Is there a point to Spotify when I already have a large digital music collection and access to private torrent sites?

Is there a point to Spotify when I already have a large digital music collection and access to private torrent sites?

you can discover new stuff that you dont know if is worth downloading and you have great access to new releases

Not getting arrested, you filthy lowlife

convenience

>what is a handheld music device such as an iPod

>VPN

I like how if I'm listening to something in my office, I can just pick up my phone and listen from the same spot on ear buds as i walk for a couple blocks, and then it all seamlessly start in my car.

Like everyone says, you're paying less than $0.50 a day for convenience and recommendations.

>great acess to new releases

only if you pay for premium user, soon if you are a free user you will wait some weeks before seeing new releases.

Aside from all this, spotify is in my opinion complete dog shit tier, literally paying to rent music and the funny part is that the artists still eat dog shit. Not pointing out the cons of the free users

It works for me (on premium) because it has everything I had from North America and Europe. When it comes to Asia and Latin America, there are huge gaps in their collections, so I keep that stuff stored on my phone. Spotify premium is pretty convenient since I don't waste space on my phone anymore with the music that is already available on Spotify.

I'm using their new 99 cents for three months of Premium deal as a test run. It's not bad per se, I'm just not used to streaming music after torrenting shit for the past how many years.

>paying for premium
>not downloading a cracked apk or y'know EZBlocker for Windows that even a retard could install

nigger that's how they hook you. what are you listening on?

Up until now I've used Plex for music on my phone, which uses streaming so I only have to worry about cell service. On my computer I use fb2k, which I've gotten very used to using and like a lot. Spotify is definitely more tightly integrated, but I'm not sure I need features like mentions
I'm in the same situation as you, I just got the 99 cent premium to see what it's about after torrenting for years. I just manually copied a huge playlist of stuff I've been listening to lately and Spotify had a decent amount of it (maybe 60-70%), but obviously I already have all of it and more already on my computer. The search drop-down is kind of wonky, it will sometimes radically change the top result, even if what you've typed is correct. It also seems more oriented around songs rather than albums (for example, on the big playlist I mentioned, it's only recommending songs, not albums).
>When it comes to Asia and Latin America, there are huge gaps in their collections
Good to know. I also know there are some NA artists that aren't available, like Joanna Newsom, and I'm sure I'll find more as I migrate my library over.

cute playlists

Doesn't Plex have a maximum amount of GB tho? Something like 15 GB if I recall

or you could just download music

Do people still use them?

You might be thinking of their cloud service. If you install the server on your own computer, they don't have a limit.

>literally paying to rent music
reminder that there is nothing wrong with this

cute

technically all music you have you're technically renting because you won't have it after you die

Wish they got an streaming option in the settings allowing for me to pick songs with bitrate superior to 800 kb/s (in contrast to their 320kbs).

Their library is extensive. If you wanna be inside what is hot in pop right now then there's loto in it, which is good, though not everything is in it still. Nonetheless is pretty effective if you wanna enjoy a casual listening experience

What is in it apart from your 1 stoner rock album from 1969 that was printed once and isn't even on soulseek or youtube? Even the bumfuck folk band in my small town has a spotify, what are you missing?

Discover Weekly is a godsend
a dead and unsupported piece of technology

rebbit spacing

iPod might be useful if they had more than 30Gb and a reasonable price

So is there a limit if you listen on your phone?

well, yeah. it doesn't need to be your main library, nor should it be. it's just nice to have so you can listen to something you hear about or get recommended in an instant. it basically serves the purpose youtube used to, except it's more organised and has better audio quality. plus it's really cheap, about the price of buying an album every month, and realistically you're going to listen to more than that even when you have your own library

>Paying for something you cant have full acess to
Spotify can at any minute say "fuck you all".

>needing 30gb of music on a portable device.
just update it with a new playlist every so often?

yeah and the FBI can bust through your door and take your hard drive for pirating music

But neither of those will happen. The only risk with Spotify is that you'll go to shit financially and won't be able to pay 10 bucks a month anymore. And if that happens music consumption would be the least of your worries.

I found out about the penguin cafe orchestra through spotify discovery

dead weight for poor people

are you retarded? the convenience comes from not needing hard drive space or having to synchronise devices, and having instant access to new music

And at that time, I will stop paying them $10 a month.
This is a godsend, so many times I want to hear a certain album immediately and most of the time spotify has it, and if not, it cuts down on what I need backed up on my phone so its not a nightly game of what do I need to transfer
I may try this though

>Spotify
And they said summerfags were a myth

When said "maximum amount of GB," I assumed they meant a storage limit. The only storage limit the Plex server has is how many hard drives you can stuff in your computer/NAS. The app you can get for Android/iOS has two versions: free and paid. Free version is stupidly limited, paid is a one-time payment of $5 for unlimited playback. You are only limited if you are on cellular data, and then the limit is how much data you have. Basically you are using your computer to stream music to your phone through the Internet, so your computer needs to be on and the Plex server needs to be running. (Plex server is completely free, no limits at all)

And at that time you could also lose music you've downloaded. Not to mention the 3333 track limit.

fuck no I need all 200Gb of my jazz noise