE THE PERSONAL EFFECTS ARE STORED, FULL STOP.

Good luck user, don't embarrass us. Tits, because you will miss them.

Good advice

Also, if you don't mind losing sleep then volunteer for people's EC shifts. It's amazing what they'll give you to get out of their 2 hour shift (protein bars, money, favors like rolling/folding your shit for you etc.)