Is this the best hip-hop album of all time?

pic related

probably not but an argument could be made i suppose

perhaps

(c)

Haven't really heard better so far. It may very well be.

Madvilliany perfected lyrics, beats and sampling, pretty much everything you need for good hip hop.

BUT 36 Chambers perfected the raw energy and soul important for hip hop.

Personally I think Madvilliany is the best, but it's hard to deny 36 Chambers as a strong contender.

A great album to be sure. Illmatic is up there. Food and Liquor is a fav of mine.

Objectively top 10

Where you put it is up to you

waht a unique thread and fresh album to discuss. thanks op!

desu I liked 36 Chambers, but I didn't see it as anything exceptional.

I can see the influence and impact/importance it has.

But I really don't think it compares to a lot of what's been released since.

>tbqhwy

what do you think of as being better?

This is the best hip hop album of all time

>babby's first hip hop artist

nope

being this new to hip hop.

That's MF Doom

Pretty sure teenage stacies have no idea who MF Doom even is.

>implying this is the best of anything besides maybe their own discography.

Just some boring, fat loser. There's nothing interesting about him

>Die Antwoord is shit so everything they made is shit
Sure thing, pleb

Sure there's nothing interesting about Dumile, but you can't argue that his multiple characters don't offer anything. MF Doom is the God-king supervillain, King Geedorah is a Godzilla-esque 3 headed beast, and Viktor Vaughn is a scientist and inventor.
If you can't connect those multilayered and interesting personifications with the Doom's rapskill and his production talent, then you sir are a plebian

not even kanye's best

Kek, DOOM is that artist people namedrop when talking about "real rap"

overrated

That's not even hip hop

Honestly, this album is very overlooked but critically overrated. It greatness only boils down to how profoundly neurotic and structured it is. It's maybe in the top 50 hip hop records. Nowhere near top 10. I hope your comment was meant as bait.

Correct answer.
Too many millenials in here

nice bait
give me 10 hip hop albums that are even close to mbdtf

as opposed to what, edgy 15 y/o who think they are the only ones who listen to le treu hip hop from before 2000?

Ha no, "millenials" is a trigger word. Just doing a little fishin'

/thread

Edgy 15 year olds are busy listening to the Odd Future Tape and Madvilliany for the 100th time.

Proper contenders.

Lyrically I haven't found anyone who tops OK also flow and interplay is incredible on this album

well with those two demographics covered there is no one left in Sup Forums to not bite

this pic is really more annoying than funny. its like you just had to dump some image that is loosely related to the post. i mean do you do this kind of posting all day?

>black peapel have it veri hard in the united staits :-((((

good album but not best. album does not have great re-listenability

If you can tell me exactly why the album is so great then i can try. I personally really like the album however i don't find it to be one of the greatest hip hop albums ever. Hip hop could've done without that one. In that respect its insignificant.

Boy have you lost yo damn mind? So you're tellin me you don't love the smiling face of Steve Harvey as he howls in his Southern accent, HAW HAW HAW perfecting that "I can't beleive she just said that" face. Talkin bout OH HELL NAW WHAT SHE GON SAY NAO. OH OH DONT TRIP, HE AINT THRU WITH EM YET HE BRINGIN GRANDMAMMY OUT 4 THE FACEOFF!!!

> An album can only be great if it's influential
Literally nobody outside select websites care about Madvilliany.

>A Worthy Challenger

>implying i have madvillainy in mind
I don't know if you're baiting me or if you're that much of an idiot that you can't give a real response but ok thanks

i like the cut of your jib

the only thing worse than jerking this album is not understanding it at all

Finally someone who knows what the fuck their talking about.

Donuts, Since I Left You

It's not up against much competition.

please explain

answer my question please

You spelled "baby" incorrectly.