New Alvvays

youtube.com/watch?v=knXIYXDFh4U

Other urls found in this thread:

exclaim.ca/music/article/alvvays-long_journey_to_overnight_success
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's good

fuck yeah this is killer

I TOLD YOU GUYS IT WAS GOING TO BE SHIT.

[spoiler]I'm kidding this is actually nice[/spoiler]

I love this band

This is music to eat ass to.

reminds of jmc

god i want to marry the lead singers voice

Did Julien Baker dye her hair?

garbo
more proof that whatever "indie" is/was died in 2011

well that fucking sucked

I still want to bum Molly

issa bop
alvvays boutta drop another classic on us

>well that fucking sucked

fuck no

>I still want to bum Molly

fuck yeah

>tfw no tablecloth-wearing friends-with-Velma-Dinkley gf

good for a Canadian band

Love it, instantly pre-ordered the album.

>good for a Canadian band
What did he mean by this?

That Canada's music is amazing, but Alvvays are just simply "good", or satisfactory for a Canadian band instead of amazing.

>tfw no cape Breton islander qt gf who break up with you via song

While I agree with he first half of your post, alvvays is pretty close to the peak of Canadian music, at least on my taste spectrum

Hopefully the album drops soon so i can finally enjoy my summer

Pretty sure its dropping in september, just preordered the LP and it says that the digital download will be available in 93 days

Doesn't drop until September mang

Pretty good but since Sup Forums doesn't like to enjoy things unless it has massive meme hype behind it this board will think it's average-decent

I'm still cumming

I'm sad that Velma left the band

One of the lines from one of the new songs is

>Did you want to forget about life with me tonite?

That is the single sexiest thing I've ever read.

This album is going to be fucking killer.

I hate you user but nice dubs

might leak tho

Already calling it, this is gonna be my AOTY

What!? Why?

Who's going to tickle my jinkies now?

same.

Even just this one track is more shoegazy and ethereal than the whole new Slowdive release

this is so god damn good

Did she actually? In recent pictures I've seen one of the guys missing but I didn't now then keyboard player left...

it's okay. it's a little poppier than their other stuff, i guess. more singing, less instrumental parts. i could see myself shopping at like Gap or some grocery store and hearing this.

Liked a few tunes off their debut but this tune is rocking. Like this a lot more - looking forward to the LP.

Pretty sure she didn't

I know the drummer left

Molly nudes when

Don't sexualise her.

stop lying, you don't hate me.

too late

Already my SOTY

>dropping the album in september
>thinking i'm going to listen to this shit in the winter

you're making a huge mistake molly mark my words

How do you un-sexualise someone? How can we make sure Molly stays innocent and pure?

Damn this is good phams.

too late

If Molly had coitus with anyone it was with Velma.

speaking of which I'm a fucking idiot and thought I didn't see velma in the new press photos

>it's another shitty band with a hot chick episode

this guy definitely fucked her. stop denying it, anons.

not realy liking the mix
was a lot better on most s/t tracks

Noticed that too. Honestly I think I'll adjust. The song is great and that's not a huge dealbreaker for me

Two hot chicks, and Velma is hotter than Daphne.

I disagree, although I do think Velma's attractive despite what nerds at their MA show were saying.

Seconded.

nah, this sounds 10x better than s/t stuff

I think they dated at one point, maybe still are. She was asked about it and refused to discuss it

yep.

>Rankin and O'Hanley have been partners for a long time. "Writing partners," clarifies Rankin (they are also a couple, but prefer not to talk about it).

exclaim.ca/music/article/alvvays-long_journey_to_overnight_success

also

>Alec and I both lived in a really crazy old farmhouse for close to a year. We wrote a bunch of songs there, but we couldn’t really live there anymore because there was close to six feet of snow and our lane was 400 metres long. You couldn’t get anywhere. We almost died one night, actually. We’d gotten back from somewhere and when we got there the whole place was covered in snow. The lane was completely entrenched so we had no choice. The drive out to the farmhouse was so dangerous we couldn’t have turned back. So we grabbed a bunch of stuff, walked through the snow and it probably took close to an hour but Alec made it into the house like forty minutes before I did. It’s so funny for all of our friends. Because they know that if anything went awry then I would inevitably be left behind. We moved out shortly after that snow, but we wrote ‘Archie, Marry Me’ in that house and a couple of other songs the record. The fall was very beautiful.

Also half the songs on the first record (Archie, Atop a Cake, Dives, Adult Diversion) are about Molly wanting to get married and Alec not wanting to

>nerds at their MA show were saying.
what were they saying

They were saying she was an uggo. Like I don't find her attractive but like to each his own. Lots of people would def be into her.

She plays a mean moog synth.

objectively, yeah. s/t was not very "radio friendly"

I just personally loved the feel of the guitars and synths beeing hard panned left and right while the vocals and drums sit a bit quieter in the mono spectrum

What's the genre of this? Shoegaze Pop?

i don't think she's ugly; she definitely dresses frumpy and tries to not sexualize herself

exactly

That in turn makes her more sexy.

Avant-garde metal

proof pls

huh. I just feel vaguely bad being attracted to her

Imagine if they broke up. If I were Alec I'd want to kill myself if she left me but I still had to play guitar and tour with her and watch her sing pretty songs every night

Damn. Cucks think they have it bad...

I'm really attracted to girls that have a slight case of mouth breather going on.

That second story is so cute :3

>you will never trudge through 400m of snow with molly to get to your decrepit country house
>you will never barely survive hypothermia cuddling Molly in front of the fireplace
>you will never write a catchy dream-pop inspired by your tragic romance

Why even live?

FUCKKKKKKK I KNEW THIS BAND FOR 2 YEARS AND I DIDNT EVEN KNOW TIME TO BURN THE ALBUM

Nice summertime vibes

>tfw alvvays is and alvvays will (haha gettit) be one of those bands where every member besides the qt girl singer is completely forgettable and expendable and will never have an image of a band, but just of her

It's kinda true, but I'm a bigger fan than that (I know I sound like a tool for saying that) I met them briefly signing autographs once they seem bretty cool. Knowing the rest of the band is what separates the Normie and waifu-chasers from those who actually care for the music