How can I keep my gf and build a long and healthy relationship with her?

>How can I keep my gf and build a long and healthy relationship with her?

Lately I've been obsessed and depressed cause her ex. I found a text when they broke up where she said that no matter what but he will always be her eternal love forever

bump

You can't bump your own thread, you know.

keep a healthy interest in pursuing your own interests and self betterment while supporting her in doing the same, you faggot

don't forget to enjoy your time with her and don't get caught up in retard mind games

read the meditations

bump

Just be yourself around her and show her you love her in every aspect, not just grand romantic gestures. Tell her you love her every morning, be there for her when she's venting about work, laugh and make jokes, make note of her favorite coffee, remember her favorite color or that she loves sushi, but not from that place downtown because their avocadoes aren't right, learn a skill with her, encourage her to break out of her comfort zone, be the one that she wants to spend all day doing nothing with or just playing video games, just be you man. If she doesn't love you the way your are then it's not meant to be. I'm not saying dump her if she disagrees with you, what I'm saying is that if you guys connect on a deeper level and share the same core moral values and compliment eachother then you should last long and as long as you don't do something stupid and fuck up. Remember a relationship is not a game but if it was, she'd be your partner. I dunno just have fun man don't take life too seriously. I came here to fap tbh.

pretty much this

I have had that conversation with literally all of my exes. It's a thing you say when breaking up. Doesn't mean I ever went back to any of them.

That photo... Fucking sweet

newfag detected

newfag detected

Find a woman that's not superficial, dishonest and self-centered. So, never ...

But he was her first time

Why not btw?

These guys got it, man. True happiness comes from within, so focus on yourself. Skills, interest, hobbies, career, education. Enjoy what time you have with your current GF and if it gets more serious, it'll get more serious. On the other hand, if this really, really bothers you ask her about it. If it's something she would flip out about, she's not the right girl for you.

yeah, she'll definitely remember him forever. I do with my first partner, but again, don't really want to go back. There's a reason they broke up, there's a reason she's with you. In the end there are no real guarantees in life.

I assume you mean why I never went back? Same thing I said above, it usually ended for a reason. It's like when you have really tight friendships in high school or college, but after you start a new phase of life you end up growing apart. You definitely say you'll keep in touch and maybe even meet up or email sometimes, but that person takes on a different role in your life.

Still, it's hard user. When you really love someone it's hard not to give fucks about things like that.
I'm comstantly comparing myself with him just to know if I'm a better bf than he was.
That shit stops me from enjoying my relationship with her.
It's not just the message, I also found a couple of pictures in where they're getting laid.

For once I feel like Sup Forums actually gave good advice in this thread

I know man, this shit isn't easy. However, by constantly comparing yourself to him, you're bringing him into your relationship though. Like, you're making him a more active player in this than he needs to be. I don't know if that's really what you want to be doing or if this is helpful in some way, but I doubt it. You're not now, nor ever going to be a better bf than he was when you're going by the scale of her previous relationship. You can never compete with a memory, so why try?

I agree with there as well, if this truly bothers you, maybe bring it up in a conversation. Just remember that no one likes a clingy, high maintenance partner, so don't bring this up every day.

>what is changing your IP

Newfag.

This whole mentality has ruined almost two generations of men.

OP if you're too weak willed to put more value in yourself than in your GF then there is nothing anyone, let alone anyone in this thread, can do for you.

You are starring down the barrel of drastic personal change, and if you can't take the leap to be a better more fulfilled person (by focusing on your happiness from within and self improvement) then honestly, you're probably better off killing yourself.

Dude, relax, act confident, spend time with her. Get a bag of her favorite candy and talk to her about like anything (not boyfriend) all night. Bitches love sincere shit

going through your gfs texts with her ex is fucking dumb

you've confirmed that she is capable of love and wants to love you

you're a better bf than her ex because she wants to be with you and not him

My man listen here.
Do not worry about her ex, he's her ex for a reason. She's with you and not him isn't she? So why should it matter.
I know it bothers you, because you can't imagine sharing her with someone else or her loving him more or whatever, but you need to accept it. You don't control her or her past actions, but her action right know is to be with you. That's what matters. (as long as she is done with him.)
Also, as much as you like/love her, don't make her your source of happiness.
I've been with my girl for almost 5 years, and i've learned a couple things.
1. Make yourself happy, be independent, find a hobby and do something with your life you can be proud with on your deathbed. Do it for you and you alone and it will all be real and last forever, because it's not based on anyone else.
2. Do not worry about her ex, is she worried about yours? Doubtful. Ex's are ex's for a reason, and if she left him and got with you it's because she wants you and not him. Get over it.
3. Do not think you own her or control her. Her choices are hers and she has a right to them, all that you're "okay" to do is set limits when it comes to being comfortable. There's a difference in being upset about her past decisions, (unhealthy), and being uncomfortable and not ok if she still talked to him (which is okay and you would tell her/leave her.) But outside of that, don't worry about it bro. It'll be alright.
4. Just relax. I'll say it again. Base your happiness around yourself, don't worry about her life choices because she's with you and if it doesn't affect your relationship there's no need to stress.
I hope this helps.

forgot to link.

bump

op you've gotten some choice replies here so i hope you take em seriously

How does that saying go? If you want love, get a dog

Just tell her, no matter what, you will always be my external lover.

be yourself.
do your own thing, but invite her to be part of some of it, some times.
don't be the sister she never had -- women like sensitive MEN, not sensitive boys.

pic related: read it, learn it, live it,

Don't bother. Women always have one eye wandering, looking for the next upgrade. Better looking, more money, more confident, more fun... doesn't matter. Either become an abusive, controlling motherfucker that she's terrified to ever leave or cheat on, or just leave her. NEVER trust or let your happiness lie in the hands of a female. Mark my words, she'll destroy you eventually.

We all say that at first user. I did with my gf. The whole "I'll always love you" bs is a thing you say once you break up with someone you've had a long-term relationship with. Now? I'm completely over my batshit crazy ex, and now madly in love with my current girlfriend. Just show her love and compassion and it'll be alright, user. I promise