Possible New Format for CONCACHAMPIONS

CONCACAF may change the format for the CONCACAF Champions League for the coming 2017-2018 edition.

This new format would expand the number of teams already participating, Grant Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Panama one more club each.
It would host an Autumn tournament with the Number 2+3 teams of each aforementioned country plus Belize and the three Caribbean clubs (AKA a revamped Copa UNCAF Interclubes)

The winner of this tournament, along with all teams from Mexico, USA, Canada, and the number one teams from the aforementioned countries minus Nicaragua and Belize will participate in a more prestigious spring tournament.

What do you say gringbros and mexicunts, does this make more sense to you?
What do my fellow centracas think about this?

>inb4 no replies

I personally believe it's a better format
MLS finally gets what they wanted
It's still irrelevant as fuck though

As someone from a deemed irrelevant country, I'm pretty excited about this 2bh.
Rivalries between Central American teams of different countries have been all but supressed since they canned the old UNCAF club tournament, and it's something I'd like to see come back.
Plus teams playing amongst themselves in relative equal level increases the overall level of competition much more than centraca teams getting squashed by American and Mexican teams every year.

My question to you, though is: The USA is stuck with CONCACAF, it moving to another federation is a pipe dream at most, so it's in your best interest to raise the overall level of competition and perceived glamour of this tournament so it stops being "irrelevant as fuck"

How do you suppose we do that?

This will literally not change anything.
American't teams will still be unable to surpass the superior Liga MX master race

CHI

CA

NO

MLS needs to expand to Canada, or Edmonton and Ottawa need to be given a chance to play in the CONCACHAMPIONS 2bh
Canada deserves at least a second spot

great so when Mexico comes in with 4 semifinalists again can we finally put an end to the "MLS is improving" meme and just let it die?

Will there be a group stage or what?

>so it's in your best interest to raise the overall level of competition and perceived glamour of this tournament so it stops being "irrelevant as fuck"
I don't believe so
We're never gonna get players because of a chance to play in the CCL
MLS should pull out, regardless of whether they won every title or not

Why the hell does Canada "deserve" a second spot?

There's not even 4 Mexican semifinalists now

>Shilling NASL

Last year in particular, all MLS teams were btfo by Mexican squads. The Santos-Galaxy and Seattle-America games were hard as fuck to swallow, considering those were our "favorites" to compete.

>Will there be a group stage or what?
Presumable both Autumn and Spring tournaments will have a group stage and a knockout stage.
>We're never gonna get players because of a chance to play in the CCL
>MLS should pull out, regardless of whether they won every title or not
What and not play international club competitions at all? How in the hell would this help US football in any way?
They might not be the biggest soccer country, but they are in the MLS, a league whose clubs are much more prestigious than many in the regions. As it stands right now they are treated in the same tier as fucking Belize though

>3 teams from Honduras
>30% of the teams in our league will make the CCL
>clausura and apertura tier tournament

And of course it's the Nicaraguan delegation that comes with such a terribleidea

I think the Nicaraguan delegate just leaked what was being talked in the meetings, they didn't necessarily come up with it.
And come on man, don't tell me you wouldn't watch comfy the comfy centracabant filled Autumn tournament, which as it stands is completely irrelevant to the whole deal

But a lot of that had to do with a lot of the problems with the schedule
The Galaxy had like 5 new starters and 2 guys playing out of position and it was their first competitive game
And the Sounders sold of their best player and had a couple of new starters
First competitive game against a team who has played for a month and a half?
Now Montreal did get around that by actually giving a shit about it, which brings up problem #2
The tournament is too irrelevant to care about
The CCL lost their English-language contract in the US
And the ratings were terrible, even the spanish channels suffered

American soccer will improve with investment, commitment, and time
Not playing some literal who teams in Central America

Canada doesn't have its own league yet
They have 5 professional teams so far
Belize has 6

And what the fuck will that "improvement" do if you don't prove it in international competition?
You think if you buy enough yuropoor stars they'll let you play in the UCL?

Lets remember that Central American clubs won the Concacaf Champions Cup 11 (eleven) times before ANY US team even made it to the finals. Our leagues deteriorated with our military governments but that doesn't make us literally whos motherfucker. Learn some history

I prefer the old 16 team tournament with a qualifier round, this is just watered down garbage (which this current format is)

The only international competition we're concerned about is the World Cup where national teams play
We couldn't give less of a fuck about the CCL, never have and never will

Back when everything here was amateur
MLS teams have also won this thing twice before the name and format change

That shit is never going to happen m8.
The market oportunity of having MLS and Mexican clubs circlejerk each other is the only thing that keeps the CCL afloat, and the old format doesn't present enough oportunities for exciting games between the two

Do you not care about the Gold Cup either?
I'm just starting to think you hate fun.

Bingo
I don't mind is playing it, but it should be moved back to Jan/Feb like it used to be

The only reason CONCACAF is doing that is because of the TV revenue they'll get from more games played, this is why the CCL winner gets dunked on at every Club World Cup, the quality is just appalling

I doubt they get that much money from it
They don't even have an English broadcaster in the US

well, they will certainly make more money on the aspect of volume of games, plus you can always sell the latin sports channel packages to chicANOs that will always tune in to watch this circus

Their ratings for the CCL are pretty shit to

Generally the Spanish channels have 1.5x more viewers than the English broadcast
1.5 times virtually nothing is still virtually nothing

Yeah, thing is, they know they make virtually nothing sell more games that make them a bit more of virtually nothing in the Caribbean and Central American markets, which in the end are the beneficiaries of this format, they're still going to receive their shit revenue from the spring tournament, so they're going to add a bit more shit revenue from Autumn just because they can

Actually, it looks like they're trying to increase MLS/Liga MX group games
Hasn't been one since the last format change
Which is really stupid in my opinion
Of course this whole goddamn tournament is a waste of time so I don't know

Except everyone gets dunked at the CWC except for european teams. Did you see Atletico Narconal match? It was fucking awful. I don't mean to defend mexilard teams but the CWC is a meme tournament and the CCL is all we have and all I know is that this move will at least make competition seem more even than what we have now

How come Mexico gets cucked by CONCACAF? We deserve premium treatment by far, not equal/lower to MLS. The people in charge of Mexico are idiots. We also have muh CONMEBOL desertion leverage.

Here is a simple solution

Get rid of the fucking Caribbeaniggers. Seriously, they have a fuck ton of small insignificant Islands that shouldn't even have a National Team.

Solution A; The Caribbean becomes its own Confederation with .5 WCQ Spot and fought against Oceania for entry into the World Cup. They also have their own Champions League Tournament between these literal who islands.

Solution B: These Literal who Islands fight amongst themselves and send two of the best islands to qualify with us. Same with teams, they only send 2 and no more.

What this will do is turn CONCACAF into CONCAF, and will only be 10-12 teams. We could have a 10-12 Team WC Qualifying "League" similar to CONMEBOL, where each team plays eachother twice.

As for the CONCAChampions League. The solution is simple also, just copy the UEFA Champions League ffs. Makes it much Easier. Though remove one Caribbean Spot and give it to Canada.

Reminder that alot of the Corruption in CONCACAF came from the Caribbean, and that the Mexicans don't like the pacey niggers either.

Do it. Leave CONCACAF. You will never qualify for a WC ever again.

Don't ever talk about football to me again amerigordo.

Hey, unlike the uncivilised swing that watch Handegg I watch Football.

>inb4 you have to go back

Anyway, you honestly think that Mexico can compete with the Hue's and Messigentina? You got buttblasted by Texas ffs.

Yes reddit, if you watched more football you'd notice that for over 25 years Mexico has been able to compete with CONMEBOL nations. Of course, joining CONMEBOL would mean the end of going to all the World Cups, as that is reserved only to Argentina and Brazil over there. But we would be in competition, yes.

>A Mexican't thought he wasn't chained to CONCACAF near me

>guatemala
>chicano
lmao

Shit, I forgot Venezuela. But I'm sure y'all have made that mistake before.

>MLS finally gets what it wanted

I thought MlelS wanted the tournament to match its retarded schedule and have the finals in the Fall when MLelS teams are supposedly at their best and not during the Spring when they're coming out of pre-season.

They literally aren't tho

Mexicans only stay in CONCACF because it's easier to qualify to the WC here than in CONMEBOL

That's what you think
But you're too irrelevant to give a fuck about

It's simply not worth it to care about CCL in its current iteration.

You have to mess up the first half of your season to compete in CCL. So Montreal almost won it... then what. They tanked BADLY until like August and barely made the playoffs.

Much easier for Mexican teams (which they dont have to due to their depth) or any team to tank with the split season format.

Marica sos