When will we stop fucking talking about this shitty show? There's nothing special about it...

When will we stop fucking talking about this shitty show? There's nothing special about it, why the fuck is it so popular with normies? The writing IS SO CLICHED and stereotypical. I watched one episode of it and couldn't sit through it. It's not original at all, it's literally blatant copies of E.T, The Goonies, and anything written by Dean Kontz.

The amount of cliches in the first 10 minutes blew me away. Anyone with a fucking brain can guess how this shitty story will go.

>kids playing video games together being loud as shit
>mom trying to get through her autistic son that it's time to go to bed
>dad is a fucking dead beat who directs the kid to his mom
>fat little kid tries to get with his friend's sister who looks way older than him
>the sister is on the phone in her bed talking about some stupid guy using her for sex

And let me guess, the big twist is:
>the little girl is actually the kid who got kidnapped by the monster, they literally just shaved his head and nobody recognized him.
>the government was behind it the whole tiem!! wow

The standards for western television has decremented tremendously. I can tell it's going to be a long while until we reach the quality of "Breaking Bad" or "Lost" ever again.

>tfw have Netflix
>haven't watched a single episode

How does it feel to be a living meme?

It's worth watching, it's well produced and well acted. OP is right though, the hype behind it is way too much for what it is

You mean all the people saying "its not great, but pretty good and comfy"?

>B-but... le 80s retro = good !!!1

I'm just watching the last episode right now, I started watching the show this morning.

I never marathon entire shows because I usually get restless, but holy shit this is some comfy shit.

This show is fucking brilliant, I really expected not to like it.

nice blog faggot. how's your movie or series going? oh, that's right, you haven't done shit with your life. get the fuck off Sup Forums. school starts this week for toddlers like you

You guessed wrong twice

Ah yes, it's now time for the contrarian phase of Sup Forums, in which Sup Forums no longer praises a show, but calls it shit and for normies.

>cliches are bad

>when will we stop talking about this show
>better make a thread about it

Also clearly you were wrong about both your guesses. That means an idiot is you.

>When will we stop fucking talking about this shitty show?
proceeds to bitch about said show for way too long, tldr chum

>When will we stop fucking talking about this shitty show? There's nothing special about it

this. you're a roody poo, op

You must be new

>STOP LIKING WHAT I DON'T LIKE
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Well acted? Wynona will be happy to hear that for the first time.

So much bait, keep responding, help OP out he misses Stranger Things.

Is this Gravity Falls the Movie?

I c wot u did ther

>When will we stop fucking talking about this shitty show?

Well, I imagine it'd be easier to stop if you didn't make another thread about it.

> I HATE THINGS THAT ARE POPULAR
>BEING CONTRARIAN IS THE ONLY WAY I CAN PRETEND IM UNIQUE AND SPECIAL

>L-Let's see you do better
Is it possible to have a worse argument than this?
Here, since you like shitty arguments so much, I'll use a food analogy:
I don't need to be a 5-star chef to know that what I'm eating taste like shit.

I only just watched it today, so I guess there'll always be discussion as long as there are latecomers like me.

I really liked it. It's well made, well constructed, the actors are good - but it is VERY derivative. I mean, I'm not sure a single element of it is original. While it was a blast to watch, I wonder if it'll really last all that long in our collective memories, that's the problem with the idea of "everything is a remix", it also makes everything kinda forgettable.

I just watched RLM's review, and I'm glad I'm not alone with thinking Winona was a little one-note. I'm surprised they didn't mention Freaks and Geeks though when discussing all the references. Maybe they haven't seen it.

you're talking abut it, faggot

>thinks he's so smart for predicting everything
>gets it completely wrong

People on places like Reddit consider it a masterpiece

They were playing dnd, which is a board game, not a video game. You also got the plot completely wrong, you autist, There is no grand twist. It may be cliched and a bit derivitive in a some places, but is good enough to constitute a watch. If you are this triggered by people posting about a show they like on an imageboard you are literally retarded.

You should know, being from there

Have you considered going back?

you pretty much lose all creditably when you use cringy terms like "normies"

Watching it now and enjoying it. Nothing about it is original agreed, it just tells a good story with good acting and hits all the beats, which is rare these days.