Poorfag here. Instead of being a mooch and asking for someone to buy me a pizza, I made do with literally all I have...

Poorfag here. Instead of being a mooch and asking for someone to buy me a pizza, I made do with literally all I have. Learn something you liberal faggots. Also, cast iron is the best thread

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00006JSUA/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494368334&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=lodge cast iron&dpPl=1&dpID=41UPePLXEkL&ref=plSrch
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Also had enough for cucumbers in vinegar. No onion, sadly

Cast iron for life. Had mine for years. It's all I use. You must be really poor though, that looks like shit. Why don't you get a job and a roommate or two? You could live a better life.

I work on a river boat making okay money, it's not great, but better than a lot of places. Just got fucked over in a divorce. I'll be alright next time I get paid

Oh I see. Yeah that can fuck you man. I'm not exactly loaded. I'm making $10.50 an hour to run social media for a small company. Enough to eat and entertain myself I guess. Also have to feed a toddler. So I stay strapped. God speed to you man.

How long you been doing that? If over a year you've been there too and land should look for a different job in that field with more pay.

I make close to $21 an hour, on a month off a month

It's almost been a year. I went from $10 to $10.50 after 3 months and nothing sense. No healthcare or overtime either. There is a factory near me starting out at $15 with healthcare for my family. Thinking about it.

OP ton's of tutorials for eating on a budget. Shop bargian clearance bins at grocery stores. If you really want to go cheap talk to the manager about buying meats "past prime" they are still good to eat. I got 15 chicken breast the other day for 1.50

Legit though, that looks pretty good. Is it shredded potatoes or shredded cabbage? Either way is a pretty bomb meal, though if it's potato, you added the hotdogs way too early...

It's worth it though. "Social Media Manager" is a pretty good gig if you can get in with the right company, and this'll look good on your resume even if they're paying you shit.

Being a deck hand isn't too bad, sucks sometimes. Kind of like getting away on the lower mississippi for 30 days

I'm curious OP, how long can a man live on nitrates and lactic acid? Assume "quality of life" is not a factor, since you'll never have that anyway.

Looks like sauerkraut.

Dat quad

It's sauerkraut and hot dogs. Shits amazing, eating it right now with spicy brown mustard lol

Looks good

I need to learn to cook. I've been working in gas and oil as an engineer for two years now though and the pay is so good I just eat out every night. I don't even wanna see how many thousands I couldve saved by now cooking my own shit.

That's the only reason I'm still here, for my resume. Maybe with this under my belt I can land something that isn't shit.

Nope, social media managers for small companies are dime a dozen.

All the ones earning any money are managing multiple brands. You'll need to show you've grown one brand 10x and managed successful campaigns to get any decent kind of attention

OP DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO FUCKING USE A CAST IRON PAN.

Yuuuuh, and I see you workin' that black pepper in there like a G. Though sauerkraut and vinegared cucumbers might be a bit too much flavor for me.

No worries man, the grass is always greener. Try and be satisfied where you're at and do what you can to improve, that's all anyone can do.

Man I love me some kraut and sausage but that stuff comes straight back out of me whole and with the might of god.

Make YouTube vids on the side and get that add money

Hot dogs and beans is tastier and better for you. Try it with rice, easy, cheap meal.

Right on dude, thanks

I'm a moderently poor liberal that can cook for himself fuck you. Also cast iron is the best. But I just ordered a pizza because work has me stick in a hotel so I don't know what to tell you my dude.

Welcome to the Gig Economy

its usually broke ass far rights that ask for help behind computers, most ilberals have friends and family to rely on dipshit!

Poorfag or not that is a healthy legit dish you made there my man. Most rich faggots overpay at whole foods for that shit

:) yep yep

>Learn something you liberal faggots.

lolwat

I'm not political, just yerkin' jimmies

Is cast iron the best? Was going to invest in one but they seem like too much maintenance is required

Just season every once in a while, it's simple. Yes, they are fucking amazing. Big difference for me

Season?

I'm southern, cast iron is all I use. Even a salt, peppered, and oiled steak is so cash in cast iron

Salt and oil your pan nigger!

You have to season them with oil and heat every once in a while and they won't stick or rust. Easily fixable if rusted though

How is cast iron different than a normal pan?

Yup, scrub with salt rinse, canola oil, heat in oven. Done

Easy enough. Any recommendations? Going to buy one online right now
Thanks Sup Forumsro

Buy a lodge
amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00006JSUA/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494368334&sr=8-2&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=lodge cast iron&dpPl=1&dpID=41UPePLXEkL&ref=plSrch

If they don't have flat shipping I would buy two to get free shipping. Them fucks are pretty heavy

>Conservicuck eating what we wouldn't feed a stray dog at my house.

Ah, workin' for google, legally smoking weed and eating wholesome meals is fucking amazing.

They just cook better. Brings out flavor better. Heats slower, holds heat even as fuck over the whole surface

Never EVER EVER use soap in a cast iron pan. I don't put me in the oven. Just wipe clean with salt, a wet scourer pad or those chainmail thingies. Then put back in eye and heat until it just starts to smoke. Rub with some kind of oil, preferably of pig origin and turn off eye. Let cool and go be it a hit of pan spray and store. Mine are smooth as glass and can easily fry eggs like a nonstick.

Also don't cook acid foods in cast iron. Thats what stainless steel or cast iron enamel pans are for. If I could only pick two vessels to use for the rest of my life one would be my 8qt le cruset Dutch oven and the other my antique 12 inch cast iron skillet.

I'm enjoying life Bubba, sall good

When the revolution comes remember this moment when they are hanging you from the street lamp poles.

I clean with steel wool and salt, then rub whole surface handle and all with canola oil and heat in oven to smoke. Seems to work perfectly

Poorfags go pick up a jacked up cast iron pan at a flea market. Get a raging fire going outside and throw it in the fire. Let it burn to out. Pull pan out and hit with brillo pad and light sand paper. Then proceed to season it in the oven with fat or edible wax. It is literally a hunk of metal and can be rehabed. You can get a great set of pans for less than 40 bucks that you can hand down to your kids.

My granny from Kentucky turned me on to cast iron. Talk about a bomb fucking breakfast. Eggs over easy in a little bacon grease. Man...

Cook breakfast in your cast iron over a campfire too.. fuck...

Try blue apron, they send you uncooked food for meals you make yourself.

why dont you go to college you retard? working on a river boat is embarassing if you arent a teenager.

I'm not a liberal, I don't eat pizza, and I exclusively cook/eat Asian food only. Fuck you and your high-carb, high-sodium deathtrap.

Yeah. I used to do that but just using the stove top is like cheaper and heats the house up less. It does smoke more though. I have a 9", 11" 16" skillet. I also have a 8qt lodge Dutch oven as a fry pot. I have a divided corn bread pan, a kettle and a crepe pan as well as some blue steel steak pans.

None of these cost me more than 10 bucks and a lot of elbow grease and a couple dollars of streakolean

Not really that bad, a good steady job where I'm at

You know what you're doing bro

Bait or retard?

Implying Asians don't use loads of salt in the the form of soy sauce, fish sauce, fermented foods, and msg. I love Chinese food, real shit not American shit. The cuisine is every bit as developed as French cuisine.

Remember to salt your dishes while cooking. It ends up with less sodium then adding it table side. I don't even own a salt shaker. I use sea salt and kosher salt while cooking.

lol why make this thread about being poor if working on a river boat is a good job? doesnt sound that good to me, you could probably get replaced by a mexican.

you gotta better yourself, dude.

Southern boy here. Fat, a chef and come by my body honestly. My 8 year old kid has had more variety in her diets then most 50 year olds I know.

you dont like american chinese food? whats wrong with you?

Go beyond Chinese food. Try Korean, Japanese, etc and you'll see that it's not all saltier than the Dead Sea as with China's cuisine.

I don't even use MSG in my cooking.

If you read I just got fucked over in a divorce so I'm strapped at the moment. Got hit hard for the funds. 200 a day after taxes isn't that bad, I could be doing worse than 6k a month for tying ropes and cleaning

He's right though; American-Chinese is high-fat and high-sodium garbage.

Nah mate. I love it. It's the gateway drug.

But soon you work your way up to Phoenix talons, xialong bao, and lo mai gai. China is so huge it is a shame to stick to Cantonese based American food.

Drink deep of different cultures. Food and architecture do more to define a society than any other thing.

lol youre so fucking retarded. thats the whole point.

Kentucky boy here, buy my meat and veggies from the Amish

THICC

no, what color and religion people are defines the society the most.

>resorts to that instead of an actual counterargument
mmk

Pancakes, I make an exception.

Yeah this makes people who are liberal seem so stupid....amirite?

Yep. I make my own kimchi and have a Korean BBQ grill and clay pot cooker. I eat everyones food. We make Korean BBQ tacos on fresh homemade corn tortillas with kimchi, thai green papaya salad, and el Salvadoran crema.

Try that. It will change your life. Gotta have fresh tortillas. The tortilla makes or breaks the taco.

Thats what's up. We have Mennonites near us. Those boys got good groceries

that was a counterargument. you said it is high fat and high sodium as though its a bad thing.

whats wrong with you?

This is what the republicucks and Demonrats want you to believe.

yea, because its true.

My dinner

Have you ever had real Chinese? I want to try it since the msg bullshit often makes me sick

>Korean tacos
>tacos
>TACOS
I'm sorry, but no. I abstain from western food (except for pancakes) and absolutely DO NOT believe in 'fusion' food. As such, I don't eat tacos in any way, shape, or form either. Maybe if it were mua bao, but certainly not tortillas.

It is a very bad thing.

Oh, I forgot the possibility that I may be talking to an American. My mistake.

Yes. I liked Lanzhou-style noodles.

>the possibility that I may be talking to an American
this is an american board. everyone is assumed to be an american male here. we have a containment board for your foreign perspective now.

Beans, rice, hot sauce. under 10 bucks and you'll be good for a week.

kbai

thats the saddest thing I ever heard.

wow, even their airplanes rip off american companies.

I have a cousin that's allergic to msg, makes him bounce off the fucking walls. Going to eat Buffet or Chinese is never a dull moment

Try Flax seed oil

looks fucking good bruh, wish I could afford that

>makes him bounce off the fucking walls.
that isnt how allergies work.

Oh fusion food exhists, doesnt matter if you believe that or not. It's really easy to see why you have no friends and spend your time browsing Sup Forums.

Well, no. At the very least, they don't beat up passengers, and there's no risk of being stung by a scorpion.

I have friends, just most of them live abroad.

Wow, you threw shit together. Everybody, round of applause for this absolute hero of our age. How on earth did you think of putting food together to make other food?!

It's how his works, oddly. He's 50 years old and can't sit still at buffets. It's hilarious

yea, but they couldnt bother to come up with an original logo? ever heard of pepsi?

plus that dr dao guy was being an entitled douche who deserved what he got.

that isnt an allergy

He'll be among the first against the wall, hopefully his google glasses captures it all.

Look up on the internet how to prepare your favourite food (unless it's extremely fancy shit).

Then chemical reaction, he just calls it an allergy