Women ≠ funny

I thought the "I ate a food, I did sex with a man" meme pic was just made by some bitter neckbeard. Then I watched Ali Wong's new stand up special that was hyped to the moon by everyone, including one of my favorite comedians, Bill Burr. Seriously, it was just "vagina this, anal that, peach is delicious, my pussy isn't as wet anymore, I had sex with a hobo, childbirth makes pussy wonky, I fucked a skater(boi) NEET and DUDE THE FACE A MAN MAKES WHEN HE CUMS LMAO". That was the whole fucking special.

I've lost all hope - women just aren't funny and they never can be.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vzk-bj5bRNs
youtube.com/watch?v=CUR9sY98D3w
youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>Then I watched Ali Wong's new stand up

Sage.

y tho

>i watched a shitty comedian and now i think this comedian represents them all

Name a decent female comedian.

I like Tig Notaro and Morgan Murphy

Both transgender weirdos.

Dude, I love Bill Burr but his taste in comedians is fucking shit.
He keeps talking about Seinfeld like he's Jesus and Amy Schumer is 'the best comedian right now'.

Maria Bamford

Seinfeld isn't Jesus, but he's Jesus' cousin.

Yeah because they're both dirty Jews hahaha.

>the colin quinn class of comedians are basically all old and irrelevant and unknown at this point
feels bad man

Saw her in NYC recently it was quite good

Maria Banford is hilarious. I didn't initially care for her style but it grew on me and I'd say she's among the funniest stand ups today.

to be fair, they were back in their prime too

That entire generation of comedians almost never recovered after Greg Giraldo and Patrice Oneal died

they could move past greg probably, but losing patrice is impossible to recover from

Stand-Up right now basically boils down to this

>New up and coming Comedians who either have a niche crowd or are too SJW in their routines and pander way too much for claps
>Old Stand-Up Comedians who now live rich, comfortable lives with families and they've lost what made them be great in the first place.
>Female Stand-Ups who are praised by everyone(Amy Schumer, Ali Wong and others) because most Comedians right now are circle jerks who praise anybody in their circle even if they're shit.

Seriously, there are barely any good stand up comedians nowadays. The ones getting specials are either females that don't deserve to be there or shitstains like Burnham.

Honestly I'd argue the decline started around that time. Most comedians started getting in their own cliques and groups, shit talking any comedian that made it big(Carlos and Dane, who knows what others they buried with accusations) while now putting on a pedestal comedians like Amy Schumer. Stand-Up right now its a disgrace, you basically make it big if you're in the right group or have a vagina.

Chelsea Peretti

>Name a decent female comedian.

/thread

There's a difference between a comedienne and a comic actress. Having lines written for women and being directed well obviously helps.

That's a comedic actress though, unless she wrote for the show(which given the time period I doubt it) she doesn't count really. There are comedic actors, stand up comedians, and comedy writers.

Maybe but Greg was a killer at every roast he went to though, that dude was unmatchable, just a shame he couldn't get his shit together

the death of patrice killed o&a, which killed the popular outlet for a lot of these comedians

Women are funny to other women.

>Amy Schumer
I really don't understand why she's so popular, but I'm not a fat white woman.

>Tig Notaro
>"Hello I have cancer"
oh my god so funny and so #brave

>not knowing she was a comedian before the show
>not knowing she was executive producer of the sitcom that made her a household name

Millennials everyone.

Patrice was never good.

I haven't listened to O&A in a good while but I thought the Ant thing with the black hooker killed the show much more than patrice dying did. didn't they still have comedians on the show after he died?

You shut your filthy whore mouth.

obvious bait but here (you) earned it

patrice gave ant someone black to relate to
without patrice he just went insane with race shit all the time, the trayvon martin trials was every fucking day of ranting and raving about crime statistics without any humor
this culminated in his firing but the show was majorly garbage up to that point

true

with Patrice there that would have been a classic bit by now

youtube.com/watch?v=Vzk-bj5bRNs

>normies find this funny

>>not knowing she was executive producer of the sitcom that made her a household name
What does this have to do with anything?
I'm an executive producer if I put up drywall for a sitcom and don't ask money for the materials.

yeah that shit would've been gold, patrice doing an uppity black hooker voice

Nobody wants to read your high school essays brosef

Weeell I saw a a bit of it ... There has been people, doing this "Below Talk", dirty talk in general, straightforward in the theater but it never got out in the public like this. I assume going for the dirty talk, including insult, is the last paradise for the comedian cuz there isn't much of variety to come with. I'm kinda curious how those who has got a fame by doing so with getting the help of recent circumstances of medium, come up next !!

Never watched her so I had a look. That was absolutely cringe worthy. Is the audience laughing just to be polite?

they're laughing cause if they don't they're not getting laid that night

fair enough

>I'm kinda curious how those who has got a fame by doing so with getting the help of recent circumstances of medium, come up next !!
>what?

Watch Morgan Murphy's "An Irish Goodbye". She may be one of the top five standups working right now.

Not even a funny troll. Where the fuck do you get off

don't really give a fuck about this 'women are/aren't funny' debate myself, but Amy Schumer is doing a gig here in the next few weeks and the clip on the radio promo ad is some bit about her going on a date to the cinema and getting a small popcorn (cause shes implicitly weight conscious) and its not remotely funny in any way. I don't even understand why the audience are even laughing

>tbf theres a similar ad promoting a Bill Bailey gig too and his clip joke is equally unfunny

2bh I'm just not that into stand-up comedy anyway so whatever

I watched her stand-up and was surprised how much I liked it!

>morgan murphy

youtube.com/watch?v=CUR9sY98D3w

God tier:
Bill burr
Anthony jesslnik
Jim norton
Dave chappelle

Good tier:
Doug stanhope
Hannibal burress
Brent morin
Louis ck

Shit tier:
Chris dehlia
Joe rogan
All female comedians

Swap Hannibal for Jesselnik and you're good

The comedy special she did before she got cancer was solid.

Interesting. I started hating standup around that time and figured my sense of humor just changed. Maybe standup really did become shit and it wasn't me. Because now pretty much every standup I see just seems like a person doing cringey, try-hard shit rather than actual saying anything funny.

Like this: . That was terrible.

>no Jim Jeffries

let me guess
>"Hello and YES I am a lesbian woman in her forties deal with it"

Patrice is the Kurt Cobain of comedy.

t. low test beta who doesn't like to think

Nah jesselnik is literally creme of the crop. Seen him three times and seen hannibal twice. Anthony packs 5x the jokes and each one is a killer. Hannibal is funny but he gets caught up telling stories with little jokes too many times

t. aspiring female comic

I don't like anything anymore.

>We will never heard Patrice's thoughts on BLM and Trayvon, Brown and all the other nogs
>We will never heard Patrice's thoughts on Bruce Jenner sex change
>We will never heard Patrice's thoughts on Ant's fight with the black hooker
>We will never heard Patrice's thoughts on Trump vs Hilary
>We will never heard Patrice's thoughts on all the capeshit movies os the last 4 years
>We will never heard Patrice's thoughts on the rapefugees
>We will never heard Patrice's thoughts on Bill Cosby sex scandal

I used to like Sarah Milican but she went down the same path.
Plus you yanks probably can't understand her.

I watched it just for a fap. 4/10 on that criteria.

I actually watched this too recently and never laughed.

But the odd thing is, I feel like a talented writer could make her stories hilarious. Like the story with fucking a hobo and her realization is something straight out of Arrested Development.

Have any of you seen Lady Dynamite? How is it?

Google translate is not a substitute for learning English. What are you even saying?

Your sentences read like a computer trying to make sense of language, like this:
Understanding revolvers shouting melodies, Stacey can. Extemporaneous hot, sandwich cold; I feel.

Stanhope tried too hard to be the bill hicks angry white harbinger of the times comic and failed.

Hannibal buress is not funny at all. I've watched all his shit and I barely smirked. He is the black male Ali Wong. I'm black so shit is awkward: the comic.

Cuck King was never funny.

Rest of your list is ok. Burr is best male comic right now, but you forgot the fat Australian meme man.

starts very good and funny and then turns into some drama bullshit by the end but still watchable

Patrice was only good as pitbull in the phb sketch on chapelles show. We need Dave back instead.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go change the water in Buck Nastys mommas dish

>Liking Bill Burr
Fucking why? He's not funny, all he does is rant about political correctness.

>He doesn't like guns that have a good spread
>He doesn't laugh at Burr ironically marrying the very woman he warns his fans about
>He doesn't laugh about the gold digging whores epidemic

Do you not laugh at all?

I miss Ron and Fez I need the cake horn in my life

like the helicopter bit? or the small caliber guns?

>Patrice is the Kurt Cobain of comedy.

That would be Mitch Hedberg.

Patrice was the Madlib of comedy.

Madlib is still alive

There are no good comedians.

topkek

funny female comedians
>maria bamford
>sarah tollemache
>bonnie mcfarlane
>sarah silverman (inb4 hate)
>jen kirkman
>janeane garafalo (pre-politics)
i agree women arent half as funny as men though generally and my list of funny male comedians is 10x as big

that was a rogan meme you dummy

>jen kirkman
opinion discarded

Shit I meant J Dilla. Well they all look alike.

I liked Maria Bamford's show enough to watch her stand up. Both were good to me but well, yeah, she's bippolar and her humor and experiences matched up with mine in a lot of ways. It gets a lot more drama based near the end but that's balanced out with it getting more surreal and off the wall too.

She's the first female comedian who started out in stand up and not improv I've found funny.

Jerrod Carmichael, Anthony Jeselnik, Tom Segura, Daniel Tosh, Rory Scovel, Jon Dore there's great new stand up i dont think you're paying attention

>tosh
Has he come out the closet yet

Yeah well these names get thrown around with Mulaney and the indian off Slicon Valley as the forebearers of great new standup so I'm not willing to buy that.

she made me laugh, you dont have to follow all of gavins opinions .

I'm not even trolling. From the left to the right, from the moderate to the apolitical, there are no good comedians.

I liked Kevin hart before he chimped/sold out

Why does that always have to happen

joan rivers

when exactly did he not act like a shouty nigger

Carrot Top

No these guys are honestly very funny and smart the worst on the list were jeselnik and tosh also i don't think kumail or mulaney are funny please try them if you want to have hope in stand up again
not yet hes probably bi though it doesn't matter

Kevin Hart was never funny.

heres a (you) i guess

When he makes fun of himself for being a beta bitch

The thing he did about the dude in the gym getting him psyched up and never actually lifting was funny because I've seen people at the gym like that

high quality b8 or stupid pleb

>Burr is best male comic right now

>Not Norm Macdonald
youtube.com/watch?v=A848xpsDJbw

"every smart comedian wants to be hicks" hahahahha

>>sarah silverman (inb4 hate)
b-b-berny h-h-h-hillary -u-u-u-uunity

hahahahahahaa

He emulated his personality pretty much one for one, but sub a cigarette and related jokes for alcohol/alcoholism jokes and there you have it.

Also what kind of fucking name is stanhope as a side question?