What are some "once in a lifetime" movies where it was made so well and came out at just the right time that it...

What are some "once in a lifetime" movies where it was made so well and came out at just the right time that it literally changed cinema forever?

Inb4 Avatar. No-one talks about that shit anymore and the only thing it influenced was movies being badly converted to 3D in post-production.

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice (2016)

Invested the "shock twist" meme and proved that horror movies could be smart.

Brokeback Mountain, prove me wrong.

It was boring and unremarkable.

Still regarded as a benchmark of CGI and felt as close to "movie magic" as possible.

All true.

Now I am going to suggest the very first X-Men movie because that pretty much created the template for all future Marvel "capeshit" blockbusters including Spiderman, Iron Man etc.

I don't think Nolan's Batmen changed cinema forever. They seem a bit anomalous.

LOTR

The Fellowship of the Ring.

The Two Towers felt like boring filler and Return of the King felt like cringeworthy Oscarbait. Only Fellowship felt like a genuine movie.

Beat me to it. Although I do like the second and third movie, Fellowship is by far the best of the three.

Nolan's Batman didn't change much, but Tim Burton's Batman did. It revived the superhero genre that was basically dead after the last Superman movie. It also added that bit of gritty realism that persists in comic book movies to this day.

>My friends, you bow to no one!

Blair Witch Project.
Personally I find it very bland and shit but it did pretty much "make" the found footage genre. The marketing was also quite a thing.

i always forget how good the first matrix is

It really is a fantastic movie, gotta love how well it's held up after nearly 20 years.
The lobby shootout with all the pillars breaking apart still gives me goosebumps.

>The Matrix came out 17 years ago

The Birth of a Nation
Toy Story

>now every franchise ending must be split in two parts

but i think hunger games changed their minds

If nothing else Tim Burton's Batman recreated the character Batman for film. The design of the suit is unique to the film universe and is very popular. I can't think of another superhero movie where the costume was so specifically changed and accepted by fans.

>we're closer to the 2030's than we are to the 1990's
Take me back man

People literally flipped their shit when this came out in 1896

I always wish I could travel back in time to see reactions to new films in the early 1900's, Frankenstein must have been terrifying.

I wish that I knew what I know now when I was younger

That the Wachowski's were trannie Jew faggots?

i hate it for irrecoverably melding sci-fi with horror

Pulp Fiction.

Yup it catapulted QT into the Mickey Mouse of Indie Film he is today

The Exorcist

OG star wars. Can't really think of another trilogy that was a continuous story through sequels before that

>Invested the "shock twist" meme
Nope
>and proved that horror movies could be smart.
Was already proven by Romero

Dr. Frankenstein didn't do that?
Or is sci-fi just when it's in space for you pleb?

So many kids here thinking their opinions are worth a shit.

Some people claim this pile of shit was an Event Movie

I actually remember a college instructor comparing it to Citizen Kane (which is itself not that great).

X-Men desu

believe me bro, if you knew then what you know now your childhood would have been a nightmare, just like now

That doesn't make any sense. Do you even think before you start typing?

Although I can't say it came out right when it was supposed to ... I can say it's an excellent which encapsulates the 70's quite well (if you're into that).

The only one that springs to mind is Captain America's stealth suit.

Wouldn't have changed how I felt about the movie