What did Sup Forums think of Suicide Squad!

Just saw it, loved it! Definitely better than BvsS. Long first Act, but overall really good?

Seeing some threads right now suggesting it sucked. Any reason why? Definitely beats the comfy cliche Marvel crap.

Other urls found in this thread:

ifdb.fanedit.org/man-of-tomorrow-a-man-of-steel-batman-v-superman-fan-edit/
fanedit.info/fanedits/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The middle could have been more fleshed out
7/10 summer fun flick

Definitely a 7 or a 7.5!

This has been a crap summer for the movies! Glad this one was pretty good.

>Any reason why?
Gay people who didn't like that boobies.

It was the best out of what they've put out so far. Started out kind of slow, but picked up hard towards the end. Honestly 7.5/10 whereas bvs would be a solid 7.
SS>BvS>MoS
Diablo's story made me cry.

you know you have a good movie when you have to put in a million pop/rock songs... and Harley's long island guinea voice was awful

I honestly don't know if you guys are trolling me or being serious.

The editing was nearly incomprehensible
Leto's performance was forgettable
The jokes were aimed at younger teens
The pop songs every 5 minutes were incredible obvious and took me out of the movie every time they started
The dialogue was was so on the nose or overwrought, "They worship machines now so I will build a machine to destroy them" "desire becomes surrender, surrender becomes Power" like what the fuck does that even mean?
The action was boring at best, and what the hell was up with the first fight scene with the blueberry monsters? They were literally just black silhouettes, most likely to lower the CG budget
Speaking of which, the CG was lackluster, like something from a mid-2000's movie

The movie was just one big loud mess.

Had a great time seeing this. It's a giant edgy melodrama. Of course critics hated it; it possesses all of the things that make critics roll off buzzwords like 'embarrassing' and 'retrograde' with none of the middlebrow themes or listicle nostalgia to 'elevate' it above the source material. It makes balding hipsters feel neurotic and class-conscious about watching Margot Robbie's legs and listening to the same Black Sabbath song everyone knows. The music cues were in-your-face. The dialogue was gratuitous and over-the-top. There was a woman with a katana and her name was Katana. Captain Boomerang. At some point the distinction between laughing 'ironically' at something and just finding it actually funny dissolves, and that's this movie.

It does say something grim about our neurotic anarcho-tyrannous culture that Marvel's movies about 'heroes' have become exercises in navel-gazing over whether the Avengers and the government are fascists or something. Meanwhile, the redemptive melodrama about the victory of friendship and love over evil concerns a bunch of outlaw characters who have to clean up after the criminality and incompetence of their arbitrarily violent slavers in government.

A solid 7.5/10, maybe even 8. I'll probably see it a second time. Great summer movie, and actually kind of heartwarming.

I didn't like it as much as BvS, but I really, really loved BvS. This one's more your run-of-the-mill cape movie. Me and my family all enjoyed it for what it it is - just a fun flick with some world-building for good measure.

Pretty ok. I was initially disappointed for the same reasons everyone else was. But I came around on my second viewing. It's not perfect, but it's functional and pretty enjoyable.

>Definitely beats the comfy cliche Marvel crap

It really doesn't.

It was unbearably god awful. Almost walked out, but I stayed to finish my popcorn.

Only people 15 and under would like this pathetic bullshit.

>!
>!
And people say shilling isn't real

I posted without typing the rest of my comment. Kill me please.
Anyway, critics took what were actual problems and exaggerated them like crazy. This is why WB execs should stay out of the editing room. Because any objective problems with a movie, no matter how small, will enable critics to be incredibly bias, but still seem justified.

>quips in the middle of danger that makes no sense and are only there for the trailers
>"bad" guys doing an 180 and becoming good guys without rhyme or reason
>giant blue laser shooting up in the sky that will destroy the earth
>beat the villain by the power of friendship
>character comes back to life by the power of love

Etc.

Yeah, it's full of the Marvel/blockbusters cliches

If you say SS was better than BvS than you didn't see the BvS extended cut. Though to be fair im sure SS extended cut will easily be better than the theatrical verison also

The BvS extended cut is still trash

SS is miles better

18+

BvS is thematically incoherent garbage that's meant to be a trailer for justice leauge and nothing more.

It's not a real movie, it's an insult to the art of filmmaking.

>What did Sup Forums think of Suicide Squad

It was bad. But still miles better than any other DCU so far.

Bad but a step up for DCU. Joker was terrible though.

i loved it

i love it even more because reddit hates it as well.

6/10. Definitely better than BvS and MoS.
Some of the shittiest editing I've seen in movies.
Okay music. Really bad directing in action scenes.
Great acting. Interesting plot just didn't get the chance to flesh out.

Reddit loved it

There's a fan edit that makes it a shit load better.
ifdb.fanedit.org/man-of-tomorrow-a-man-of-steel-batman-v-superman-fan-edit/

Absolute shit. But I'm going to buy it on bluray and watch it several more times because it's enjoyable to watch.

Kek suck my cock marvelbabby.

reddit worships it

Yeah, for real. Suck a dick. I liked it.

How can you say it beats the “comfy cliche Marvel crap" when it is LITERALLY trying to be the comfy cliche Marvel crap? They even released it in early August for God's sake, the same month Guardians was released in.

not when looking at /r/movies and most upvoted comments from numales

A lot of the complaints lodged against the movie are pretty legitimate, but I still enjoyed it.

Because it's similar, but still a little darker and rougher and the edges. Pretty much exactly what I expected from a Suicide Squad movie.

>shill doesn't know "comfy" is a good quality

kek he fucked it they should fire him

probably should have gone a bit harder

How can I view it? I'm not familiar with this website.

At least it didn't manage to make superheroes boring as fuck like Civil War, Batman V Superman, and X-Men Apocalypse all did.

Yes it did, none of the heroes in SS are more interesting or less boring than anyone in Civil War

r/DC_Cinematic is enough

KEK

Go here
fanedit.info/fanedits/
Search for it then download the dlc file. You'll need jdownloader to download the movie itself.

Of course a sub about DC worships it