Sup Sup Forums

Sup Sup Forums

Lately in my city there has been an outbreak of machete-wielding thugs robbing and attacking people, due to how hard methamphetamine is hitting the city. Since last Monday, there have been 10 reported cases of people either being threatened or attacked with machetes. So I'm wondering, what is the best defense against these types of slashing weapons? It's bullshit that one can't even walk to the convenience store without the threat of being attacked with a machete. What type of homemade shield would work?

I realize that getting a gun would be the easiest route for sure, but you guys don't understand how the law works out here. If you're not EXTREMELY well connected, you WILL rot in a fucking jail. The only people that aren't caught are the people that have exhorberant amounts of money to not get caught. Bribes aren't cheap. Seriously, it's a tooootally different context to what you guys are accustomed to, and when I first moved out here I suffered from culture shock because I just couldn't understand how the cops are just out to fuck over the average citizen.

Hell, just TODAY, the county sheriff put out a statement that in which he said "Machetes are not an illegal weapon, they are a working tool. Anybody caught with a machete and who is PROVEN beyond reasonable doubt to use it for illegal purposes shall be released after 36 hours"

You guys, don't take for granted your right to bear arms back home, ffs

TL:DR

What is the best defense against machetes?

Other urls found in this thread:

kultofathena.com/daggers-renaissance.asp
youtube.com/watch?v=XmQL9hNjfRU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Bump

What city? Also, post articles proving that this is habbening. Also post dick please.

Got to a little hand to hand? You need something that can take a blow or two and minimize damage to you. Maybe a metal armband or a shield. If you're not in the states and under the 2nd, be safe.

blame it on the bix nood

Mexico, I'm here for my Bachelors because it's cheaper.

Wasp spray to the eyes. That shit has range and may or may not blind the fucker if he doesn't get to a hospital.

That's what you get for going to one of the most dangerous countries in the world, you fucking jew.

If you cannot get a gun, order yourself a functional (not decorative) medieval style dueling dagger, like one of these kultofathena.com/daggers-renaissance.asp

Use it to shield and deflect against your attackers blows, then stab the living shit out of him as soon as there is an opening. Don't think too hard about it, just plunge the thing into his heart/lung/aorta regions as hard and as many times as possible. Then run the fuck away and do not tell anyone what happened.

Jesus Christ you must be pants on head retarted.

If you gave money and can get goods delivered Google kevlar clothing. There are several great vendors, I recommend a hoodie style, and also buy contact sports chest and back pads for added protection.

Now if you're poor you can do something I learned in jail. It won't help your head or arms or legs, but it saved me once from a good shiving.
Get 2 shirts that are 1 size larger than you normally wear. Then a boat load of magazines. Stack them two deep and sew them into your vulnerable spots, belly, sides, chest, and kidneys between the two shirts. It's hard to penetrate dense paper. Which isn't to say it won't hurt, also wear a large coat over it to conceal and add more protection.

Is your bachelors in being retarded?

Lol at this renfair faggot. I would kill you in the street if you pulled some weeb shit like that out.

user, get really powerful taser. The regular ones will just surprise them momentarily and piss them off. Get one that an incapacitate.

Go straight midevil. Make yourself a chain mail shirt and wearing it under your normal clothes. Having lived in Mexico and been in and out of that place for most of my life, easy enough to stay out of the shit by simply not doing drugs or getting involved in the night life.

Any bachelor's degree I get out here (I am studying mechatronics) will work just fine for any job in the States, especially since I am an American citizen. It's kind of the same trade off, at the end of the day. I either get killed by machete mexicans, or i get killed with college debt.

Once I get my degree I plan on moving back, and getting a master's through a scholarship, but I'm taking it one day at a time

Also, there's this thing I learned in vietnam : you cover yourself in foil, aluminum or other, and you inject a high voltage trough your armor. You will then become a warrior of Zeus, impervious to machetes, knives and small missiles. Only inject high quality voltage, from a wall outlet. Good luck.

Guns are legal here in Mexico just heavily restrict

noted

that feels like an overly large amount of stress to put on yourself. "well, going to the store now. hope I don't get sliced to ribbons" You can bleed someone out with a 2" knife. that's no fucking joke.

I didn't say that. Go try and slash or stab through a phone book and tell me how well it works.

I bet you get tired before you get through....

Try telling this to a cold dead Liberal.

Gotta repeat the chainmail responses, with a note - make sure it's riveted or welded. Since you want it for protection and not for reenactment or costuming, probably welded. They make welded steel mail for divers, butchers, and lumberjacks. For full protection you want to wear padding under it, but even without padding it will keep you from getting cut open. Against a machete or knife, mail is going to be better than kevlar (but it won't do shit against a bullet).

I bet those mexicans will be turned into mexicants when they feel the power of Zeus's armor.

Damn I'm giving actual advice and you are just trying to give out your autism

Nunchucks

You sound like a smart guy.

nice b8

check her out

youtube.com/watch?v=XmQL9hNjfRU

lulz. an hero, you fucking nigger. go toss some more salads while wearing phonebooks

actually a pretty nice throw and set up

get 2 machetes

>what is the best defense against these types of slashing weapons?

*retarted

best defense?

dont piss off or associate with tweakers wielding machetes

What? Mexico City? You must be living in a super shitty area and studying in a shitty school if you have to fear about machetes. I haven't even heard of that where I live.