Explain this shit to me

How were they able to hide from an army of easterling using that stupid convenient cloak?

Cus the cloak is magical.
>complains about something without looking into it first

Why couldn't they smell them? Does the cloak also mask odor?

Yes.

How were they able to hide from the Nazgul just by going under a tree?

Cus they can't see very well in the material plane, they are attracted to the ring but he didn't use it in the end

Hobbits have +20 sneak, I'm not even joking.

The cloak is imbued with magic. It masks whoever covers themselves up as their surroundings. In the scene to which you are referring they are made, magically, to appear as a big boulder.

Furthermore, the magic in Lord of the Rings is more subtle than fireballs, so it is also possible that the cloak somehow, magically, makes itself less noticeable. Remember, Gandalf says that Hobbits have the ability, a magical power perhaps, of not being seen or noticed if they keep down and partially hide.

Why do humans turn invisible when using the ring? I thought hobbits only turn invisible? do Elves gain like 100 dex wearing it?

>Cus they can't see very well in the material plane

Pretty shit agents to send after the hobbits then, couldn't Sauron hire someone better?

He did, they just couldn't find them either. The nazgul kept finding their whereabouts due to sensing the ring, but everyone else couldn't do that

So why not make a big cloak and walk to mordor with it like harry potter then? or would that make everyone go "so just like harry potter?"

It could be like the tardis keys in doctor who. They make observes just not notice it

The films don't really go into it, but the cloaks are magical.

From the Tolkien Gateway:
>Elven cloaks were given to all nine members of the Fellowship of the Ring, woven for them by Galadriel herself and her maidens. Each cloak had a hood, was fitted to its wearer, and was fastened by a green Elven brooch. Their color was hard to define – grey in twilight but green when moved or brown as fields or dusk-silver in the night. While they could not deflect a shaft or blade they acted as camouflage against unfriendly eyes.

>So why not make a big cloak and walk to mordor with it like harry potter then?
Hard to become the surroundings if you're moving all the time. It's not an invisibility cloak. People would see a big rock or whatever they'd be moving. It would be suspicious and probably achieve the opposite effect than the one desired.

They can't so it while moving it has to be subtle. See
Plus I'm pretty sure saurons eye could probably see through the magic

OH B-B-B-BUT LE EAGOLS WHY NOT USE LE EAGLES TO DROB DE RING IN DA MOUNDAIN XDDDD

>Why do humans turn invisible when using the ring?
do they?
In the books I got the impression the ring grants humans charisma boost, but I might missremember it, pretty sure it was non-specifically worded power-up. Like "Ring will make human kingdoms stand behind Boromir agains Sauron" or some bullshit like that

>why couldn't Churchill just walk into Berlin bunker in camouflaged jacket and shoot Hitler into face?

isildur went invisible in the films

>giving a shit about the Hackson films