ITT: Spacekino

I need some good spesskino to watch- The Expanse isn't back for ages, Dark Matter is terrible, and there's no other space-related stuff out there atm.

What's Sup Forums's favourite?

no

Space 1999

old British SciFi show from the 1970s that was heavily influenced by 2001 A Space Odyssey. made by Gerry Anderson of Thunderbirds fame.

The spaceship and Moon scenes hold up well, very 2001 like.

Special effects director Brian Johnson and most of his team went on to work on Ridley Scott's Alien, followed by The Empire Strikes Back.

I watched Sunshine the other day, I actually thought it was pretty brilliant
Definitely underrated

Top tier:

>Sunshine
>Alien
>Moon

Better than you'd expect it to be:
>Interstellar
>Martian

Reasonably good but flawed:

>Project Europea

The Martian is absolute fucking garbage.

Not a 'great' film, but a whole lot of fun. Arnie + Verhoeven = winrar.

It's not high kino but "absolute fucking garbage" is exaggerating it. Your pretentiousness is showing.

Agreed. The Martian is solid, if a bit conventional.

No it's plain shit. It's a redditor stuck on mars for 2 hours and nothing bad even matters because lolscience saves the day.
Visuals are also trash if you compare it to something like Interstellar.

>It's a redditor stuck on mars for 2 hours and nothing bad even matters because lolscience saves the day

You can make any movie sound bad by saying it's about redditors and that nothing bad even matters.

>Visuals are also trash if you compare it to something like Interstellar.

How are the visuals "trash"? Were you unable to see what was happening in the movie?

You're so pretentious man. Apply anything you said about The Martian to your favorite movie and it'll fit. You're just saying words that don't mean anything.

Lurking for spacekino.

Is pic related kino?

Stop with the awful minimalist posters.

Interstellar and Gravity are deeply flawed, but worth seeing. Aliens is a fun action-horror film. Star Treks 1, 2, 4 and 6 are also recommended if you enjoy the Trek.

Calling me pretentious isn't an argument.
>lol I'll cut a hole in my suit and be iron man
Yeah, that actually happened in a sci-fi movie you consider to be 'better than you expect'

It's better than Interstellar which says basically nothing

Pic Related inspired Kubrick to make 2OO1.

>kino
i was going to recommend some and post the space-core image but fuck you using these memewords

saged

Solaris came out after 2001 though and was literally Tarkovsky's response to 2001
Was Kubrick a time traveller?

Pls user. All I want to do is watch good space movies and I'm not even OP

He got an Oscar in 2001, you know.

Ender's Game was a bretty good space movie too

kino is european for cinema, its pretty common and not really meme at all

Georges Méliès was a magician.

Ignore Solaris remake posters.
Do not validate them by directly engaging them

No plant lady, no buy.

It's objectively a meme here.

>Yeah, that actually happened in a sci-fi movie you consider to be 'better than you expect'

There's nothing wrong with it. It's physically possible and funny.

I don't remember Reigns being in Farscape

Zhaan is a great character but Virginia Hey had no choice but to leave the show, the make-up was giving her health problems

>i was going to recommend some and post the space-core image but fuck you using these memewords
>kino is european for cinema, its pretty common and not really meme at all
>It's objectively a meme here.

Go study instead.